XXIV

Stay Close, Don't Go

Sehun just arrived to school and decided to go to the library to do some work.

When he got there, he spotted Suzy with her head on the table, sleeping.

Sehun smiled.

He sat beside her and placed his head on the table facing Suzy.

Sehun touched her face and asked himself, Can we go back to how we were before?

 

Suzy opened her eyes and was surprised to see Sehun there who also fell asleep.

Suzy stared at his sleeping face and had the urge to touch it but she decided not to.

Suzy stared at Sehun for a few more minutes before she left.

 

Sehun woke up to the sound of the bell. He wasn’t surprised that Suzy’s isn’t there anymore.

He stretched his arms and noticed a chocolate muffin sitting on top of his book with a note beside it.

You were snoring. –Suzy

He smiled as he read the letter and placed it inside his bag.

He picked up the muffin and walked towards class.

 

Lunch time came and Suzy walked towards her locker. As she was putting her books in, Sunggyu and Woohyun showed up.

“Want to eat with us?” Sunggyu asked.

“Since Myungsoo’s not here and we’re friends.” Woohyun cheery told her.

“Ya! Stop flirting with her just because Myungsoo isn’t here!” Sungyeol yelled from behind.

“We’re not, Babo.” Woohyun told Sungyeol.

Suzy smiled at their childishness and looked at Sunggyu.

“If it’s alright, I’d like to eat with you guys.” Suzy told him.

Sunggyu nodded and said, “Alright, Let’s go.”

They walked towards the cafeteria.

Sungyeol sat beside her and kept telling her about the stupid things they did in the past and Suzy laughed every time. The others joined in and made Suzy comfortable.

 

Sehun was sitting near Suzy’s table and watching her laugh freely.

“She’ll melt if you keep staring.” Luhan teased.

Sehun smiled at Luhan and said, “It’s nice seeing her having fun.”

Luhan smiled at his friend.

As the two returned to eating, Sehun's phone rang. He looked at the caller and sighed.

"Naeun?" Luhan asked.

Sehun nodded and was about to pick up the phone but stopped and ignored it.

Luhan looked at him and asked, "You're not answering?"

"Yeah." Sehun told him.

Luhan gave a thumbs up and said, "It's about time, Oh Sehun."

 

Suzy walked alone towards class since Sunggyu and the others decided to skip. She saw Sehun already sitting there.

Teacher Key came in and said, “Since you guys already have places to go and have done the research already, I’ll use this class time to show you videos of the assignment’s the students did last year.”

“Go sit with your partner.” He added.

Suzy stood up and moved towards the sit beside Sehun.

They’re the only two people at the back since the other students were sitting in front while the others skipped.

As the video start to play and the lights turned off, Sehun reached towards Suzy’s ears and placed an ear bud on.

Suzy recognized the song playing as The Street by Younha and looked up at Sehun and Sehun just smiled at her.

Sehun remembered the first time he heard this song because it was also the first time the two of them met.

 

12 year old Sehun was walking around the Bae Mansion when he heard a voice singing.

He followed the sound and it leads him to a music room.

Inside, a girl with black wavy hair was singing passionately.

Sehun watched her.

When the girl finished singing, Sehun clapped.

The girl was surprised and looked at him.

Sehun saw the girl’s face and he felt his heart skip a beat.

“What are you doing here?” The girl innocently asked.

Sehun didn’t hear the question and just blurted out, “Pretty.”

The girl laughed and Sehun blushed.

“What are you singing?” Sehun asked.

“The Street by Younha. It’s a good song isn’t it?” Suzy cheery asked.

Sehun nodded.

The girl walked towards him as if she was floating and asked, “What’s your name?”

“Oh Sehun.” Sehun shyly told her.

The girl gave him a bright smile and said, “I’m Suzy. Nice to meet you Sehun ah. Let’s be friends.”

Sehun nodded and smiled back at her.

 

Sehun smiled at the memory and looked at Suzy who was listening quietly to the song.

He wrote something down on the paper in front of Suzy.

Suzy looked at it.

You’re cover is much better.

Suzy smiled.

 

Another one. ;)