010

You Again?! | Love Note I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Im Hyun Ae.

 

Rattling of the keys could be heard as I heard someone unlocking the door and entering. It was none other than unnie. She had a groggy look and her eyes were all puffy. “Did she cry?” I didn’t want to ask her, because knowing her, if I were to ask anything when she is in this sort of mood she will bite off my neck.

 

“Unnie, you’re home,” I gave her a small smile but she didn’t even bother looking back at me. She directly walked towards her room and slammed the door behind her. She didn’t mention anything about the showcase, so I believe she failed. I immediately got out my phone to text Jae Hee unnie.

 

Im Jin Ae.

 

I threw my bag in the corner of my room and lay on my bed.

 

“Jin Ae! Are you okay? Why did you just run off the stage like that?” Chanyeol grabbed my shoulders and inspected first my face, then my body. My expression was dead, I had no mood to listen or do anything right now. I just missed my mum and dad so much and I just feel so stupid.

 

I shrugged off his grip and advanced forward, but he grabbed me by my wrist and pulled me into his embrace. I let him do what he wanted, I had no energy to push him away and slap him.

 

“Go ahead and cry if you want to. I know you must feel so down right now, that you ran off that stage without even letting the world hear your beautiful voice.” He tightened the hug and with his hand, he started to pat my head.

 

I didn’t move. I couldn’t. This hug felt the exact same as the one my dad used to give me every morning.

 

I sighed and rolled over onto my tummy and stuffed my head into the pillow. I yelled and good thing that this pillow muffled it, I didn’t want to let Hyun Ae worry for me. I sat up straight and ruffled my hair, frustrated. I totally humiliated myself in front of half of the school. The people watching from the dressing rooms probably laughed their asses off.

 

I threw my stitch plushie at the door and lay back down on the bed, deciding to get some shut eye.

 

I buttoned my blazer and was ready to set off for school again. Today, the showcase audition results from yesterday will be revealed, and honestly no matter how much I wanted to skip school, I’d rather be there than being all alone at home, causing Jae Hee and Hyun Ae to worry.

 

The minute I stepped into school, there was a crowd of students gathered around the notification board. I couldn’t find Jae Hee anywhere in the crowd, so I decided to squeeze to the front to see the results. I managed to squeeze my way to the front, since I was pretty skinny.

 

“The winners for dance are Lee So Won, Kim Hae Byul and Baek Jae Hee. YES! JAE HEE PASSED!” I smiled, seeing that Jae Hee got into the showcase like she wanted. Now, I was back to reality and not lost in my own world.

 

“She’s the coward that ran off stage right?” I heard someone sneer. “Yea, to think she came to check the board as if she actually had a chance to enter the showcase,” someone else sniggered. I clenched my fist in annoyance. Obviously they were talking about me, and if they are meant to be snipe side comments, then well, they are terrible side commenters because I heard every damn word that came out from their filthy mouths.

 

I turned around and eyed the two girls who had smirks plastered on their faces.

 

I reached for m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter