XVI

Stay Close, Don't Go

Suzy walked towards Home economics class. She saw Hyuna preparing the ingredients. Suzy approached her.

“You’re Sunggyu Oppa’s girlfriend right?” Suzy asked her.

Hyuna was surprised and answered. “Yes.”

 “Are you going to give him some cupcakes?” Suzy asked.

“Yes. Are you giving Myungsoo-ssi some?” Hyuna asked her.

“Yes and the others too.” Suzy replied.

“Can I help you out?” Hyuna nervously asked.

“Sure.” Suzy said and gave her a smile.

They finished early so the teacher allowed them to deliver the cupcakes. Suzy took one cupcake and placed it at her desk. The two of them carried the other ones towards the rooftop where Myungsoo and the others are hanging out.

When they got there, the others started acting like kids. Suzy and Hyuna gave the others one each.

Hyuna walked towards Sunggyu and she gave his share.

Suzy watched the two interact and after a while, she walked towards Myungsoo who was leaning on the rails and said, “Here.”

“Thanks.” Myungsoo said and smiled at her. 

Suzy looked at him and anxiously asked, "Is it okay?"

Myungsoo took a bite and teasingly said, "It's too sweet."

Suzy was about to take the cupcake away from him but he stopped her hand.

"I'm just joking!" Myungsoo cried.

Suzy pouted. Myungsoo smiled and pinched her cheeks and said, "It's good."

Suzy smiled at him and started eating.

Myungsoo watched her, smiling.

After a while, Myungsoo felt like someone was watching them. He looked at the direction of the building in front and saw Sehun watching them.

 

Sehun was about to go to the library to pick up some book. He was walking through the hallway and glanced at the rooftop. There he saw Suzy looking up at Myungsoo with a smile on her face. 

A real smile. Sehun thought.

He saw Myungsoo turn back towards his direction and he looked straight at Sehun.

 

Lunch break came. Suzy took the cupcake she left in her desk and walked towards Sehun’s locker. She was about to open his locker to put the cupcake inside but flashback from that night came in to her mind.

Suzy froze. After a few minutes, she regained her composure and walked away throwing the cupcake at a nearby trash bin.

 

Myungsoo was waiting for Suzy at the auditorium.

“You’re late.” Myungsoo told Suzy who just came.

“Sorry.” Suzy said and sat beside him.

She noticed that Myungsoo is acting strange.

Has he reached his limit? Suzy asked herself as she looked at Myungsoo.

“Can I ask you a one question and can you answer it truthfully?” Myungsoo suddenly asked.

“Ye..ah.” Suzy hesitated because she already knows what Myungsoo was going to ask.

“What’s your relationship with Oh Sehun?” Myungsoo asked.

Suzy still froze. She still wasn’t prepared to tell Myungsoo what her connection is to Sehun.

Myungsoo saw the sadness in Suzy’s eyes. He didn’t want to ask yet he was curious.

“A friend that I used to be close with but now, he’s just an acquaintance.” Suzy told Myungsoo.

One step at a time, Myungsoo. Myungsoo told himself and then gave Suzy a smile.

“So am I the closest to you, right now?” Myungsoo teased to break the ice.

Suzy looked at him and honestly said, "Yes."

Myungsoo saw the honesty in Suzy's eyes and smiled warmly at her.

 

School ends and Suzy walked towards the parking lot to wait for Sehun. Suzy didn’t know but Myungsoo was watching her from the rooftop.

Sehun came and the two of them drove off.

Myungsoo took out his phone and dialled his secretary.

“Find out everything you can about Oh Sehun.” Myungsoo told Onew.

“I understand.” Onew replied.

 

Sehun and Suzy drove quietly towards Suzy’s parents’ house. Sehun occasionally glances at Suzy but Suzy was only looking at her bracelet.

She is still thinking about the conversation with Myungsoo. She knows that sooner or later, she has to tell Myungsoo about everything yet she’s scared that he won’t look at her the same way if she did.

I don’t want to ruin whatever we have right now especially now that he’s someone really special to me. Suzy thought as she plays with the crane pendant.

“Does your mom know about Kim Myungsoo?” Sehun suddenly asked.

“I don’t know.” Suzy replied.

“He dated quite a lot of girls before. You should be careful.” Sehun pointed out.

“I don’t care about what he did before.” Suzy said as she glared up at Sehun.

“I just don’t want you to get hurt. You don’t know him that well.” Sehun frustratingly said.

“No matter how long you’ve known someone, they’ll still be able to hurt you.” Suzy icily told Sehun.

Sehun froze and didn’t say anything.

 

When they got to the Bae’s mansion, Suzy quickly got out of the car and went inside.

Sehun followed behind.

 

 

Hello everybody!

I know I said that I wouldn't update but I decided to update anyways. LOL

It's just a short chapter.

I found out that my test is only about algebra and pre calculus so I'm covered.

and my test got pushed back to Tuesday next week so I'll update again this weekend.

Have fun reading guys! 

Silent readers, try to comment once in a while :)

Oh btw someone got the right answer on who the girl is from the comments. :))

Did you guys watch heirs episode 13? Youngdo is daebak. <3