XXI

Stay Close, Don't Go

The next morning, Suzy woke up from her slumber.

She heard a ruckus outside of her bedroom and wondered if Fei was cleaning. She got up from her bed and took a shower.

After she got dressed, she walked towards the kitchen. She saw the man standing in front of the stove wearing an apron and froze. The man looked back and saw Suzy.

“You’re awake.” Sehun said and he gave Suzy a smile.

“What are you doing here?” Suzy asked.

“I’m making you some breakfast. Miss Fei went to the office because your father called her.” Sehun said as he turned back to the stove.

“When did you come?” Suzy asked him.

“A while ago. I brought some of my dad’s medicinal tea.” Sehun told her.

“You shouldn’t be here.” Suzy pointed out.

Sehun froze. He looked back at Suzy.

“Just have breakfast with me then I’ll be going. Just a few minutes with you, that’s all I’m asking.” Sehun pleaded.

Suzy didn’t say anything.

Sehun went back to cooking.

Suzy walked towards the kitchen table and sat. She watched Sehun.

I used to picture this scene, you cooking and me just watching you from behind with a smile on my face. Suzy thought. I used to picture it as a happy scene but why do I feel sad now?

After a while, Suzy stood up and walked towards the Sehun.

“What are you cooking?” She asked.

“Pancakes.” Sehun answered and smiled at Suzy.

Suzy took a bite of the cooked ones and said, “It’s not cooked. There’s too much water.”

Sehun’s face fell. “. I do have any pancake mix left.”

“That’s alright. Follow me.” Suzy said and walked towards the pantry. Sehun followed behind.

“Can you reach that bag of flour on the top?” Suzy asked.

Sehun reached the bag. Suzy took some other ingredients and gave it to Sehun.

They walked back to the kitchen.

“Get a bowl from the cabinet near the fridge.” Suzy told Sehun.

Sehun took the bowl and placed it on the counter.

Suzy gave him the measuring cups and a recipe. “Here. Just follow what it says.”

Sehun took the cups and the recipe and started reading it.

Suzy watched as Sehun seriously read the recipe. She smiled a little.

Sehun measured all the ingredients and placed it on the bowl. He looked at Suzy and asked, “Is this right?”

Suzy nodded and said, “Now you mix it with the hand mixer. It’s on the drawer beside you.”

Sehun took the hand mixer. He didn’t know how to use it so he just pressed one of the buttons.

The batter started flying everywhere. Some of it ended up on his face.

“Ahhhhhh!” Sehun cried.

Suzy burst out laughing and Sehun laughed with her.

Suzy laughingly took some towels and walked towards Sehun.

“You’re still a kitchen terror, Sehun ah.” Suzy teasingly said as she wipes the batter off Sehun’s face.

Suzy didn’t realize that Sehun was frozen.

“How do you survive alone?” Suzy asked, smiling up at Sehun.

She’s smiling. A real smile. Sehun thought. “I bought a lot of Ramyun and boxed pizzas.” Sehun replied, smiling back at Suzy.

Suzy laughed again.

“I missed that. Your laugh.” Sehun told Suzy.

Suzy froze and stepped back.

“I’ll get you some shirt.” Suzy said and hurriedly walked towards her bedroom.

“Why do you have to say that?” Sehun scolded himself.

 

Suzy sat at her bed.

You’re crazy, Bae Suzy. Why did you do that?

After a while, Suzy came back to the kitchen, Sehun was cleaning the mess on the floor.

“Here. That’s my father’s size. It’ll fit you. It’s brand new.” Suzy gave him the shirt.

“You didn’t give it to him?” Sehun asked.

“He’s not going to wear it anyways.” Suzy told him. “Go change. I’ll clean up.”

Sehun walked towards the washroom. When he got back, Suzy already cleaned the place and is already cooking the pancakes.

“I said I was going to make you breakfast but I only ended up making you do it.” Sehun told her.

“It’s alright; can you set up the table? There’s an OJ on the fridge.” Suzy told him.

Sehun set up the table and waited for the pancakes to finish cooking.

Suzy placed the pancakes on the table and the two started eating.

“It’s good.” Sehun told Suzy.

“Thanks. I learned it at home eco.” Suzy told Sehun.

“I should have just taken home eco.” Sehun told Suzy.

“You’d fail. I’m pretty sure. You might even end up ruining the whole kitchen.” Suzy pointed out, smiling.

“True.” Sehun agreed and gave Suzy a smile.

The two of them finished eating and Sehun helped wash the dishes.

He went to the washroom to get the shirt he ruined and when he got back to the kitchen, Suzy was putting containers on a paper bag.

“Take this home. I have too much anyways.” Suzy said and gave him the paper bag.

Sehun took it and said, “Thanks.”

Suzy nodded.

Sehun walked out of the apartment.

When Sehun got to his place, he took out the containers in the paper bag Suzy gave him. Inside was containers filled with side dishes and bulgogi. He also found a note at the end.

Try to eat something healthy once in a while. –Suzy

Sehun smiled and placed the note on the refrigerator door so he can always see it.

 

 

 

I decided to upload the chapters that i already wrote.

I'll upload another one and that's it for now.