014

You Again?! | Love Note I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Im Jin Ae.

 

I dragged Baekhyun to one of my favourite shops. The ahjumma who owns the store and I go a long way back, since she was my mum’s good friend. She took care of me before I met the Baek family, so I usually bought my clothes from her, and plus, she gives me discounts so it’s a win-win situation.

 

“Aunty Kim!” I chirped, embracing the petite old lady. She gave a hearty laugh as usual, and hugged me back with a lot of strength. “You’ve grown, Jin Ae!” I gave the aunty an eye smile, since she always told me ‘your eye smile brings joy to my day’, so as a present, I always tried my best to be smiling every time I was around her. She always made me smile, her silly little inside jokes. “And I see you’ve brought me a handsome young man!” she grabbed Baekhyun’s wrists and made him turn 360 degrees, checking him out.

 

I gave Baekhyun a pleading look for him to just play along, but he never bothered to look at me. In fact, he was smiling happily at the old lady. The two played along well with each other, and it was my first time that I’ve seen Baekhyun smile like that. I left the two to have their little chit-chat session while I looked at the instocks. Aunty Kim sells various types of clothing, but her instocks were usually for hippy youngsters. The place was filled with snapbacks, hoodies, and all those clothes that youngsters are in love with. Well, that’s another reason why Aunty Kim gets along well with youngsters. As they say, she’s young at heart.

 

“My dear Jin Ae,” I ran over and she grabbed my hand, holding it in the warmth of her own. “This young gentleman is definitely a keeper! Now tell me, how long have you guys been together?” she took Baekhyun’s hand and joined it with mine, clasping them together. I looked up at Baekhyun, but he was only focused on returning the delightful ahjumma’s smile.

 

“Aunty Kim, you’ve got it all wrong! He’s my sunbaenim, we’re not dating at all,” I pulled my hand away and turned to look at the clothes, a light shade of pink filling my face. “Jin Ae isn’t a tough gangster,” Aunty Kim told Baekhyun. Oh no, she’s gonna start her matchmaking business. I immediately ran over to the two and hugged Aunty Kim from the side, leaning my head on her shoulder. “It was nice seeing you today, Aunty Kim. I’ll be back when spring’s approaching!” I smiled and gave her a kiss on the cheek. She laughed heartily once again and shooed us out of her store since there were customers coming.

 

“Is she your aunt?” Baekhyun asked. I shook my head without looking up. I wasn’t gonna talk about my relationship with Aunty Kim, because I knew if I did, I’m gonna start crying. I looked down and walked next to Baekhyun sunbae aimlessly. The urge to sing Wind Flower is back, again.

 

Byun Baek Hyun.

 

I continuously snuck glances at Jin Ae. I shouldn’t have asked about her relationship with that ahjumma, right now, she can’t even lift her head. I looked at her side profile where I could see her eyes. There was a tint of sadness in them. I must’ve reminded her about something she didn’t want to think about, probably her parents. I sighed; I didn’t know how to comfort a person. I’m hardly ever around anyone for more than 2 minutes, other than the EXO guys of course.

 

I looked around, hoping to find something that could cheer Jin Ae up. I looked into the stores and all of them were all fashion retails. Damn, why did this girl have to bring me to Dongdaemun? We could’ve stayed at the previous mall but no, she just had to drag me here. I looked into the mirror hanging on the wall and adjusted my snapback and sideburns, but something caught my eye.

 

“Jin Ae,” I whispered, pulling her closer. She finally raised her head and looked at me, “What?” I pretended to be pointing at my reflection in the mirror, asking for her opinion. I told her to look at the girl hiding behind the wall with her head peeking out, staring at us. Jin Ae gasped, realizing who it wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter