Chapter 80 - Showcase

Youngest of Pieces: Five Years in History (9)

[Girls Power], the first song on the showcase, comes to an end and before Hannah comes to her senses, for a second feeling blank for what will happen next, she just steps to the back of the black stage, being left alone as the dancers and members leaving her but the in-ear counts down for her, the audience cheering for the hot and y performance that just ended. With a deep breath, finally able to breath though she feels a little lost in thought.

Without any instruments, with the fans still cheering over their [Girls Power] performance, Hannah’s vocals are heard in an adlib taken from .

*Oohh ohh*

*Ohhh yeah~*

She adds another one a second later, turning her head a little to the side, this one not as loud but with more wave in it, and right after she takes it from to sing out loudly and clear, her voice just going louder until she finishes it with ‘yeah yeah’

*Ooooh ohhhh~~~ yeah yeahh~*

A single person gives out a shout from the audience, and more follows in low voices, and Hannah glances up to see thanks to the dark stage only lightened up by a soft light on Hannah, she can see the anticipated and curious crowd wondering what is coming next. Glancing down she tries to hold in a nervous smile, starting to sing two words softly while using her powerful voice to sing the rest of the line, repeating it differently for the next line. This is Hannah’s power soul R&B version of [I Want a Man].

*I want a real man oh… yeah, yeah, yeah

I want a, a real man oh

Woo ooh!

I want a- a real man oh…. Yeah, yeah, yeah

A real man oh, ooh yeah*

During her ‘woo ooh’ part a few instruments gives a sound and she can feel the confidence returning to her even if she knows she is the only one in focus on stage. Her voice keeps making these incredible sounds when singing the adlibs, and she starts singing the lyrics while taking a few steps forward to the centre, starting to sing directly to the fans in front of her.

*When he look at me I get that feeling,

When he kisses me it goes through my whole body

I want a real man oh, yeah, yeah

Real man oh, woo

I want a real man oh, yeah, yeah, (real man oh), uh oh*

For the first line she squeezes her eyes out at the audience, scanning through, and a hand touches her hip, knowing exactly how to perform for an audience even if it is a concept she hasn’t done before. For the second line the music starts playing and while Hannah sings it reaches a rhythm, but her favourite is still ‘when he kisses me’ and she puts two fingers by the side of her lip as she will throw away a kiss, but she does it more elegant and the crowd cheers and she starts shaking her body, moving with the instruments and she sings, enjoying her singing and the song and the lyrics and to see the audience, and the background singers lifting up her voice.

*All my friends they keep talking of him, what about him that have caught my eye-ey

What made me feel this deep inside, oh, and I can’t say nothing else than this

From top to toe he is just my style, I want a man and I want no one but you*

*He’s a real man oh, yeah, yeah

Real man oh, woo ooh

He’s a real man oh, yeah, yeah

A real man oh, oh oh*

*Hey! Hey! Hey aah~

He’s the kind of man, I find a perfect match. He got class, he got spark, a man who does all things right

He’s the kind of man who can take on my bright light, yeah*

*(A real man oh) Yeah, yeah, yeah

(Real man oh), wooh ooh

Real man oh, yeah, yeah

A real man, yeeaaah~~

Yeaah~, yeah, yeah, yeah

A real man oh, yeah, yeah

A real man oh, I want*

Her longest adlib receives even more cheers and Hannah just keeps singing with a smile, bouncing at each adlib she does, lightly moving on the stage.

The song ends after about two minutes, and she does the last word with the music suddenly stopping and she gives a final nod as if proving she did really well. As soon as the song ends she smiles, the stage goes dark and she just wants to give a jump, somehow feeling that she now is on the same page as this showcase. She was so confused during [Girls Power], it was the first time performing it and she had to think of so much, worrying so much because she has never danced using chairs before, but for this version she sang herself it was so light though it was difficult for her voice but she managed to make the audience cheer to the playful song that now when stepping back to take the position for the next song, she is suddenly confident again. 5 Pieces all gathers, their dancers too, and they begin to play their hit song from 2010 – [Original].

