Sick

Childhood Sweetheart

 

 

             You widened your eyes as you made your way down to the living room. You were still in your pyjamas as you didn't care about it since you already have a feeling that it would be a lazy day. Your body temperature risened up right after the incident yesterday when Junmi splashed the insanely cold detergent water over you.

             When you reached home, it already had been pouring heavily. Walking in the rain after being splashed by cold detergent water made your body temperature rose. You could barely walk properly. You were almost bedridden as the headache started overwhelming your whole body.

             "Hey sweetie, you just rest. I'm making breakfast." Your dad cooed on.

             "Oh, you're not working?" You widened your eyes.

             It was bizzare that your dad can barely get a day off from his job. But however, you liked it that he was able to get away from his job madness for awhile.

             "No, I took a day off. Now shoo, I have some work to do." He pushed you out of the kitchen as you landed yourself on the comfy couch. Your body was burning as you laid your head on the arm rest. Your breathing was worse, as if you had asthma attack. You sighed, it was a good thing that you didn't come to school earlier on. Somehow, you really didn't have the mood to go too.

             Meanwhile at school, Junmi was still into her old, sticky tactics. As the whole cafeteria boomed with studenta for lunch break, the Queenka made her way to the usual table only to find all of her pest's friends there.

             "Have you guys seen that Hana girl anywhere?" Junmi clucked her tongue. Her friends shook their head, not knowing where the hell you were.


             Then Junmi broke out into a smirk and chuckled, "Is she scared over what happened yesterday? Wow, she must be a joke." Junmi rolled her eyes. Her friends laughed along and as usual, the gossiping begins.

             "Hey, when are you going to be officially engaged?"

             "Are you really going to get engaged with Yongguk? You're lucky!"

             "You better get Yongguk off Hana, they seem like best friends." Junmi clucked her tongue once again.

             "I heard about them being best friends since little. Did you remember the bet that I told you guys about? He hasn't even told it yet but I guess I have to do it then." Suddenly, her arm was being dragged by a strong force. She looked up only to see Yongguk pulling her away from the whole busy cafeteria. As usual, everyone stopped eating as their eyes glued to the couple who both looked really unamused with each other.

             "Are you done with all the gossips?" Yongguk growled.

             Junmi rolled her eyes in disgust, "You're definitely not a gentleman, dragging a girl like some kind of trash."

             "Don't change the damn topic. Don't ever speak about Kim Hana like that in front of everyone." Junmi's mouth was slightly agaped.

             "I see you're being her black knight now? Don't you think you're wasting your time on her?" Yongguk dropped his gaze, clearly not amused with her attitude.

             "Absolutely not. She's someone who is worth for me to spend my time on."

             Junmi rolled her eyes and crossed her arms to her chest, "Save those sweet words the next time you have to tell her about that bet." She was about to make her way back into the cafeteria when she turned back, "Which reminds me, spill that bet on her before I do."

             Yongguk shook his head in dissaproval. "I won't do it. I wouldn't want to hurt her. If you do, you'll be dead."

             Junmi smirked and widened her eyes, "You don't know me. I would do anything to break your relationship with her. Let me just tell you that it'll get REALLY ugly if I were to tell her. You really don't know me Yongguk."

             With that, she left Yongguk standing in the hallways alone. Yongguk clenched his fist, he knew he made a big mess. His head was frazzled with millions of thoughts about you and your own safety. He really doesn't want Junmi to be hurting you. He would do anything to protect you because you were the only person who he could rely on to save him from being his old self.

             He didn't want his life to be messed up as it is before. You were the only one who could safe him and he would never want anyone to hurt you. If they have to hurt you, they have to go through him first. He punched your number on his phone, attempting to call you but you never did picked up for the whole day. As it was about time, his phone rang.

             "Yeobuseyo?" His low voice spoke.

             "Yongguk it's me, Hana's dad. I need a favour from you, is that alright?"

             "Ah ne, what is it?" Yongguk's voice trembled a little.

             "Hana's down with a really high fever and I have to go for a meeting later on. I don't know who else to call so would you be able to help me?"

             Without even wasting any second, Yongguk totally agreed. He was more than thrilled to take care of you. Of course that would apparently be another excuse for him to be able to see you again. Somehow, not being able to see you for a day made him feel suffocated. Almost everything on his mind would be about you, on how you were doing now.

             "Yongguk, wanna catch something after this? A movie or something?" Himchan called out.

             Yongguk shook his head, "Nah I'm good. I have to take care of a sick girl today."

             Himchan furrowed his eyebrows, a sick girl? "Ah, your noona?"

             Yongguk chuckled and shook his head again. "A very special girl." He emphasized it more.

             Himchan furrowed his eyebrows again, who the hell? Just about time, a light bulb flashed on top of his head and a very devilish smirk was tugged to the end of his mouth.

             "Hana? Aish, you're acting like her boyfriend already." Yongguk unexpectedly blushed as his cheekbones rose up high, aching his cheeks. "Can I follow? I have to make sure my innocent little Hana will not be in trouble when she's with you."

             Yongguk glared at his best friend and whined. "No, you're not invited. You're ruining my chance, Channie!" Himchan just chuckled as his eyes turned into crescent moon shaped with wrinkles on the side, one of his charms he had that will make anyone fall for him. Himchan slapped Yongguk's back.

             He sighed, everything about Yongguk had chaned and it was a good thing looking at his new side. "Arraso just make sure my Hana does not get into trouble. You're going to get it from me you know that?" Yongguk just flashed his gummy smile. Himchan has such character of a mom. He was quite jealous on how close your relationship were with Himchan.


             "Channie, help me? Make sure Junmi doesn't ask where I'll be after school." Yongguk pleaded.

             "Hey dude, of course. But I'll follow you to her house since I want to buy something for the sick girl too." Yongguk rolled his eyes in annoyance.

             He really can't beat Himchan. Himchan was really caring enough towards you and he was almost like a brother to you which was hard for him to win over your heart since Himchan would always be ranked first. Somehow he wanted to compete against Himchan, trying to win your heart. Right after school, Himchan and Yongguk dashed their way to the entrance of the school grounds.

             They didn't want to get caught by Junmi because they know she will only find trouble and excuses to let Yongguk off from seeing you. Yongguk didn't want that because he was dying to see you.

             "What should I get for her.." Yongguk rubbed his chin and scrutinized the menu.

             Himchan as usual, ordered an Americano for himself and a bar of chocolate for you. Yongguk was still standing on the front line, trying to figure out which one is best for you to consume. When they got everything, Himchan gave the chocolate bar to Yongguk as a present for you. After a long and sweaty journey to your house, he stood nervously on the front porch.

             "Good that you came, I was just getting ready to go for the meeting." Your dad opened up the front door, inviting him in.

             Yongguk entered only to see you sound asleep on the couch with your arm as a head rest. A small smile was tugged to his mouth as he saw you huddling yourself together like a small tortoise.

             "Like what you're seeing?" Your father chuckled. "She's been sleeping for the past hour. Her energy must be drained since she was burning hot after walking home in the rain yesterday." Your dad told Yongguk.

             "She walked home in the rain?!" Yongguk gasped. Your dad nodded. Yongguk set the box full of your food on the table as he took a seat on the dining chair.

             Your dad took his suit and briefcase, "Thanks Yongguk for helping me, you were the only person I could rely on. I may be coming home late or not come home at all but please take care of her. I'm going." Your dad walked off the front door as Yongguk nodded.

             Yongguk made his way to the opposite couch as he took a seat and scrutinized your peaceful face again. He placed his palm on your forehead and hissed a little. It was definitely burning hot. He saw you huddling yourself together, shivering upon the cold contact of the atmosphere and scurriedly made his way to your room to get your blanket.

             He tucked the blanket to your chin and took a bucket full of cold water to be dapped onto your forehead. He squeezed the excess water out from the towel and placed the towel gently onto your burning forehead. You squirmed upon the contact and wiggled away. Soon, your eyes opened and you almost had a shock of your life to see Yongguk sitting beside you and placing a cold towel onto your burning forehead.

             "What are you doing here?!" You widened your eyes.

             Yongguk just flashed his gummy smile genuinely, "Your dad left for a meeting and he told me to take care of you."

             You sat up, trying to reposition yourself but Yongguk held you down onto the couch back. You furrowed your eyebrows and sighed, of course your dad would be leaving for a meeting. That's not a surprise. Yongguk's eyes narrowed as he focused on placing the towel onto your burning forehead.

             "What, are you not happy to see me?" Yongguk pouted.

             Oh crap, that pout. No, you won't and can't fall for that. He's just teasing you. Instead, you pinched his nose as he whined and screamed in pain.

             "When did he leave?" You questioned.

             "Just awhile ago."

             You sighed. You really thought that your dad would have a day off to take care of you. It was no surprise that he had to go back for the damn meeting. Your dad was one busy man but sometimes you wondered if he even have some time for you. Yongguk saw your down face as he wondered why you were sad.

             You laid your head on the hard surface and ruffled your hair. "Aish, he told me he would take care of me. Is it so hard for him to even take some time off and spend his time with his daughter?" You mumbled.

             Suddenly Yongguk got off his seat, "So you don't want me here? I can call your dad to come back if you want." His face furrowed a little bit.

             Your eyes widened. Oh no, that was not what you meant. Apart from being angry to your dad, you were glad that he called Yongguk in for you. Yongguk was about to put on his coat and leave the house when you suddenly blurted out something that you hadn't been calling him for so long.

              "N-No, please stay Gukkie. I didn't mean it, please.." You pleaded.

             Yongguk turned his head slightly and had a small smile on his mouth, "What did you call me?"