Bang Yongguk

Childhood Sweetheart

 

 

             You scrutinized the teenager's face again, trying to find any similar features belonging to your childhood sweetheart. You brushed it off, there's plenty of guys in Korea named as Bang Yongguk as well. But there was something about him that you were charmed, his gummy smile. It looked exactly the same as the Bang Yongguk that left you more than 7 years ago.

             You never thought your prayers would be heard. But still, you weren't convinced enough. Sure, the name Bang Yongguk was becoming too common to the society so you thought that he was just a normal guy.

             You looked at him as he walked down across the class to his seat, giving a small wink to the girl that was sitting right in the front while earning delighted squeals. You doubt that it was him because the Bang Yongguk you met when you were little wouldn't be such a flirter anyways.

             You turned your head to the front, continue to make yourself busy by focusing on the board. The time passed by rather quickly that it shocked you till it was time to go home. You sighed, your mind was frazzled with different things including the Bang Yongguk guy earlier in class just now.

             You stopped yourself when you thought that it was already pointless for you to be thinking about him till now. You gave up. It had been nearly 10 years not meeting him and it shows clearly that you will not even meet him again.

             Then you thought, how is he doing now? Does he still think about you?

             You knocked your head, stopping yourself again from thinking about him. Maybe this was the real goodbye. Your first love must be further away from you and you know you would never meet any guy as good as Yongguk. Never.

             "Appa, I'm home." You called out as soon as you reached your seemingly quiet house.

             You furrowed your eyebrows, this was unusual. Usually, your dad would be huddled against himself on his desk and looking like a maniac, completing all of his paperwork. Today was just weird. You made your way to your dad's room, only to spot a slender body laying down on his bed.

             "Appa.." You called out. "Appa..." You called again. No response.

             You could feel him breathing as you placed your palm on his forehead. It was burning hot. You took your legs to the kitchen, took a towel and filled the bucket with cold water. You placed the towel to your dad's forehead when he flinched due to the sudden coldness.

             "Eo.. You're home." His croaked voice said.

             "You're having a fever. Now just stay still and let me get some medicine for you." You rushed again, getting medicines for your dad. You looked at your dad as he swallowed down the medicine bitterly. He then laid back down on the bed. You placed the damp towel on his forehead, hoping it would probably reduce his fever.

             "You're just like your mom." He suddenly blurted out. You sat there awkwardly and showed a small smile. "Those eyes, nose and chin. Just like her..."

             "Stop. I don't want to hear anymore." You pleaded. You didn't mean to snap at your dad but when such conversation leads to your mom, you just couldn't get yourself together and talk about it.

             Your mom was a great woman and you know it. She was the one who would hold you tight in her embrace when Yongguk was departing away. She was the one who forced you to make friends with the twins when you thought that they were evil and scary because of their edgy exterior.

             She never once left your side. You sighed and left the room when your dad fell asleep. Guess that you have to do almost all the housework today. Right after your mom died, the house was simply quieter thus both you and your dad had an agreement to do the housework alternately.

             As usual, you would clean the house and wipe some of the stuffs, making sure everything was spotless. When you were done, you got ready to make some dinner as you fed your dad some porridges. When you were done for the day, you went to the rooftop and admired the entire beautiful city. Every night, you would come here to get your mind and chest off as a stress reliever.

             "Umma.. How are you doing up there?" You spoke up. No response.

             "Appa's sick and I had to do everything on my own today." You laughed. It may seem like you were having some kind of mental breakdown to people but to you, it was just a way for you to communicate again. "There's this new guy too in my class. His name is Bang Yongguk too. Do you think it's him, umma?" You asked to the thin air.

             You were distracted when there were loud chattering between two people. You peered down from the rooftop when you saw a guy and a girl, holding their hands together. You squinted, trying to figure out who the couple was. The street lamp shone on the girl's face and you realised it was one of the popular and pretty girl in your class.  You honestly didn't know her name.

             But then, your heart suddenly fell a little when you saw the guy's face.

             It was Bang Yongguk.

             It was an unusual feeling for you to have but you felt like your stomach was tied into a tight knot as you saw the couple huddling against each other.

             No, it's not that Bang Yongguk. You tried to recompose yourself. You didn't know if this Bang Yongguk was the Bang Yongguk you met 10 years ago but it still made you cringed.

             "I don't think it's him." You sighed, looking down to the bracelet that Yongguk once gave you before he left and went down the rooftop, climbing into your window with a frazzled mind. You plopped yourself on your bed and soon, you fell asleep under your covers filled with your own silent cries that was damped every night.

