XVII

Stay Close, Don't Go

Suzy’s mom and dad and Sehun’s dad where waiting for them at the dining table. Suzy sat beside her mother and Sehun sat beside his dad.

Suzy and Sehun didn’t pay much attention as their parents started talking about business.

“It’s been quite a while since we did this.” Mr. Bae said.

“It has. I had been staying a lot in Japan since Sehun already wanted to have his own place.” Mr. Oh pointed out.

“Suzy as well. They are growing up so fast.” Mrs. Bae uttered.

 “They were just 12 years old back then and yet now they’ll be adults soon.” Mr. Oh said.

“That’s true.” Mr. Bae replied.

“How are you, Suzy? I haven’t seen you for a while now. How was New Zealand?” Mr. Oh asked Suzy after a while.

“I’m alright. Thank you for asking. New Zealand was alright.” Suzy said and gave the latter a small smile.

“That’s good.” Mr. Oh replied.

“I guess we should tell them the good news now.” Mr. Bae said.

“Yes, yes.” Mrs. Bae said as she claps her hands.

“Do you remember when you two where 14? We were having dinner and you two said that you wanted to get married to each other?” Mr. Oh said.

Suzy froze and didn’t say anything as well as Sehun.

“Well, we thought that maybe it was time to make it official since you two are adults now and are going to Stanford after graduation together anyways.” Mr. Bae said.

Suzy looked at his father to make sure he wasn’t joking.

“It will also be good for both of the company.” Mrs. Bae added.

“That’s true.” Mr. Oh uttered and gave the lady a smile.

Sehun cleared his throat and said, “I don’t think that that’s a good idea right now.”

“What do you mean?” Mr. Bae asked, confused.

Mr. Oh gave Sehun a look that clearly say shut your mouth.

Suzy saw it and decided to say something, “What Sehun is saying is that we were kids when we said that. We didn’t know what we were saying.”

Mrs. Bae was flabbergasted.

“Also, I have someone special in my life right now and I don’t think it will be a good idea to get engage when I have someone like that in my life.” Suzy added.

The elders froze. Sehun looked at Suzy and thought Do you like him that much?

“We’re adults now, I think it’s best for the both of us to choose who we want to be with.” Suzy continued.

Mrs. Bae recovered first and glared at her daughter.

“I think we should talk about this first. You two can leave now.” Mr. Bae ordered.

Suzy and Sehun stood up and walked out of the dining room.

 

Sehun drove Suzy back home.

“That was something.” Sehun said to break the silence.

“Yeah.” Suzy said silently as she watched the scenery outside.

Sehun wanted to ask Suzy if she likes Myungsoo that much but instead asked, “What happened to Berkelee?”

“What happened to Julliard?” Suzy asked back.

“We promised back then that we’ll stand on the same stage.” Sehun pointed out.

“I can’t do that anymore.” Suzy told him.

“Why? You were never the type to follow your parents.” Sehun asked.

Suzy froze and after a while, said. “Stop pretending you don’t know why.”

Sehun suddenly stopped the car, looked at Suzy with pained eyes and said. “Then tell me why you keep pushing me away.”

Suzy looked at him with a sad smile and said. “You wouldn’t want me to do that.”

Suzy got out of the car and grabbed a taxi.

Sehun just watched her walk away.

 

Hello!

Another short update. I'll update again this Sunday. :)

Did you guys watch Heirs?

Kim Woobin is going to be my husband someday. LOL

Take care everyone. Comment on what you thin about this development.

I actually don't like it that much but oh well. :)

Byeeee <3

Ki