It sounds so different performing a four year old song with a live band, it sounds better and clearer like it does for every song, but compared to the earlier song it feels like she doesn’t have to think at all of what her body is doing. She knows her parts all too well, she knows when to sing and how to dance, she knows exactly which parts she has before bumped into another member so she touches Julia’s waist when slinking by each other. For this song they smile at the fan chanting, their fans knowing the song just as well as 5 Pieces. To mix old and new songs is beautiful; Hannah has always thought that, because now for the showcase they are able to show their old colours but also new ones, showing how good they were in the past but showing they can become better.

The song comes to an end and everyone hurries off the stage, including the band. The host takes the main spot, starting off the chatting with her own introduction and even applauding with the fans for 5 Pieces’ performance.

Next to the stage, the ladies are in a hurry to change, Hannah smiles with her friends at how loud their audience is, of how well their host is communicating by asking the audience questions and sounding impressed, becoming one with the fans while 5 Pieces are getting dressed around the corner backstage. All of them get dressed in a double thigh-high slit maxi skirt, it has a flowing silhouette and makes their outfits pretty, beside from that tough and y look underneath. Under a minute they get dressed, and by that time they are given their microphones and stands next to the stage waiting to get up, smiling nervously as this will be the first time actually facing their fans – to talk, not sing – in a while.

Though it feels like she can bounce up on the stage in happiness to a cheering audience of fans, she is too busy walking correctly in high heels and a maxi dress that she just smiles and lowers her head in a greeting while walking over to the centre of the stage where chairs have been lined up. Instead of sitting down they stand in front of a chair each, in their usual formation with the audience in front of them, the host on their right side, then from right to left it is Julia, Emelia, Hannah, Carolina and Maria. Carolina is about to sit down but Maria coolly grabs a hold of her arm to keep her standing, the host’s voice is constantly heard, just words being said in Hannah’s ears as she is too busy watching the 2.000 fans that are making her smile. Not until the host asks for a greeting, Hannah starts hearing what she says. She is so happy right now that the smile keeps growing in her face seeing the many fans waving and still cheering at them.

“Pieces of one,” Carolina starts off their greeting and Hannah is fast to put up her microphone to , saying clearly in Korean with her members; “Hello, we are 5 Pieces!”

“Hello, we are Puzzle!”

Hannah gives out a shocked laugh, turning to Emelia with covered at the sudden greeting the audience gives them – imagine 2.000 fans nicely sitting in the audience at an opera theatre call out a greeting, imitating 5 Pieces – and the ladies on stage can’t help but to laugh in shock, the host even looking surprised but the fans just cheers more at the reaction.

“This is why a smaller gathering is unique,” Maria tells them all in her microphone, excitedly pointing to their fans. “We’ve met eyes for a few seconds and I feel like we have shared a lifetime together already. Everyone, I have missed you~”

Though the four ladies next to her are all laughing at Maria’s sudden cuteness saying she has missed their fans, the 2.000 fans are definitely screaming louder. Hannah agrees with their leader though because she can’t stop smiling now when standing on the stage, not performing but just looking out at the bright faces happily looking back at them. She is so excited – 5 Pieces’ comeback!

More screams occurs from the audience when Hannah and Carolina does a heart together to the fans, just because they can.

“Because 5 Pieces is a world famous girl-group…” the host starts saying after taking their seats. Hannah looks down; making sure the maxi skirt is covering her legs – not flaunting her leg like Maria who elegantly crosses one leg over the other. “Could you greet your international fans in different languages too? Could we make it one by one?”

Julia looks at her members; since she is the closest to the host she automatically becomes the first one to say something. She says a few things in Chinese, doing it well and looking at Emelia who does a basic greeting in German, smirking once she has said it because of the applauses she gets from their fans, the host asking first what language it was and how she knows it.

“I studied the language in school,” Emelia proudly answers and even does a small bow as if really taking in the fans’ applauses.

It’s Hannah’s turn, and she knows everyone know what language she will use. When it comes to Hannah and languages within 5 Pieces, it is always Japanese. She says the basics, saying 5 Pieces’ is back with a Korean album, wishing their fans who speak Japanese to watch them well, that she is happy for the comeback and will work hard, and she hopes all fans will enjoy the new album and the promotions coming with it.

Carolina bursts out talking in cute Swedish, doing it cutely just because it is their native language, but she doesn’t really say much interesting it is just funny and the ladies laugh at her.

“Then what should I do?” Maria asks. She opens to say that everyone have used all languages and sayings, but stops herself to make a grimace saying she has come up with something, and with the microphone to she looks at the fans and says in English; “Hello everyone, we are 5 Pieces and our fourth Korean album is being released in a few days, so please look out for it. Our limbs are still shaking from the performances so please be kind in the judgement because we have waited months and months for this day. Look forward to the rest of the showcase, thank you!”

“Woah!” Hannah enthusiastically cheers with the fans at Maria’s English, but a little louder because of the microphone, and she laughs when noticing that she is heard so much louder – the fans love it though, they seem to love everything, just like the ladies.

“Indeed,” the host says and looks from 5 Pieces to the audience, speaking with admiration; “indeed worthy of being a world famous girl-group, don’t you think?”

Hannah cheers quietly with her hand waving in the air as the fans cheers, she can’t stop smiling.

“5 Pieces – congratulations!” the host suddenly says to them, Carolina is fast to ask what it is. “You received two awards at Billboards! Congratulations!”

With the fans knowing what the congratulations is for, they starts cheering and applauding again and the ladies all thanks for it.

“You all looked stunning and gorgeous at the awards, I saw it all,” the host happily compliments. “How did it feel?”

“It felt very strange actually,” Maria answers and she laughs when the fans shouts out what she could mean with that, because the word ‘strange’ is a strange way to explain it. “No, no, it really felt strange because we saw these huge mega stars who actually wanted to shake our hand and say they have heard our music, which is absolutely strange. And a lot of people actually were interested in [Girls Power] and asked us questions about the song. The whole experience was very strange but lovely and memorable.”

“What went through your minds when you won the award?” the host wants to know.

“‘Our fans are the best’,” Carolina is fast to answer and she nods when receiving cheers from their fans. “Though the award show took place in Las Vegas, we got so much support from fans all around the world, which is why we were able to attend and receive the awards, so … thank you.”

She is so obvious of the cameras and the fans, smiling at them and putting the focus on them.

“Okay… But now you have reached the world with your music and style, you are finally – finally – making a comeback with your fourth Korean album … which we today through this showcase will be given a sneak peak upon,” the host is gallantly talking and the ladies are nodding along, “Can one of you explain a little of the album?”

Hannah keeps looking to her right and leans back when Emelia turns to look beyond Hannah at Carolina and Maria, but Maria motions for Emelia to answer so the rapper brings the microphone to her lips to answer the question; “Yes, the album is our fourth Korean album and it is named [Girls Power] after the song we performed first for you all here. The concept behind the album is a mix of old music mixed with burlesque and 5 Pieces, so it is a lot of mixture to create a style suited for both old genres and new genres that is focused on 5 Pieces and our musical growth through the years. As the song and name [Girls Power], we want to put our focus on girls and women with this comeback, to try give confidence, strength and belief to all women out there.”

“It is a very different concept from what we are used to see 5 Pieces in, isn’t it?” the host asks the ladies and the audience.

“Mm, not much the meaning but more of the style,” Maria says, “We have always been outspoken and confident about what our music stands for but for this round we are really trying something different with the style – our clothes, make-up, the choreographies and the way we sing. I am curious to know,” Maria looks at their fans; “Do you like the way we look?”

The whole hall fills out in loud cheers as the audience seems to agree but the funny thing is that all five ladies sitting on the stage really looks at the audience to see their expressions when cheering. Maria smiles happily at the response and in a low voice say;

“That’s good…”

“The concept this time is as said very different, what do 5 Pieces think of the new fashion?”

“I love it,” Maria is fast to say and she leans forward to point at the members. “We got to work with some great people to make the clothes for each stage that each outfit suits the members. It isn’t too much but very different from how we have dressed before, and I think for our fourth album we are giving off a more mature and lady-like concept.”

“At first we were all very doubtful of the new concept,” Julia admits, “But after putting it all together and practicing for it, we find this concept very suited for our name and we hope our fans will really enjoy it with us.”

“Preparing for the comeback, how was the process like? Was it hard to practice and … how was the process?”

Maria is fast to motion for Hannah to say something, as Hannah has forgotten to come out with anything else than ‘mm’ and nodding. Hannah opens and sweeps her eyes over the audience; a smile grows in her face at them cheering for her looking at them.

“The process for this album felt very long,” Hannah starts off and she giggles at the laughter she receives for her first words. “We worked with a lot of different people for this comeback and because the whole concept of the songs and performances were different from before, we put a lot of work and time into getting here. But … we worked with a lot of other things at the same time, so the process probably felt longer than what it was…”

“I heard you work with a lot of foreigners in this album.”

“Ah, yes,” Hannah nods and she smiles when Emelia looks at her, only with her eyes telling Hannah to answer again. “For the performances we got to work with an American choreography team who are really wonderful to work with and they are very precise and challenged us into the better; it has been an honour to work with them and they are very devoted, which is why they are currently backstage preparing notes on what we should do better next time.”

She ends it with a joke and the audience starts to loudly say they were perfect that there is no way they could’ve done it better. Hannah can’t help but to keep looking out over the audience while the others keep chatting a little, and she lifts her hand lightly to wave at a fan who began waving crazily when her eyes went that direction, and Hannah waves to some fans next too because they started to wave as well. She ends up just smiling widely and turning her attention back on the talk about their comeback.

“I see the band is setting up behind us,” the host starts to comment to wrap up the first talk segment, “What song is it you will perform for us now?”

“The next song we will perform is part of the new album,” Julia sweetly says, “It’s called [Thief].”

“Okay, let’s give it up to 5 Pieces and their song [Thief]!” the host cheers and claps her hands with the audience as she walks off the stage, leaving 5 Pieces sitting on their chairs preparing for the band to get ready.

Hannah sees how Carolina corrects her skirt a bit and the ladies all wait for the signal while looking out at their fans with soft smiles.

“Woah…” Maria quietly says in the microphone to fill the silence while waiting to begin, “I’m really happy to have you all here tonight. Please enjoy.”

The ladies have calmed down, and Hannah’s smile grows when the instruments start playing behind them and Emelia begins to move in her seat to the ballad. Back-up singers begins the song, the song Hannah loves but has trouble knowing just where parts are hers. Good for her, they have a cheating box in front of them at the stage, the lyrics written along with who sings them, and they begin singing the song quickly.

*(A thief stole his heart, he believed in her…)

[Carolina] In the story of love they say everything is possible,

 That true love can break the sleeping spell

[+ Julia] Everybody believes, everybody will see, yeah, yeah

[Maria] And even if your heart has been broken so many times before,

 That your hopes were dying, no need to keep trying

[+ Julia] Everybody can be, everybody keep on trying, yeah, yeah

[Hannah] Then she came and held you tight, she opened up another life

 And now you’ll see, if you open your eyes, and suddenly, you’ll realise*

The tone is light for certain parts and Maria must be the only member doing this song lightly. Hannah has no trouble with it, but her face still makes expressions at her part and she can’t help but to move her free hand to the rhythm. It’s a beautifully sung song with the instrument and a lot of voices melting together between the back-up vocalists and 5 Pieces.

[CHORUS, 5 Pieces]

*(A thief) Aaah… (Stole his heart) Stole his heart… (Believe in her)

For all the times you open up your heart, you fell in love

Why do you have to fall back down so hard?

(A thief) Aaah… (Stole his heart) Stole his heart… (Believe in her) [Carolina] Believe in her

There were many chances where you had to prove,

If you really wanted to be loved*

[Maria] *Ooooh

Oh thief (A thief) Aaah… (Stole his heart) Stole his heart… (Believe in her)

After everything that she put you through,

Now you see that you’re in love in a-

[Maria] Thief. She will steal your heart*

Hannah sings the next part seriously; it’s not that light so she can just look out straight to focus on the lyrics to not mess up.

[Hannah] *The stupidity you had to face the crowd,

To have the confidence to not step down

She pushed you up, gave you strength to try, yeah, yeah

[Julia] The faith you needed to think positively,

To have the strength to not break apart

She helped you walk and stayed around

Yeah, she figured you out, said ‘you’ve got this done’*

[Emelia] *Now there’s no way to hide from love, it always finds that little crack

Baby, ooh, she can see you through, this is not the end, for you*

[CHORUS, 5 Pieces]

*(A thief) Aaah… [Emelia] Aaah… (Stole his heart) Stole his heart… [Emelia] She stole his heart! (Believe in her)

For all the times you open up your heart, you fell in love [Maria] Oooh yeah

Why do you have to fall back down so hard? [Maria] Why fall so hard?

(A thief) Aaah… (Stole his heart) Stole his heart… (Believe in her) [Carolina] Believe in her

There were many chances where you had to prove, [Maria] you had to pro-ove

If you really wanted to be loved*

[Maria] *Aaaaah

(A thief) Aaah… (Stole his heart) Stole his heart… (Believe in her)

After everything that she put you through,

Now you see that you’re in love in a thief. She will steal your heart yeah, yeah…*

[Emelia + Carolina] *Baby, will she listen now, can’t she see just what he’s talking about?

Said baby won’t you listen now, can’t you see just what he’s talking about?

[Hannah + Maria] Love went on, and she was wrong, to keep her distance for so long

So afraid, she wouldn’t stay, but he never turned away~

[Carolina + Julia] He’s always right, by her side, he’s forever in her life

Don’t you leave, it’s not the end, for he’s always in her embrace

[Hannah] And now you’ll see, if you open your eyes, and suddenly, you’ll realise~~*

As soon as Hannah’s part begins she moves her hand to keep her voice at the same beat as the music, preparing herself for the high tone that quickly goes up and then stops.

[CHORUS, 5 Pieces]

*(A thief) Aaah… (Stole his heart) Stole his heart… [Carolina] She stole his heart! (Believe in her)

For all the times you open up your heart, you fell in love

Why do you have to fall back down so hard? [Hannah] Oh no, no, no!

([Carolina] A thief) Aaah… (Stole his heart) Stole his heart… (Believe in her)

There were many chances where you had to prove

If you really wanted to be loved*

[Maria] *Yeah, yeah, ah… A thief, she stole his heart~

(Now you see that you’re in love in a thief)*

The moment the song ends, the band begins to play with trumpets and trombone, and dancers come up on the stage while the five ladies stands up on their feet, turns around and walks to the back of the stage. Once the dancers have swept around on the stage in their vintage clothes to remove the chairs 5 Pieces had been sitting on, the spotlights starts to focus on 5 Pieces, the band starts to play a familiar melody and 5 Pieces takes their position as the music for [I Want a Man] starts off.

Their crowd starts cheering, a polite audience but with pure fans it is loud. Hannah and Carolina are ready for their adlib, and Hannah starts it off in her rising vocal to have Carolina finish it off where Hannah stops. It’s hilarious when 5 Pieces looks out at their fans and see them moving along to the funky rhythm, and this is a song that 5 Pieces know how to perform cheerfully. They know the song so well that they can smile and enjoy the performance, their fans doing a fan-chant along to it.

[I Want a Man] comes to an end and with 5 Pieces going backstage to change clothes, a video is prepared to play for the fans.

A video remix <6 years of history, awards and achievements> with videos of 5 Pieces’ first time receiving awards, deep words they have said, their hard work and their excitement when doing their cheer backstage before going up on stage for their concert. The video includes the recent awards at Billboards and the ladies crying receiving an award at another show, 5 Pieces’ hard work throughout the years. The video is long enough for 5 Pieces to change clothes, and the video ends with clips of 5 Pieces performing [Daze], mostly on Billboard, and also clips from when they had been making the music video, and when the video ends, purple spotlights are shimmering back and forth like at a club, and then goes black before the music begins to play.

With smoke on the stage, 5 Pieces appear on a lift at the centre, starting to perform [Daze] with the fans chanting along.

Performing like this is like at Osaka, it is comfortable with your own fans, and to have them sing along gives you strength to really look energetic.

After performing [Daze], Carolina gets to show off her blues version of their new song [Time Pass] (her teaser video for the comeback) and they have their second talk where they talk about each track in the album, giving off teases of each song. Maria and Carolina performs their beautiful ballad duet from the album called [Run, My Love], Julia performs her jazz version of [I’m Over You] – from their previous single – followed by all members joining in to sing the actual song.

Then 5 Pieces head backstage to prepare for the last song, and the screen reveals the making of their music video. The fans seem to love them, keep making noises as 5 Pieces introduce them to the location in France they were at, how absolutely stunning 5 Pieces look in the making-of. Within a few minutes, the video ends, but another begins; the drama teaser. It looks like the teaser for a movie, excitedly teases of the song [POWER UP] and showing different clips used from the charismatic and y mysterious [Girls Power] filming and Hannah fighting with her “boyfriend”. By the short teaser, the stage goes dark and the audience is for once quiet – expectations, to see the main track that hasn’t been released yet.

[INTRO VOCAL, Maria] *Somewhere walking down the street tonight

There is a girl! You can’t deny

Come on and give it a try

Let’s see if you caaaaaaan

Keep these ladies down…*

Maria’s voice is heard out of nowhere, her live singing is flawless and a low light lets the audience see Maria sitting on a bar counter, suited for the stage just about two meter’s long. Her long legs lying out on the bar counter, Maria sings out the second line, leaning her head back and she wavers her voice for the second part of the line before smiling out at the audience to sing the third line, slowly sitting up to charmingly sing the fourth line and her voice drops lower for the last line as she points down – she sounds like she is challenging.

A few instruments begins to play before the drums joins in and Maria throws her head back, gliding around to sit while facing the front and while the music plays the ladies make their appearance. Emelia and Julia along with female dancers, and the ladies are wearing sequin fringe dresses in gold; their legs look long and beautiful in sheer stockings and gorgeous pumps matching the outfit, bare shoulders with the dress tight and fitting around their s and hip until the fringe starts to hang down their waists. With the band playing the music and all the golden dressed ladies entering the stage with light feet, flying forward; Emelia and Julia begins to sing to the music, really fast, almost like rapping, hitting their hip left to right.

[Emelia + Julia] *We go to the club looking for a good time

Gonna take that, shake that

Come here to dance

You can try to follow me, work it just fine

Oh up on the table,

She’ll be dancing all night*

[Carolina] *Ye-e-e-yeyeah!*

The second after their part ends, Carolina steps up on a table on the side and starts off like a diva taking her position on the table with dancers below her, all the members dancing at the centre. Carolina smiles doing her part on the table, having two male dancers on each side of the table moving along to the beat;

*The ladies just come to life

Under the spotlights

All the girls gonna fall in line*

[Hannah + Maria] *She say!

[Carolina] Ye-e-e-eh!

Here comes the ladies, gonna show who’s on the top

[Carolina] He-e-e-ey!!

Here comes the boys, wanna show a little more*

Hannah and Maria get a few seconds of the focus during their two words, dancing at the centre with the others before Carolina sings out ‘ye-e-e-eh!’ in a high tone and everyone throws a hand up in the air, the other hand on their hip to move along to her voice. When the others sing, Carolina gets help from the two male dancers to jump down from the table. She accidentally grabs on to Wan Fu’s hand so tight that her nails must’ve scratched him, but she comes down on her pair of heels softly and does the second ‘he-e-e-ey!!’ a little lighter and higher while walking to the centre to take a pose for when the members sings their part, and the chorus can begin with everyone on the stage dancing with wide movements, singing loudly together for the first part and then lower for the (…) part.

[Hannah + Emelia + Julia] *Power up, get it up ([Maria + Carolina] this is just a test)

Power up, give it up (there is no time to rest)

Power up, give it up (just give me your best)

So put your hands up, gonna show you who is on top!*

[Maria + Carolina] *Power up, get it up ([Hannah + Emelia + Julia] this is just a test)

Power up, get it up (there is no time to rest)

Power up, get it up (just give me your best)

So put your hands up, gonna show you who is on top!*

The ladies give a slap on their own hip when turning around as the chorus ends and with light feet moving positions while the music plays, a group of girls gathering at the back (female dancers with the ladies dancing, Emelia is at the centre) to step forward with style as Emelia begins her feminine rap, still having her dark voice;

*A little bit of this, a little bit of that

Ladies are a whole lot of hot, glam, daze, spice, sweet candy, all that

Just power, power up, up, give a little hu-hu

Oh up on the table,

She’ll be dancing all night*

[Hannah] *Ye-e-e-yeyeah!*

The audience cheers as Hannah all of a sudden had sneaked over to the table on the side where Carolina had been, but Hannah is standing next to it with a hand on the table ands he leans towards the table while gathering the female dancers around her, doing the same part Carolina started off the song with, but in her own way, not the same diva style.

*Everybody just comes alive

Lighten up my spotlight!

All the boys wanna fall behind*

[Julia + Maria] *She say!

[Hannah] Ye-e-e-eh!

Here comes the ladies, gonna show who’s on top

[Hannah] He-e-e-ey!

Here comes the boys, wanna show a little more*

It is all about Hannah for that part, surrounded by the female dancers who squat down or bend forward to really make her be in the middle of them, even when Julia and Maria does their part they all just gather around Hannah so when she the second time does her ‘he-e-e-ey’ they all put a hand on their hip and the other in the air to move along before they does some movements singing all together and the male dancers make their entrance to join in with the female dancers, and the chorus greatly begins brightly with big movements from the dancers and the ladies doing their best while singing live.

[Maria + Carolina] *Power up, get it up ([Hannah + Emelia + Julia] this is just a test)

Power up, get it up (there is no time to rest)

Power up, get it up (just give me your best)

So put your hands up, gonna show you who is on top!*

[Hannah + Emelia + Julia] *Power up, get it up ([Maria + Carolina] this is just a test)

Power up, give it up (there is no time to rest)

Power up, give it up (just give me your best)

So put your hands up, gonna show you who is on top!*

Everyone stops to snap their fingers (male dancers hidden in the back to only let the pretty ladies and dancers surround in a formation), snapping with sassy poses. Maria at the centre begins to say in English while everyone keeps snapping their fingers, the number one sassy girl says;

[Maria] *OKAY LADIES… LET’S SHOW THEM WHAT WE GOT

IT AIN’T OVER ‘TIL WE SAY, AND WE’VE ONLY JUST BEGUN

I WANNA HEAR YOU SAY!

Ye-e-e-ey!*

The crowd cheers at the pause in singing after Maria’s high note and while Maria did her high note the others shift positions, the music repeats the melody of her note for them all to do a hip-dance, Carolina takes on the centre for her own high note;

*Say ye-e-e-eh-yeeey!*

[Hannah] *Say ye-e-e-eeeh!*

Male dancers joined Carolina to dance around her during the music part after her high note and Hannah then does her own high note with a little uniqueness at the end and with the drums playing quickly for her music part she leans forward while shaking her head and everyone moves quickly around her so when Hannah throws her head up she is fast to bend to the side with a hand following down her leg as Maria in her highest tone sings out next to her;

*Say yeeeeayeya!*

And the band blasts on with the chorus, and the audience seems to know it is the finale as they are loudly cheering along to the stage filled with dancers surrounding 5 Pieces all dancing widely, shaking their butts and having a slightly different choreography for this last chorus.

[Hannah + Emelia + Julia] *Power up, get it up ([Maria + Carolina] this is just a test)

Power up, give it up (there is no time to rest)

Power up, give it up (just give me your best)

So put your hands up, gonna show you who is on top!*

[Maria + Carolina] *Power up, get it up ([Hannah + Emelia + Julia] this is just a test)

Power up, get it up (there is no time to rest)

Power up, get it up (just give me your best)

So put your hands up, gonna show you who is on top!*

And the song ends with a final pose with all the dancers around the centre where 5 Pieces give their own pose. Maria in the middle throws her hand up in the air and her head back too and glitter shoots up from cannons at the front of the stage, making the audience shout out wildly, standing up and screaming.

Hannah laughs happily, her whole body shaking and the ladies are smiling widely out at the audience, out of breath and shining as their dancers steps back to stand along the stage, giving 5 Pieces the front.

“Did you have fun?” Maria asks out to their audience and she laughs when the audience just shouts even louder.

“Thank you so much,” Hannah thanks their fans, laughing because she is so out of breath.

“Today, we have opened up our comeback with this showcase,” Maria starts to say while catching her breath, sounding like the leader she is; “As we said earlier we have worked really hard on this comeback and we hope you can see many of our different colours through this showcase and when listening through our album that is released next week on May 27. Even after six years performing we are constantly star-struck by the beauty of our fans. Thank you and thank you again for coming to our first showcase in a long time. We will continue to work our hardest with our fourth album release so please look forward to a lot of activities together. 5 Pieces loves you!”

“We have prepared a lot more for you guys to see this year, please show just as much support to us as you have done today, it has been an honour to perform for you all!” Carolina quickly cheers too.

“As 5 Pieces, we will continue to work hard and do our best by doing the things we love,” Emelia says, “and we couldn’t have done this showcase or prepared for this comeback and album without the help of our amazing crew – our dancers and the band who share the stage with us.”

The ladies turn around to applaud their crew, and they thank the choreographers who gets to come up on the stage too to receive an applaud.

“And most of all…” Julia smiles out at their fans, “None of this would’ve been possible without you: all of our fans. Thank you so much and please continue to love and support 5 Pieces for our fourth album and look forward to the music video release!”

“Thank you for coming here tonight!” Carolina cheers. “We’ll see each other a lot during these promotions, okay?”

“Promise!” Maria happily calls out and laughs when the audience loudly agrees. “Pieces of one-”

“We are 5 Pieces, thank you!” the group says in choir and bows down with the band and dancers behind them joining in the bow, and the audience are heard screaming and cheering and shouting.

The ladies continue to wave and bow when heading off the stage and Hannah hasn’t even gotten off the stage until she starts laughing and bouncing to one of the female dancers. They have done it! Their showcase is completed, they have actually pulled it through, showing their new songs and concept and style and performances…

“Can you believe it?!” Maria almost roars in Hannah’s ear when grabbing on to the youngest from behind, laughing while walking backstage. Hannah whines while being shaken and she laughs in agreement.

Going to their room is crazy. They are applauding everyone they meet, thanking the staff for their hard work and constantly exchanges compliments and words with each other and their dancers, and their choreographers joins them right outside the dressing-room to congratulate them for doing well. Entering their dressing-room, their managers and stylists are applauding 5 Pieces and the ladies starts applauding too because this is something they have done together. For ten minutes it is cheering and calming down, and then it is twenty minutes taking pictures – 5 Pieces take pictures, 5 Pieces and their dancers, 5 Pieces, dancers and choreographers, 5 Pieces with some celebrities who had come to watch, 5 Pieces and Kyung Ho, even Myung’s family has been invited to the showcase and takes a picture with the ladies, with Myung’s brother sitting in a wheelchair… Endless of pictures where they just can’t stop smiling!

“It couldn’t be better than this,” Hannah cheers and jumps with Carolina, laughing happily.

All worries are really washed away now. Their first step, their first time performing the new songs on stage have gone hundred times better than they feared, and even their dancers have to question if 5 Pieces had any hope at all that this was going to go well.

“Oh, ladies!” one of the male dancers starts calling out seeing the two ladies coming down the corridor.

“Hello, hello!” Hannah brightly greets him and happily dances when he out of nowhere began dancing to her greeting. They are all in such great moods, it’s terrific. Their comeback songs are cheerful, something they rarely have, and the ladies can’t help but to have their hearts up facing the sun now when they have finished such a great showcase. Coming over to the dancer’s dressing-room, Hannah suddenly points at Wan Fu. “Did I hurt you before?”

He smiles at the others questioning face-expression and he shows his hand to let her see it actually became a tiny little scratch.

“Oh my god!” Hannah whines and starts apologizing, though everyone laughs because it is such a tiny scratch. Seriously, when you dance it is a basic thing to get bruises, even Wan Fu tells Hannah that but she pouts and says; “But still…”

“You two,” Manager Lee pops his head by the door and points at Carolina and Hannah. “It’s time to change.”

Hannah and Carolina dramatically bends their knees to make a simple curtsy, and the dancers in the room imitate them back.

“Thanks for today, guys,” Carolina claps her hands to the dancers.

“Yeah, see you ladies at practice tomorrow!” one of the dancers jokes back and laughs when the ladies leave.

The two ladies walk with their arms linked, singing [POWER UP] and moving their hips out of synch so they just laugh. They are cheerful and can’t wait for next week to come when they can show this to everyone else, as this showcase was mostly just for the fans present and for media to get a tease for what will come.

Rounding the corner to reach their dressing-room, Hannah abruptly stops her steps. It’s like a switch controlling her and the laughter and smile that was shining through her whole body disappears in a flash by the person she sees in front of her, a ghost, a person she thought she would ever see again, and Hannah for a second thinks she has gone absolutely insane for seeing this person there.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

X. devonalias