             It was already morning as you climbed from your bed, checking on your dad. He wasn't in his room. You went to the kitchen and saw him, lost in his own thoughts while holding onto a cup of coffee.


             "Morning." He murmured and beamed at you. You smiled again, digging into your breakfast.

             "I'm going, bye." You took your bag and slung in onto your shoulders when your dad stopped you.

             "I'm sorry about what happened yesterday. I didn't mean to bring it up." You looked into his sorrowful eyes and nodded, totally understanding the situation.

             "But, you have to pay me. Pizza for tonight!" You reminded him, closing the doors as the old man chuckled at your behaviour.

             The busy hallway was filled with students as soon as you came into the school. It was no big deal but it's just so annoying that you had to be pushed here and there. You took your book from your locker when Yuna appeared, "Hey, did you heard?" You furrowed your eyebrows and turned to your friend.

             "What?"

             "About the new kid!" You cracked your brains, oh the Yongguk guy. "He's dating Junmi, the popular one!" Yuna informed with full anxiety.

             You scoffed, you knew your friend would always have some latest gossips under her sleeves while you just nodded. It was rather interesting how she can know such things in just a flash. It was also not that surprising for you since you just saw them last night and it was common enough for someone as handsome as him to be dating someone pretty popular like her. As soon as Yuna broke the news the crowd started to disperse, giving way to the new couple.

             You saw the couple coming into the school hallway with their arms linked together as though it seemed like a wedding. You just wanted to puke when the girl, you believed her name was Junmi, gave a peck on Bang Yongguk's cheeks.

             You tried telling yourself that this is not the Bang Yongguk you met before. He was just another common Bang Yongguk that happened to have the same name and gummy smile. No matter how hard you tried to deny, you really had a feeling that you know him. When the couple raced off to their classes, everyone dispered and went into their own classes too.

             Yuna linked her arm with yours as the both of you walked to your class. You didn't want to break the news to Yuna about the whole 'Bang Yongguk' story because you thought you didn't need to and that Yuna will definitely start chattering about it to the whole school. You grimaced when you saw the couple again exchanging kisses and doing mushy stuffs.

             Oh great, you had to survive this class for the whole day with a really touchy couple. How awesome will this day be? Honestly, you were a little upset when you saw how happy Bang Yongguk was. You really have that feeling that he was the one.

             As expected, the whole day was a drag. The new couple couldn't stop their busy self on pampering each other. It was just disgusting. You don't really talk much to Junmi but you can see that she has a rather same personality as the Bang Yongguk guy.

             Flirt, full of ego and a drama queen. It's not a surprise that a attitude belongs to her. Apparently, most of the popular girls tend to have those personalities. Days went by and your curiosity really killed you, wanting to know if this Bang Yongguk guy was your childhood sweetheart.

             "Kim Hana!" Ms Jung called you right when the bell rang, indicating the end of school time. "Bang Yongguk!" Your heart started making flip flops when you heard his name called out. You rushed to the front, standing beside him.

             "Yongguk, may I ask you why your grades are decreasing?"

             "I don't know." He slid his fingers in his hair.

             Ms Jung shook her head upon the answer. "Kim Hana, I want you to give him some tutoring lessons. I want him to pass his next test and that's a challenge for you."

             Your widened your eyes, "Why should I tutor him?" The words came out rather harsh that you expected it to be. "Because you have a really high grade this time."

             I nodded and turned my heels away. "Seems like someone is not fond of teaching." Yongguk snapped behind me.

             "Tutoring starts tomorrow." You pointed out. Yongguk nodded and went off to find his girlfriend.

             Your mind was not in a right place. Did you just got chosen to tutor this Bang Yongguk? You guess you did. You had a little hope inside of you that this may be an opportunity to find out if he was the Bang Yongguk 10 years ago.

             On the other hand, Yongguk was also confused. When he heard your name being called by Ms Jung, it was like deja vu. He had definitely heard that word before but where? Turns out that the Bang Yongguk 10 years' ago had honestly forgotten about you. For the past 10 years, there were no calls, no meet ups. There was only one, when you called him upon his birthday and that was it.

             He was not the Bang Yongguk that you've known before. He's not the nice guy that everyone adores. His edgy and charismatic exterior made girls fall head over heels for him but his pure innocence was lost. He had gave up on you for as long as he could remember.

             As much as he was forced to see you, a part of him wanted to see you again. 

 

urgh sorry for the lame & boring chapter. 

has anyone saw Yongguk's absolutely freakingly adorable haircut?!

tumblr_mvpturWCpx1sw3femo1_500.jpg 

I swear this little cutie has to stop. It's so adorableeeeeeee i feel like squishing his cheeks >3<