XXV

Stay Close, Don't Go

It was already Friday. Suzy looked out the window of her car and saw that the trees had already changed colors which mean it is already autumn season.

“Can you stop the car at the side?” She asked the driver.

“Yes Miss.” The driver said.

When the car stopped, Suzy gathered her stuff and said, “I’ll walk to school from here. You can go back. Thank you for driving me.”

The car drove away and Suzy looked at the clear sky and thought,

Are you back?

 

Sehun was driving by when he saw Suzy standing at the sidewalk while looking at the sky.

“Hyung, I’ll get off from here.” Sehun told his driver.

He got out a couple of meters away and watched Suzy.

When she started walking, Sehun followed behind.

He walked closer to her and heard her say.

“What should I eat later?”

Sehun smiled.

The old Suzy is still there somewhere. Sehun thought to himself.

Suzy watched the other people around her interact with one another while she was walking to school.  She spotted an old couple happily feeding each other with carp bread.

She stopped and watched the two with a smile on her face.

Sehun stopped walking when Suzy did and looked at the direction she was looking out. He saw her watching an old couple eating carp bread with a smile on her face.

Suzy watched them for a while and then continued walking.

A guy bumped him and Suzy was about to say something but was surprised when the guy faced him.

Sehun smiled at her and came closer. “Here.” Sehun said and gave her carp bread.

“Thanks. Why are you here?” Suzy asked as they started walking.

“I’ve been following you since a while ago.” Sehun told her as he took a bite.

“Oh? I didn’t notice.” Suzy told him and started eating.

“It’s good, right?” Sehun asked her.

Suzy nodded and they walked silently while eating the bread.

After a while, Sehun broke the silence and asked, “Why where you looking at the old couple?”

“It’s because their love is beautiful.” Suzy told him.

“How so?” Sehun asked.

“Because even after all this years, they are still together.” Suzy explained.

“I still don’t get it.” Sehun honestly said.

Suzy smiled at him and said, “It’s because you’ve never experienced it, a love that is beautiful.” Suzy continued walking but Sehun stopped.

Suzy looked back and said, “Let’s go.”

I did. You’re the proof of that. Sehun thought and followed after Suzy.

 

Suzy arrived at her class to see if Myungsoo is back but the room is empty.

She sat down at her seat, deflated, and waited for the class to end.

 

Suzy looked for Sunggyu and the others but she couldn’t find them. She took out her phone and sent Myungsoo a message.

Are you back?

 

She was about to go to the library but saw Sehun coming out of the gym with a towel pressed on his lips.

Suzy followed him and saw him enter the infirmary. She was going to go back but then remembered that the nurse is absent.

She walked in.

“What happened?” Suzy asked,

“Oh, hey. I didn’t see the ball at it hit me right on the lips.” Sehun explained as he clumsily cleaned his bleeding lip.

Suzy came closer and took the cotton from him. She started cleaning it gently.

Sehun winced.

“Does it hurt?” Suzy asked.

“Yeah.” Sehun replied.

Suzy smiled and said, “You’re still a crybaby.”

“Am not.” Sehun replied.

“Are too.” Suzy countered.

The two of them laughed.

 

Myungsoo heard Suzy’s voice from outside the infirmary. He looked inside and saw Suzy helping Sehun clean his wound.

He saw Suzy laugh and his chest tightened.

I guess he can make you laugh as well. He thought and walked away.

 

Suzy and Sehun arrived to the classroom and Suzy noticed that Myungsoo or the others are not around.

She checked her phone and saw that Myungsoo still hasn’t replied yet.

She and Sehun spent the entire class planning for tomorrow’s assignment.

 

When class ended, she walked towards her locker and saw 50 paper cranes inside and a small box. Inside the box was a crown charm. Suzy picked the charm and attached it to her bracelet.

She looked at it and smiled.

She took out her phone and took a picture of herself with the bracelet. (*oh the irony*)

She sent it to Myungsoo with the caption I love it.

Myungsoo was about to drive away from school when his phone beeped. Myungsoo opened the message, saw the picture and smiled.

 

 

If you guys saw the pictures of the girl.

You'll get the meaning of the inserted comment above.

LOL bitter much? joke.

Have fun reading everybody.

Comment once in a while.