XIII

Stay Close, Don't Go

“Oppa.” Suzy greeted the person at the other end of the call.

“Princess.” Myungsoo greeted back.

“Why did you suddenly call?” Suzy asked.

“I just wanted to hear your voice.” Myungsoo told him.

Suzy smiled and said, “Is that so.”

“Do you miss me?” Myungsoo teased.

“No.” Suzy jokingly answered.

“Yah!” Myungsoo cried.

Suzy laughed and said, “I’ll tell you when you get back.”

“Alright. I’ll see you soon.” Myungsoo replied and hanged up.

 

Suzy doesn’t know why but she wanted the weekend to pass by quickly. She spent her Saturday going on business meetings because her parents where in America.

Sunday night came and Suzy was lying on her bed waiting for the pill to take effect when her phone rang. She looked at the name on the screen and quickly picked up.

“Hello?” Suzy answered the call.

“I want to see you.” Myungsoo stated silently.

“Did something happen?” Suzy asked worriedly.

“Why do you ask?” Myungsoo asked her.

“You sound different.” Suzy pointed out.

“I’m just tired.” Myungsoo replied.

Suzy didn’t say anything and so did Myungsoo. They just stayed silent and fell asleep listening to each other’s breathing.

 

 

Suzy walked to class and saw that Myungsoo is still not back. During her second period, she looked at the rooftop and saw Myungsoo’s friends hanging out there but no Myungsoo in sight.

During lunch time, she bumped into Sunggyu.

“Oppa, have you heard from Myungsoo Oppa?” Suzy asked Sunggyu.

“Ani, he didn’t call you?” Sunggyu asked her.

“Yesterday. He sounded different.” Suzy worriedly told Sunggyu.

“Don’t worry. Maybe he’s dad gave him too much work. He’ll be back soon.” Sunggyu assured her.

Suzy just nodded and walked away.

 

The day went by fast and it was already the last period. Their class is working on individual projects and Suzy decided to do hers in the library. She went towards the shelves and sat at the corner so the other students won’t disturb her. She put on her earphones and listened to some music since she was already ahead on the project.

After a few minutes she fell asleep.

Sehun went to the library to borrow a book for his class. He saw that the librarian went to take a break and that no one was in the library to help him. He walked towards the shelves and saw a figure sitting down at the back. He approached the figure and saw Suzy sitting and leaning on the wall, sleeping.

Sehun looked at her and thought, Even when you’re sleeping you still look beautiful.

He sat beside her and carefully leaned her head on his shoulder.

He also picked up one of the earphone that fell off from Suzy’s ears and put it on his ears. He saw Suzy’s phone beside her and took it. He searched the song list and saw his favourite song. Angel by Exo.

Sehun pressed play and quietly sang along the song.

Suzy woke up from a familiar sound of a voice. She instantly knew that it was Sehun since the song being played was his favourite and because she can smell the sweet scent of the perfume Sehun loves.

Suzy kept her eyes closed and listened to the deep sound of his voice.

It almost feels like everything is normal. Almost. Suzy thought.

When the song ended, Sehun sighed and carefully leaned Suzy’s head towards the wall she was leaning in and stood up. He looked at her again and whispered, “I missed you.”

Suzy felt him walk away. She opened her eyes and looked at the place he was standing at a few seconds ago with teary eyes.

 

 

Hello everyone.

Some of you guys may know about what had happened in the Philippines.

A lot of people had died and a lot more are in need of assistance.

Please pray for those who had lost their lives and those who survived.

Donations can be made to UNICEF and Red Cross and other organizations.

Prayers will also be really helpful. 

Take care everyone. 

Let us be thankful that we are alive.

#Iamprayingformyfellowkababayans

#Let'sPrayForThePhilippines