XIX

Stay Close, Don't Go

It was already Monday and Suzy woke up early. She was fixing her hair when she heard her mother barged in her apartment.

Suzy walked towards her mother and greeted, “Hello Mother.”

Her mother was furious.

“Do you know what you just did!? You just ruined your future! You just ruined a potential merger between our family and the Oh’s!” Mrs. Bae angrily said.

“Do you think someone else will take you!? When that guy finds out, are you sure he’s not going to leave you!?” Mrs. Bae added.

Suzy felt like she was slapped and didn’t say anything.

“Sehun is the right choice! He knows what happened to you yet he’s still around!” Mrs. Bae continued. “Think about this carefully, Bae Suzy. When this person decides to leave you when he finds out, don’t come crying to me.”

“Don’t worry, I won’t.” Suzy told her mother.

“You’re foolish.” Mrs. Bae spitted out and walked out of the apartment.

When her mother left, Suzy collapsed to the floor.

After a while, Ms. Fei came in and saw Suzy on the floor.

“Ms. Suzy!” Fei said and hurried towards Suzy.

“What happened?” Fei asked Suzy as she helps her move towards the couch.

She sadly looked at Fei and said, “Because of what they did to me. I’ll never be happy.”

Fei saw the sadness in Suzy’s eyes and immediately hugged her.

“You can be happy if you choose to be. Don’t let what happened back then ruin what you have now.” Fei told her.

“My parents don’t know but Sehun had already left me back then. What if Myungsoo finds out and leaves me as well? I won’t be able to take it anymore.” Suzy tearfully asked Fei.

“Then he’s not the right person for you but give him a chance. Don’t doubt him yet.” Fei answered.

 

Myungsoo got to class and saw that Suzy wasn’t there.

Maybe she’s late. Myungsoo thought and sat at his seat.

When the class started and there was still no Suzy, Myungsoo got up and walked out the class.

He dialled Suzy number.

“Hello?” An unfamiliar female voice answered.

“Who is this?” Myungsoo asked, confused.

“I’m Ms. Bae’s secretary. Is this Mr. Kim?” Fei asked.

“Yes. Where is Suzy?” Myungsoo asked.

“Ms. Bae is currently not feeling well and is staying at home.” Fei answered.

“Is she okay? I’ll drop by.” Myungsoo told her.

“I’m sorry but Ms. Bae doesn’t want to be disturbed. She is alright. She just needs to rest. I hope you understand.” Fei told him.

“Is that so? Then please tell her to call me when she gets better.” Myungsoo told Fei.

“I will deliver your message. Good day, Mr. Kim.” Fei said and hanged up.

Myungsoo didn’t feel like staying at school so he decided to just go home.

 

It was already evening and Suzy still hasn’t called Myungsoo. Myungsoo was lying on his bed and was folding some paper cranes when he heard a knock on his door.

“Come in.” Myungsoo told the person behind the door.

Onew came in.

“Mr. Kim, I have some information for you.” Onew informed him.

Myungsoo sat up and looked at his secretary and said, “Shoot.”

“Oh Sehun is the son of the owner of the Oh Medical Group. His mother left him when he was 5 years old and since then, it’s just him and his father."

"When he was 6 his father was going to marry a close friend of his but it didn’t go through.” Onew told him.

“What did you find out about him and Suzy?” Myungsoo asked him.

“They had known each other since they were 12 years old. Their families are also close because their fathers are old friends from college who reconnected with each other." Onew answered.

"They went to the same middle school until Ms. Bae transferred during their last year for some unknown reason and then Ms. Bae left the country during second semester of her last year in middle school." Onew continued.

"There were rumours that Miss Bae left because the two of them broke up because of Oh Sehun’s childhood friend but there are also rumour saying that the two were never really together because Oh Sehun has been with the childhood friend from the beginning.” Onew added.

“What did you find out about the girl?” Myungsoo asked.

“Oh Sehun and the girl had known each other since they were little and grew up together." Onew answered.

"The girl was also the daughter of the ex-fiancée of his father. Even with the marriage not going through, Oh Sehun kept close to the ex-fiancée and somewhat became a mother figure to Oh Sehun." Onew continued.

"The ex-fiancée died when they were 10 years old due to cancer and the girl was sent to live with her father who is a famous lawyer in the States.” Onew added.

“How did she enter Suzy’s life then if she was sent away?” Myungsoo asked, confused.

“Apparently, after 2 years, the same time Ms. Suzy and Oh Sehun met, the girl came back and went to the same middle school as the two and Oh Sehun and the girl reconnected their friendship.” Onew explained.

“Where is that girl now?” Myungsoo asked.

“The girl is here in Korea but she stopped attending school because her body is weak.” Onew said.

“Are Sehun and the girl still close?” Myungsoo asked.

“Yes they are and apparently, the girl used to go to your school. She attended until the end of the 1st semester.” Onew told him.

“What is the name of the girl?” Myungsoo asked.

“Son Naeun.” Onew told him.

 

Hello everyone.

I"ll update another one in a couple of hours.

HUnzy shippers, don't lose hope yet.

Truthfully, I haven't decided who Suzy is gonna end up with since there's 

still more chapters to go and a lot more things to happen.

And yeah, the girl is finally revealed. :)

UPDATE:

i seperated the long paragraphs so it won't be confusing. If it's still confusing, let me know :)

Up