015

You Again?! | Love Note I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Im Jin Ae.

 

I wrapped a wool scarf around my neck and put on earmuffs. It was time for a break in school and today’s weather was extra cold, I almost became a block of ice on my way to school. I slipped on my gloves and walked to the backyard, wanting some alone time by myself. Actually, it didn’t really matter in the first place. I was alone and I am alone, there’s no difference whether I was in the cafeteria or the classroom or even the mall. I was alone 24 hours a day, 7 times a week. Even Hyun Ae isn’t with me anymore; she’s gone off to study abroad.

 

“JIN AE!” I spun around to see Jae Hee running towards me. She no longer dressed unusually like the showcase nor popular kids, neither does she have any devilish make up on. I looked at her, brows raised, confused. “Have you heard?” she chirped, clinging onto my arm. I immediately threw her hand away, annoyed. First she’s pure and innocent, and then she becomes one hell of a stuck up girl, and now she’s tryna gain my favour? “What the hell do you want?” I grumbled, folding my arms and tapping my foot impatiently.

 

A pout immediately formed on Jae Hee’s face, her eyes slowly tearing up. Okay, damn. I didn’t just make her cry did I? Geez, I’m a er when it comes to someone crying, I just have to give in no matter how headstrong I am. “Stop it.” I groaned, jumping around. I really didn’t want to give in, but she was bawling her eyes out there. “SHUT UP BAEK JAE HEE!” I hollered, my annoyance level reaching it’s capacity.

 

Her bawls slowly became sobs as she wiped her tears away. Once again, I groaned.

 

“I’m sorry that I said those mean things to you Jin Ae… I just wanted to fit in with the showcase kids. And they said for me to fully become one of them I have to cut off all ties with you, so I foolishly agreed. It was until today that I realized what an idiot I’ve been.” She slowly bent down and dropped on her knees, clasping her hands together as she looked up into my eyes. I figured, hey, she’s on her knees, and I do owe her big time because if it weren’t for her I wouldn’t be studying in such a prestigious school or living in the comfort of an apartment, so why not just forgive and forget? No pain, no gain, right?

 

“Of course I’ll forgive you, Jae Hee. We’re best friends,” I helped her up and she immediately wrapped her arms around my neck, hugging me tight. I smiled as I adjusted my head a little, leaning on her shoulder. She was taller than me, so it was easy for me to lean on her shoulder.

 

We stayed in the warmth of each other’s embrace for about a minute or two and I finally pulled away. “Okay, ew. Too much skinship,” I gagged, showing my disgust for skinship. Jae Hee chuckled at my reaction and immediately linked her arm with mine, pulling me as she led the way to the backyard. “So, as I was saying, have you heard?” we stopped under the big tree, sitting down side by side.

 

“Nope.” I simply answered. I wasn’t someone who listened out for the gossips; I usually knew everything through Jae Hee. Anyway, I’m dense all the time. “Park Yeri and Byun Baekhyun are engaged!” she chirped, clapping her hands and smiling brightly. I immediately sat up straight, eyes widened. “What…?” I asked, in case I heard wrong. This can’t be happening that kid is gay with Chanyeol!

 

“It’s been circulating around school. Yeri unnie originally liked Kris sunbaenim, but she moved on to liking Baekhyun sunbaenim because she likes younger boys.” She explained, with that bright smile still hanging on her face. I nodded, totally not getting the situation. If the kid is gay, why is he marrying someone who is not of the same gender? “Wait, why are they engaged? Does Baekhyun sunbaenim like Park Yeri?”

 

She thought for a while, unsure of what was the basis of the sudden engagement. When she finally came to a conclusion, she opened to speak, “Love of course.” I nodded slowly, absorbing all the information Jae Hee just threw at me. So Baekhyun is not gay, but he’s in love with the witch of the witches? Then that guy is just a freak, I can’t believe I’ve been spending my days and being saved by someone who is too blind to love someone who is perfect for him.

 

“What’s wrong?” Jae Hee asked, probably noticing my sudden change in expression. I shrugged, not wanting to tell her anything.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter