031

You Again?! | Love Note I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I’m here to look for something that I’ve lost. I’m not sure if it’ll still be here, since it has already been 6 months,” the same melodious voice rang in both sisters’ ears the moment the lady spoke. A smile formed on her face, wrinkles became evident. Since the last time the girls have seen her, she definitely has aged quite a bit. “How can we assist you?” after managing to compose herself, Jin Ae managed to ask the lady. She didn’t want to reveal her identity yet, just in case she has gotten the wrong person. “I’ve lost my locket. Have you by any chance seen it? If you haven’t, is it possible for me to just take a quick look around the café? It’s really important to me,” she explained. Her gaze softened and her brows knitted, before she continued, “It’s the only thing left of my-” Jin Ae definitely wanted to cut her off – she didn’t have to go on further. This was the woman.

 

However, someone else beat her to it.

 

“Darling, have you found it yet?” an old man with white hair, dressed neatly in a suit came walking in. “No, I haven’t. I’m checking with the employees first, before I conduct a mini search myself, if they haven’t seen it and if they allow.” The lady explained, placing a hand on the male’s chest the minute he wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her close. The elderly couple both turned and faced Jin Ae, flashing an oh so familiar smile that she had constantly dreamt of chancing upon again. Now that she did, she felt so grateful to God for granting her this one wish, but she couldn’t tell her that she was her daughter.

 

The guy was not her father. It was another man.

 

“Unnie…” Hyun Ae called out from the side. Her sister was in an obvious daze, and even though she was just as shocked as Jin Ae was, she knew there was no use feeling confused. Their mother was already happily married to another man – isn’t the image in front of them evidence enough? Heaving a deep sigh, Hyun Ae walked over and stood next to her sister who was still in a daze. She gave a ninety degree bow to the confused couple before she reached into Jin Ae’s jeans pocket, ignoring the fact that she had just touched her older sister’s , “Sorry, she’s a little sleepy today. Here, is this the locket you are looking for?” The older lady reached out both hands and enveloped the locket, closing her already teary eyes.

 

“Thank you so much. You don’t know how much this means to my wife. How can we ever thank you?”

 

A small but forced small formed on Hyun Ae’s face before she replied the man, “There’s no need. We were just doing what we should’ve done,” before turning away to continue brewing coffee, ignoring the still present couple. Both sisters just wanted to dig holes and bury themselves in it, because they were obviously too coward to face up to reality. They weren’t ready at all; not even just a little, to see their mother returning in the arms of another man. Didn’t the ahjumma tell them that both parents failed to survive the crash? If yes, why is their mother still living and breathing right in front of them? What the hell was going on?

 

“Let’s go, honey. Once again, thank you so much,” the old man gave the two girls a bow each, which both ignored. Hyun Ae refused to turn around to give them another look, and Jin Ae was busy zoning out by herself. Her eyes followed as the old man dragged his wailing wife out, disappearing into a posh black car. Now that she looked at it, her mother no longer dressed in rags. She was dressed in riches. “Hyun…” she managed to breathe. She was gonna burst, she knew it. She was already at the peak of holding it in, and her breathing rate was increasing rapidly.

 

“Hold it in, unnie. Everyone’s watching,” the younger whispered, enveloping the taller girl into her small embrace.

 

 

Jin Ae slowly unlocked the front door to her apartment. She was still in a daze, and all she wanted to do now was to go to sleep. Her sister had already left to meet Luhan, which honestly made Jin Ae admire how even during such a situation, Hyun Ae can calmly go out on a happy date with her boyfriend. “Oh well, she isn’t an emotional freak like yourself.” She shook her head and chuckled lightly, pushing the door open to be enveloped into a tight hug by a familiar pair of arms.

 

“Did you miss me?” he asked, and she merely nodded her head.

 

Her arms wrapped around Baekhyun’s waist, and she adjusted her head so it felt more comfortable. She wanted to live in the moment forever – at least then, she wouldn’t need to face reality. She wanted to hate her mother, she really did! But she knew, just because of her own selfishness, it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter