XXVII

Stay Close, Don't Go

It was already Monday and Suzy as usual, arrived early to school.

She walked towards her locker and saw Myungsoo standing there waiting for her.

“Oppa ! Good Morning!” Suzy called and walked towards Myungsoo.

“Good Morning to you too, Princess.” Myungsoo greeted and smiled at her.

“Did you guys finish your assignment?” Suzy asked.

“Yeah, you?” Myungsoo asked.

“We finished it too.” Suzy happily told him.

“Did you have fun?” Myungsoo asked.

Suzy nodded and smiled at him.

“That’s good.” Myungsoo said and ruffled Suzy’s hair.

“Oppa!” Suzy complained and Myungsoo laughed.

 

Naeun just finished having brunch when her phone rang. She looked at it expecting it to be Sehun but got disappointed.

“Taemin Oppa.” Naeun greeted.

“Naeun ah, did you know Sehun applied to Julliard? I saw his application form at the Dean’s Office and the Dean liked him.” Taemin informed Naeun.

“Are you sure?” Naeun asked.

“It’s him since I saw his video too.” Taemin confirmed.

Naeun froze.

“Are you still there?” Taemin asked.

“I have to go Oppa. I’ll talk to you later.” Naeun said and hanged up.

She was in shock. She couldn’t believe Sehun applied without telling her, most of all applying for Julliard means leaving her side.

Is that why he’s been avoiding me? He’s planning on leaving me? Naeun thought to herself. That can’t happen!

 

Sehun was about to go to the cafeteria when his phone started ringing. He looked at the caller and saw that it’s Naeun’s maid.

“Is something wrong?” He asked the maid.

“Oppa! Sehun Oppa! Help me!” Naeun said sobbingly.

“Naeun ah? What’s wrong?” Sehun worriedly asked but the line was cut off.

Sehun tried to call Naeun but no one was answering.

 Luhan saw him and walked towards him.

“Is something wrong?” Luhan asked as he noticed the worried expression on Sehun’s face.

“I think something happened to Naeun. I’m just going to check on her.” Sehun said and ran towards the exit.

“Sehun ah! What about your presentation?” Luhan called after him.

“I’ll be back in time!” Sehun replied.

 

Suzy and Myungsoo where walking around the school when they saw Sehun running towards the parking lot.

“Where is he going?” Myungsoo asked.

“I don’t know.” Suzy replied with a worried expression on her face.

 

Sehun arrived at Naeun’s apartment and knocked on the door but no one was answering. He entered the code for the door and stepped in.

He walked towards Naeun’s room. He opened the door and heard a voice,

“Surprise!” Naeun said while holding a cake.

Sehun didn’t say anything and just looked at her.

Naeun walked towards him and said, “Taemin Oppa told me that you applied to Julliard and that you have a very high chance to be accepted so I wanted to congratulate you.”

Sehun froze and tried to process what happening.

He looked at Naeun and said, “Is this the reason you called me!?”

“Is this the reason you called me while crying and saying HELP ME!?” Sehun angrily asked.

Naeun was surprised and said, “I’m sorry. I just wanted to surprise you!”

“Surprise me!? I know you too well Naeun ah! I know how you hate the idea of me going to Julliard! What’s worse is that I practically ran here because I was worried something happened to you!” Sehun shouted.

Naeun turned red and threw the cake at the floor and shouted, “If you know how I hate it then why did you apply!”

“My life doesn’t revolve around you!” Sehun angrily said.

Naeun started sobbing and said, “It’s because of Suzy, right!? That’s why you’re like this to me. It’s because she’s back! You weren’t like this to me when she wasn’t around!”

“Why do you have to always blame it on Suzy! She never did anything to you!” Sehun angrily shouted.

“It’s always about her! It’s always about her when it comes to you!” Naeun shouted back.

Sehun couldn’t take it anymore and said, “I can’t do this anymore. I’m going.”

Sehun turned around and was about to walk out when Naeun hugged her from behind.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry Sehun ah. I won’t do this again. Just don’t leave me. Please, Sehun ah. Don’t leave. You’re the only one I have. I won’t be able to take it if you leave me too after Mom! I won’t be able to take it! I’m going to go crazy!” Naeun cried.

Sehun released himself from Naeun’s hold and said, “I’m not falling for this anymore. You can’t keep doing this. You can't keep doing this to me."

"But you promised Mom that you'll stay by my side. You promised her! You promised!" Naeun cried.

"I did promise Auntie but I was only a child back then Naeun. I didn't know what I was saying but I tried to stay by your side. I really tried but I can't do this anymore and you can't either." Sehun said.

"You can’t keep using your mother or being sick as an excuse so people will give attention to you. We both know you’re over that and we both know you’re not really sick. Your father knows that as well.” Sehun added.

“You need to stop all this.” Sehun lastly said and walked out leaving Naeun standing there alone.

 

Sehun ran towards his car and drove back to school.

 

Suzy worriedly waited for Sehun outside of the classroom to arrive while the first presentation was being done.

“He’s on his way. He just sent me a message. There’s just traffic since its rush hour.” Luhan told Suzy.

“What happened to Naeun?” Suzy asked.

Luhan didn’t answer and Suzy guessed the answer.

“She was bluffing isn’t she?” Suzy asked.

Luhan still didn’t say anything.

Myungsoo walked out of the class room and said, “It’s already your turn.”

 

Sehun arrived to school and ran towards class.

When he got there, the only one left was Suzy.

“Suzy ya, I’m sorry. Naeun called and I thought something happened to her.” Sehun explained.

Suzy looked at him and said, “But she was bluffing? And you fell for it.”

Sehun didn’t say anything.

“Do you know that those are also the same lines you told me after what happened that time?” Suzy asked before walking away.

Sehun remembered what Suzy mentioned.

Sehun was running towards the direction of the park he and Suzy promised to meet but on the way, he saw Suzy walking towards his direction while hugging herself.

“Suzy ya, I’m sorry. Naeun called and I thought something happened to her.” Sehun called and ran towards her.

When he got closer, he saw the devastated look on Suzy’s face and noticed her dishevelled clothes.

 Suzy tearfully looked at him before collapsing.

 

 

 

Have fun reading. :)

Comment once in a while :)