023

You Again?! | Love Note I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The car pulled to a gentle stop next to the sidewalk and Jin Ae got out almost immediately, beginning to yell out Hyun Ae’s name once again. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and caught up with Jin Ae, cupping with a hand. “Shut up, idiot. It’s 3 am in the morning, people are sleeping.” She gave a small nod and Baekhyun retracted his hand, leading the way. Jin Ae obediently followed behind him, keeping shut. “The tracker says she’s here.” Baekhyun murmured, looking around the area.

 

Jin Ae too looked around, and saw a familiar figure sitting on the bench in a distance. She ran in the direction of the bench and Baekhyun followed behind her, also spotting the figure – no two figures, sitting on the bench in a distance. Just as Jin Ae was about to open and start screaming for her sister to wake up, Baekhyun cupped once again. “Shut up and leave ‘em be. It’s your fault that she’s here right now.” Jin Ae gave a meek nod and just stood there, with Baekhyun’s hand over , staring at the two sleeping figures.

 

Hyun Ae had her head rested on Luhan’s shoulder, and his own head was resting on hers, with his arm wrapped around her shoulder. The two were fast asleep, and the last thing Baekhyun wanted was for Jin Ae to start screaming and yelling and getting all aggressive. After staying in that position for 20 minutes, Baekhyun’s arm was already feeling sore. He removed his hand from her face and let it fall to his side, and without giving Jin Ae any chance to react, he grabbed her wrist and dragged her along with him. She looked over her shoulder at her sister and Luhan, still refusing to believe her sister actually went out to look for him.

 

“Here,” Baekhyun passed a hotbar to Jin Ae and she held it. “Mustard or ketchup?” she gently used her chin to point at both, and Baekhyun helped spread on the sauces. Jin Ae, who was probably still in shock, hasn’t spoken since they found her sister. The two returned and sat at a bench horizontally opposite from Luhan and Hyun Ae, munching on their hotbars. More like Baekhyun was munching on it; Jin Ae merely took a few small bites. “What’s wrong? It doesn’t taste good? It tastes pretty darn good to me.” Baekhyun took another big bite and smiled as he savored the great taste.

 

“It’s not the damn hotbar, it’s the fact that I already told Hyun Ae never to see Luhan, and yet…” she let her sentence drift off as she took another small bite off of her hotbar. “Why not?” Baekhyun asked, finishing the last bit of his hotbar and breaking his skewer into 2, wrapping it in a piece of tissue. “Because of what Chanyeol told me about him. His past is just way too complicated, you know?” Baekhyun kept quiet; it was true Luhan hyung had a complicated past. “Wait… Is she in contact with all the EXO guys except me?” he felt a slight pang in his heart at the thought that she actually contacted everyone else except him. “Just leave her be. She’ll decide what she wants to do with her own life, I mean; you’re in no place to decide for her.” He got up and threw his rubbish into the bin. “I’m leaving.”

 

Jin Ae got up and gave the older man a ninety degree bow. “Thanks for helping me just now, and buying me this hotbar. Goodbye and goodnight, sunbaenim.” She gave another ninety degree bow, and before Baekhyun left, he told her one last thing, “Drop the whole sunbaenim thing please. It’s really annoying.” And just like that, he walked off, leaving Jin Ae to watch over the couple alone.

 

“He’s so posh now. He no longer wears snapbacks either…” a small smile crept onto her lips as she watched the retreating figure of her ex-lover, Byun Baekhyun.

 

 

Morning came fast, and Jin Ae hadn’t slept the whole night. She was too busy looking after the two idiots who were sleeping on a damn park bench. “Both of them are gonna have a sore neck for the day.” She mentally cursed when she felt the morning ray of light burning into her skin – oh how much she hated the heat and the sun. She looked at her sister, and when a ray of light shined right on her face, she flinched a little, her eyes fluttering open. She felt a slight weight on her head and an arm wrapped securely across her shoulder, and she smiled subconsciously realizing it was all Luhan.

 

“So I see you’re finally awake.” Hyun Ae jumped a little, accidentally hitting Luhan’s chin with her head and causing him to immediately spring to life. “What’s wrong?” he asked, his voice all hoarse. He rubbed his eyes and a small smile formed on his lips when he exchanged eye contact with Hyun Ae. “Can we return home now?” Jin Ae spoke for the second time, already getting annoyed. Luhan tilted his head a little, looking over Hyun Ae’s shoulder to see Jin Ae standing not too far aw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter