XXIX

Stay Close, Don't Go

Suzy woke up alone on her bed. She got up and checked the living room and the guest bedroom to see if Sehun stayed the night but found out that she’s alone on her apartment.

She only remembers the two of them crying their heart out and doesn’t remember how she got to her bed.

She walked towards the kitchen and saw a note on the table.

                You fell asleep because of exhaustion. I carried you to your bed and left right after. –Sehun

She took out her phone and dialled a number.

 

Sehun woke up from the sound of his phone ringing. Without looking at the caller he answered.

“Hello?” Sehun sleepily said.

“Sehun ah.” He heard the girl say.

“You just woke up?” Sehun asked the girl.

“Yes.” The girl replied.

Sehun didn’t say anything and just listened to her breathing. They stayed like that for a few minutes, listening to each other’s breathing in a comfortable silence.

But after a while, Sehun asked, “Are we okay?”

The girl didn’t answer right away.

Sehun waited for a few seconds before he heard a soft whisper saying, “Yes.”

Sehun smiled and asked, “Friends?”

“Best friends.” The girl said before hanging up.

“Can’t it be more than friends, Suzy ya?” Sehun asked.

 

Myungsoo arrived to school early and decided to go to the rooftop since the auditorium is still being used by the other students.

He lied down on the concrete floor and looked at the sky.

I’m scared, Suzy ya. Myungsoo thought to himself.

He heard the rooftop door open.

“What are you doing up here alone?” Sunggyu asked as he walked towards him.

“Thinking.” Myungsoo answered.

“Did something happen?” Sunggyu asked.

“I don’t know yet. Maybe.” Myungsoo told him.

“What do you mean?” Sunggyu asked, confused.

Myungsoo didn’t say anything and closed his eyes.

He heard Sunggyu’s phone ring.

“I’m going to meet Hyuna. Don’t stay here alone. It looks lonely.” Sunggyu said before walking away.

 

Suzy just arrived to school and bump into Sunggyu.

“Oh, Suzy, good morning.” Sunggyu greeted.

“Good morning to you too, Oppa. Have you seen Myungsoo Oppa?” Suzy asked.

“He’s in the rooftop.” Sunggyu said.

“Thank you.” Suzy said and was about to walk away but Sunggyu’s words stopped her. “Don’t hurt him, Suzy.”

She was about to ask what he meant but Sunggyu already walked away.

 

Sehun just arrived to school and saw Suzy walking towards the rooftop, he smiled and followed her.

 

Suzy opened the door to the rooftop and saw Myungsoo lying on the floor with his eyes closed.

She smiled and walked quietly towards him.

She sat beside him and said, “Oppa, what are you doing up here?”

“I’m thinking.” Myungsoo replied without opening his eyes.

“About what?” Suzy asked and looked at his face.

“About a lot of things.” Myungsoo said and opened his eyes to look at the sky.

Suzy didn’t say anything and just stared at him.

After a while, Suzy broke the silence and said, “Oppa.”

“Hm?” Myungsoo asked while still looking at the sky.

“Do you remember the day you asked me about Sehun ah?” Suzy asked.

Myungsoo nodded.

“Remember when I said he used to be a friend but not anymore?” Suzy asked again.

“Yeah.” Myungsoo answered and looked at her.

“I want to start over and try to be friends with him again.” Suzy stated with a smile.

Myungsoo froze.

“In the past, we drifted apart because of an unfortunate event but after talking to him and clearing things between us, I want my old friend back.” Suzy happily told him.

Myungsoo saw how happy Suzy is. He gave her a force smile and said, “Is that so? Good for you then.”

Suzy smiled at him.

Myungsoo’s phone started ringing and he looked at who it is before answering.

“What’s up?” Myungsoo asked the caller.

 

Suzy looked at Myungsoo while talking to the caller, when he was done, she asked. “Is something wrong?”

“Ani. I just have to go meet the others.” Myungsoo told her and stood up.

“Are you not going down yet?” Myungsoo asked her.

Suzy gave him a smile and said, “I’ll stay here for a few minutes. The air feels nice.”

Myungsoo nodded and walked towards the door.

He saw Sehun standing at the other side through the glass door.

Myungsoo looked straight at him and before looking back at Suzy who was staring up at the sky and asked, “Am I still the closest to your heart, Princess?”

Suzy, without seeing the man on the other side of the door, gave Myungsoo a warm smile and said, “Of course, Oppa.”

Myungsoo smiled back at her before opening the door and walked past the frozen Sehun.

 

 Myungsoo saw Sungyeol leaning on his locker and approached him.

“Did I disturb you and Suzy?” Sungyeol asked.

“Ani. You just saved me.” Myungsoo said as he took his bag from his locker.

“What do you mean?” Sungyeol asked.

“Nothing. Let’s go. The others are waiting.” Myungsoo said and walked towards the exit.

 

Suzy walked towards her locker and saw Sehun standing there holding 2 yogurt milk.

Suzy approached him and asked, “Do you need something?”

“Do I just come to you when I need something?” Sehun asked back and gave her the bottle.

Suzy smiled and took it.

“Do you have something to do after school?” Sehun asked as he took the books she was carrying.

“Ani. Why?” Suzy asked.

“Want to go study together?” Sehun asked.

“Sure. Since exams are soon.” Suzy told him.

Sehun smiled and walked her towards her class.

 

Suzy entered her classroom and saw that Myungsoo isn’t there.

She took out her phone and asked him where he was.

The class ended with Myungsoo not showing up.

 

The bell for the lunch break started ringing and the students ran out of the classroom.

Sehun saw Suzy walking towards the cafeteria and was about to run towards her but he stopped on his tracks upon seeing Myungsoo.

 

“Oppa!” Suzy cheery said upon seeing Myungsoo walk towards her.

“Where were you during first period?” Suzy asked with a pout.

 “You just saw me in the morning and you already missed me that much, Princess?” Myungsoo teased and pinched her cheeks.

Suzy blushed and lowered her head.

Myungsoo chuckled and ruffled her hair.

“Want to go eat outside?” Myungsoo asked.

“What about the next class?” Suzy asked him.

“Teacher Key is absent so we have study period after lunch.” Myungsoo explained.

“Let’s go?” Myungsoo asked and offered his hand.

Suzy happily nodded and took his hand.

They walked towards the parking lot with their hands intertwined.

Sehun watched as Suzy happily held Myungsoo’s hand.

 

Myungsoo and Suzy arrived at the restaurant.

While they where waiting, Myungsoo took out some papers from his bag and started folding paper cranes.

"It's almost your birthday." Myungsoo pointed out.

Suzy nodded and said, "Oppa."

"Hm?" Myungsoo asked and looked at her.

"Can you be my during my birthay party?" Suzy shyly asked.

Myungsoo smiled and said, "I'll be honored, Princess."

Suzy smiled back at him.

There order came and the two started eating.

When they finished, Myungsoo ordered 2 cupcakes for dessert.

Suzy got the strawberry flavoured one while Myungsoo got the vanilla flavoured.

Suzy picked up her cupcake and took a bite.

Myungsoo watched her and asked, "Is it good?"

Suzy happily nodded and continued eating.

She was about to eat the last piece when Myungsoo suddenly leaned in and took a bite.

Suzy was surprised and felt their lips touched for a second.

"It's sweet." Myungsoo said as he sat back to his chair.

Suzy turned bright red and Myungsoo chuckled.

 

Sehun skipped lunch and went to practice at the studio.

He was taking a break when Luhan came in.

"When are you planning to make a move?" Luhan asked as he sat down beside him.

"Soon." Sehun told him.

 

Suzy was spacing out while putting 50 more paper cranes inside her bottle.

They got back to school a few minutes ago and Myungsoo went to look for Sunggyu and the others

"Suzy ya." Sehun called.

Suzy looked at him and Sehun noticed that she's spacing out.

He also noticed an eyelash stuck near her lips and said, "Your lips.."

Sehun wasn't able to finish what he was going to say because Suzy covered her lips and started blushing.

"Did something happen?" Sehun asked.

Suzy shaked her head.

Sehun was going to ask more but the bell for 4th period started ringing. 

"I'm going now, I'll see you after class." Suzy told him and walked away while still blushing.

Sehun watched her and thought, Did something happened between them during lunch?