XXVIII

Stay Close, Don't Go

Suzy just got home and heard her phone ring.

She looked at the caller and answered it.

"Myungsoo Oppa." Suzy said.

“Are you alright?” Myungsoo asked from the other end of the call. 

“I am, Oppa.” Suzy assured him.

“You didn't look alright during class.” Myungsoo pointed out.

“I’m really alright, Oppa.” Suzy told him.

“Okay.” Myungsoo replied.

“Oppa..” Suzy said.

"Hm?" Myungsoo asked.

"Can you do me a favour?" Suzy asked.

“I’ll do anything for you, Princess.” Myungsoo told her.

Suzy smiled and asked, “Then can you sing for me?”


The line went silent but after a few seconds, Myungsoo asked, “What song?”

“I temporarily live by your side.” Suzy replied.

The line went quiet again but this time Suzy heard the sound of a guitar and after a while, she heard Myungsoo’s voice singing along to the tune.

She listened until the last note.

 

Suzy just finished having dinner when she noticed that it started raining outside. She was about to go to bed when she heard the doorbell ring.

She looked at who it is and saw Sehun standing there dripping wet from the rain.

She walked back to her room and sent him a message.

Leave.

After a few minutes, she looked outside and saw Sehun still standing there.

Might as well finish this. Suzy thought to herself.

She walked to her bathroom and took some towels.

She opened the door without saying anything and Sehun stepped in.

She gave him the towels and Sehun started drying himself.

“There are dry clothes in the washroom.” Suzy stated.

Sehun nodded and walked towards the washroom.

As Sehun was changing, she made some tea for him and placed it at the coffee table.

Sehun walked out of the washroom and saw Suzy sitting on the couch in the living room. He sat a few inches away from her.

“Say what you want to say and then you have to leave.” Suzy told him.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry I didn’t come on time, today and during that time.” Sehun started saying.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t stop them. I’m sorry I didn’t come to you first.” Sehun continued.

Suzy remembered that time. She remembered it all too well.

“Sehun ah! Where are you? I’m already here! You’re the one who wanted to meet here!” The 15 year old Suzy said while talking to Sehun on the phone.

                “I’m coming! Just wait for a few minutes.” Sehun said from the other line.

The two of them promised to meet it each other at the park near Suzy’s house because Sehun wanted to say something to Suzy.

                Suzy remebered sitting on the swing while watching the night sky.

                She heard low voices coming from the other direction but didn’t see anything.

                She looked around and noticed how empty the park is.

                She got anxious and called Sehun, “Sehun ah!”

“Suzy ya, just wait for a few more minutes. Naeun called me and I think something happened to her! I’m just going to check on her and then I’ll come see you.” Sehun said and hanged up.

Suzy tried to wait for a few more minutes but heard the voices again and decided to walk for Sehun near the convenience store. As she got closer to the park entrance, 3 guys blocked her way. She couldn’t see their faces.

“Oh, what does a pretty girl like you doing in a place like this alone?” The one wearing a red shirt said.

                “Are you lost little girl?” The other one said while the third one chuckled.

Suzy didn’t say anything and tried to walk passed them but the one wearing a red shirt grabbed her arms.

               She was about to scream but the second one covered .

               Suzy tried to fight them off but they were too strong for her.

               They dragged her to a secluded alley and hit her with something on the head.

               She lost consciousness and when she woke up, she was half .

 

Suzy shivered from the memory.

“If I only came on time during that time, that wouldn’t have happened and you wouldn’t have pushed me away.” Suzy heard Sehun say.

She froze and looked at him.

“Pushed you away? I pushed you away!? You’re the one who pushed me away!” Suzy said in disbelief.

 “Do you know how it felt!? Looking at you and seeing how you look at me as if I’m damaged!” Suzy angrily said.

“Do you know what’s worse!? You kept blaming yourself for what happened when I never even blamed you for it! Even when you left me and chose to stay here in Korea with Naeun while I was sent to New Zealand! I never blamed you and tried to understand you!” Suzy tearfully added and broke down.

Sehun walked towards her and hugged her tightly. “I was there. I was there at the airport when you were about to leave. I was there but I was too scared to show myself to you. I thought you blamed me for what happened. I was scared you’ll hate me.”

“I should have never doubted you. I’m sorry Suzy ah. I’m sorry for not being there when you needed me.” Sehun tearfully said.

Suzy started hitting Sehun’s chest and sobbingly said, “You abandoned me. You abandoned me like my parents. You abandoned me and for 3 years I never heard anything from you! What do you want from me now!?”

“I’m sorry, Suji ya. I’m sorry.” Sehun repeatedly said and hugged Suzy more tightly.

The two stayed like that, hugging each other and crying in each other’s arms while the rain continues to pour outside.

 

Myungsoo was just sitting inside his car while staring at Suzy's apartment.

He had been sitting there ever since Suzy opened her door to let Sehun in.

He was just sitting there and thinking of what might be happening inside.

Are they fighting or have they reconciled? Myungsoo asked himself. 

He sat there for a few more minutes before driving away.