epilogue.

You Again?! | Love Note I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Feeling better?” Baekhyun asked, placing the plate of fried eggs and bacon in front of Jin Ae. Her eyes were already swollen and puffy, no surprise. She fell asleep in Baekhyun’s arms last night, and even when she was asleep, tears continued to fall. “Yes.” Her meek reply made Baekhyun even more worried for the girl, she didn’t even look okay and she still had to report to the café for work. “Can’t Hyun Ae just handle everything by herself today?” she shot the boy a death glare, feeling pricked that he didn’t believe she was well enough to go for work. “Byun Baekhyun sir, please leave the house if you’re gonna be like that.” An “hmph” was heard before breakfast commenced, and everything was silent. Jin Ae was just poking the pork on her plate, having little appetite for the day.

 

The couple bid each other goodbye since both had their own separate occupations to carry out, and Jin Ae promised to call if she needed someone to talk to. “Yet another day to watch myself die in this battlefield,” she thought to herself as she unlocked the front doors to the café. She had no idea where Hyun Ae was, and she didn’t really care either. She was already used to her staying over at Luhan’s house every now and then – they just couldn’t get enough of each other. Jin Ae definitely understood the feeling, but just not the touchy touchy parts. “Appa, how’s heaven like?” she asked no particular person as she started wiping the plates.

 

“Have you given omma your blessings? I wonder if they have any kids right now.”

 

A bitter chuckle escaped Jin Ae’s lips, thinking back to how her mother behaved around that man. It was exactly how she behaved when she was around her own father, and it was signs of true love. She wanted to feel happy for her mother, but who are you kidding. Im Jin Ae isn’t someone who looks at broad images, she’s conceited when it comes to family and she’s not gonna deny that. “What a joke. She gave up on looking for us, right? She looked for us originally, and then she thought we were dead because she didn’t manage to find us. Please, all of this only happens in dramas. I’m not prepared to live a scripted life,” she cursed, slamming the cloth on the table, running a frustration hand through her hair.

 

“Well then am I allowed to join in the drama?” he asked, flashing his toothy smile. Jin Ae looked over towards the door to see a familiar face, and yet another sigh escaped her lips. “Not now, Kyungsoo. Leave me alone.” A small pout formed on the younger boy’s lips, “But I brought friends.” He pointed out of the glass door and 3 boys stood there, shivering from the autumn wind. They all flashed cutesy smiles and waved at Jin Ae, trying to get her permission to allow them in. Since the café was still closed, they weren’t gonna trespass or anything. “Aish, go away Do Kyungsoo. I’m only letting the three of them in because they’re so cute and you’re just, bloob.”

 

“Ehhh noona,” Kyungsoo whined, running over and trying his very best to aegyo his way into Jin Ae’s heart.

 

An amused chuckle was heard before Jin Ae ruffled Kyungsoo’s hair, “Awww my favourite dongsaeng is still the best at aegyo. Alright, alright, bring ‘em all in.” Kyungsoo ran over to the door and shouted for his hyung and dongsaengs to enter, and everyone’s first greeting was a “thank you”. None of them could stand the autumn breeze; since they weren’t dressed warm enough to sustain the cold air. “Hey guys,” Jin Ae greeted, shoving her hands into her hoodie pocket and walking over to take a seat with the 4 boys.

 

“What brings you here?”

 

“It’s called “ByunBaekhyungothimselfintoarelationshipwithImJinAebutnoneofthembotheredtotellthe4ofus” syndrome.” Jongin said, scoffing a little at the end. “So unfair.” He whined, sending an annoyed pout towards Jin Ae. Kyungsoo wrapped his arm around Jongin’s shoulders, trying to comfort him a little even though he knew he was just pretending. Everyone was here as a casual meet up, and to congratulate Jin Ae even though it has already been like 5 months since they got together. “Sorry,” she simply said, sticking a tongue out to provoke the youngest out of the four.

 

“Hahaha, stop it Jongin. I’m sure noona had her reasons.” Tao scolded, using his index finger to poke the side of Jongin’s head. Jongdae, who had been secretly eyeing the menu, finally decided to speak up, “Anyway, can we order drinks? Please?” he was craving for something warm, since his hands were still freezing. Winter sure was approaching fast, and the citizens knew they had to start dressing in thicker clothes as the days went by. “Sure, I’m not evil ‘till the extent of not serving you guys.” Jin Ae got up and walked over to the counter, picking out the coffe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter