Bet

Childhood Sweetheart

 

 

             Streams of sunlight fell through the thick wall of trees, filling up every space between the leaves with warm, sugary light. The rays tumbled down strands of grass, which gleamed with remains of the morning dew. The sky has ripened from a fresh orange color into a pale blue. Wisps of white clouds stood unmoving. They were so thin, they appeared to be stray brush marks on blue canvas, or traces of powdered sugar on a baker's azure counter top.

            The watery daylight pushed back at the darkened edges of dawn, reclaiming the colours of day that had been washed into grey by the moonlit night. The world came back like a freshly developed photograph, every colour bright and new. Yongguk let out a low grunt as he scrambled his way to the front porch, getting ready to meet Himchan.

             "Where are you?!" Himchan shouted eagerly on the phone.

             "Where are you?! I don't see you anywhere!" Yongguk retorted.

             Both of them were anxious enough to meet each other. Finally, Himchan had already reached Korea and Yongguk had promised to eventually pick him up at the airport.

             "I'm right here, you dimwit!" Himchan laughed and hung up.

             Yongguk craned his head to the left as he saw a milky skinned guy who had his killer eye smile on. Without wasting any second, he made his way to Himchan and engulfed him into a tight friendly hug.


             "Took you long enough to come!" Himchan slapped Yongguk's back.

             Yongguk laughed it off, "At least I came. C'mon, let's have something now."

             Yongguk helped to take the big luggage from Himchan while the both of them made their way to have some lunch. Soon, the both of them were having a wonderful lunch together. They talked about stuffs that they had after all these years. But, the topic that Yongguk didn't want to talk about suddenly came up.

             "So about the bet, have you done it yet?" Himchan questioned.

             Yongguk stood rooted to the spot, not wanting to hear anymore of it. Yongguk let out a mervous laugh and scratched his head, "About that. Can't we just cancel it off?"

             Himchan laughed and wiggled his forefinger in front of Yongguk, "You promised. If not, you'll be banned from the underground club. Remember, you told Youngjae and the rest while you were there."

             Yongguk squinted his eyes and furrowed his eyebrows. He let out a frustrated sigh and ruffled his hair in annoyance.

 

~FLASHBACK~

 

***

 

             Yongguk made his way to the underground space. It was already near midnight but there were still a lot of customers hanging out there. He made his way across the dance floor and to the bar place.

             "The usual, one cup." Yongguk ordered.

             He looked at the dance floor as his eyes laid onto a beautiful curve. He examined her whole body, she got everything that he wanted but maybe not tonight. He needed some break after all the drama of you coming back into his life. A group of people started swarming onto the centre of the dance floor when the song was starting to end.

             Yongguk recognised the voice of the song as it was delicate and soft enough. Yongguk drew in closer and as he saw what was the commotion about, he smiled. Youngjae was a charmer for his vocal skills. He can just make any woman swoon over his vocals. Everyone started applauding for his great vocal skills as Youngjae just bowed humbly and left the floor for a break. He made his way next to Yongguk as they slapped each other on the back as a greeting.

             "Hyung, you came! I heard you had a new chick." Youngjae nudged him in the ribs.

             Yongguk just chuckled and smiled, taking small sips on his water. "Nothing special, just the usual. Make out and leave. But I found Hana back."

             Youngjae's eyes widened in surprise, "Kim Hana? Your childhood friend? Oh right, Himchan hyung told me about some bet that you had with this Hana girl."

             Yongguk let out a scoff, that Kim Himchan can never keep a secret. That is one of the reasons why you should never ever try to tell Himchan one of your secrets even if he did promise not to let it out. He's just cruel enough to think that secrets are meant to be told to everyone.

             "I was only planning to make her not like me that's all. I got drunked when I started off the bet with Himchan." Yongguk was cut in when a youngster came in.

             "Oh Yongguk hyung, you're here! Youngjae too!" Daehyun slapped both of them on the back and beamed.

             Daehyun was also one of Yongguk's best buds. Let's just say that the four of them including Himchan have known each other ever since Yongguk had move to Seoul. As time goes by, all four of them got separated due to conflicts but they still kept in touch with each other.

             "What have you guys been up to?" Daehyun took a seat and quickly ordered a drink.

             "Nothing much. Yongguk hyung got another jackpot. But there's two this time." Youngjae answered.

             Daehyun's eyes widened as he slapped his hyung on the arm lightly. "Woah hyung, that's new for you! Is it Kim Hana?"

             Yongguk nodded. Great, now almost everyone knew about you and the bet. Things just can't get any worse won't they.

             "I want to make her hate me."

             "Why? Yah hyung,you're taking it to the next level huh." Daehyun smirked.

             The elder just let out a chuckle and smiled. "I don't like her anymore. I know she still has some feelings for me and I thought it'll be nice to have some fun. What's the point if she likes me and I don't?" Yongguk shrugged.

             The two dongsaengs nodded in understanding. Then, Youngjae's eyebrows furrowed. "But hyung, you won't regret doing the bet right? You know Himchan hyung won't want you to back out."

             Daehyun nodded suit, "Yeah. You're the boss here, where every woman sees you as their predator. Feelings might change and if you do cancel the bet, you will be banned from here forever. You don't want your rapping dream be gone right?" The two youngsters held Yongguk's arm.

             Having these kinds of conversation between them was just normal. That was how the old Yongguk was. He loved how simple his life was just being able to be the apple of any woman's eyes. They simply just seduce him and grab him for the night. That was how his guilty pleasures came about. He is well known for the underground club where he would be rapping and playing with his deejay system every night. Every woman adores him but he just took advantage of them. Being a playboy was almost a part time job of his daily life. Eventually, he came up with a brilliant idea on making a bet with Himchan about meeting you recently.

             Yongguk just laughed it off, "I'm sure I won't fall in love with her and regret. That'll be messed up for me."

             Daehyun furrowed his eyebrows again, having a slight feeling of being guilty over this part of plan. "But hyung, why did you even do the bet?" Youngjae too, tried to refocus his gaze onto his hyung.

             "I told you, I was drunk at that time. This brilliant idea suddenly came to me and I called Himchan up to talk about it."

             Both the youngsters shook their head a little upon the dissaprovement. They had known Yongguk for several years since his move to Seoul. They don't really know what exactly happened to the once innocent and genuine young man. What they only know is that Yongguk is now acting worst than before, exactly the same as any jerk out there would act. Youngjae and Daehyun never thought that Yongguk would do the same thing to his one and only chilhood friend, Hana which is you.

             Youngjae sigh and patted Yongguk's back, "Whatever hyung. I just hope you did make the right decision to do so cause it will only make you regret big time if you don't."


             Daehyun then eyed Yongguk. "Your numbers up next."

             With that, Yongguk took his last sip on his drink and made his way to the stage. The crowd was wild when Yongguk reached the stage and onto his deejay system. Everyone started cheering as girls started howling his name with their chirpy voice, trying to get his attention on them. They would probably do anything to get Yongguk's attention since he wad those big guns in the pub.

             Yongguk started untying a little bit of his tie and ed his shirt to expose a little skin on his chest. Girls started howling his name and screaming on top of their lungs as Yongguk let out a small wink to them. Youngjae and Daehyun only laughed, shooking their head as they enjoyed the music.

             Yongguk started on the deejay system as he turned a few more rounds on the record and started pumping the energy in the club as everyone joined in the dance floor. Yongguk's eyes laid on the girl that entered the pub, Junmi. He smirked, tonight was maybe his night. His eyes lay onto hers as he winked and bit his lip as recognition.

             "He's going to regret it for sure." Youngjae mumbled, taking small sips on his drink. His friend Daehyun nodded suit. The night was young, at least for Yongguk.

 

***

 

             Yongguk ruffled his hair in annoyance. Why did he even admit on the bet in the first place? Why was he so stupid to do so? Now everything seemed to be messed up. He doesn't want to break your heart at least now. After all those times that you shared with him, he just simply couldn't break your heart.

             He knows what he planned was cruel enough to break you but he had no choice. He couldn't back out from the bet itself and if he does, his rapping career will come to an end. The underground club was like his second home where he could at least release his stress there and his rapping dream came true. He cannot let go of it.

             Neither can he let go of you.

             "You like her, don't you?" Himchan spoke.

             Yongguk clenched his fist and nodded. He was stupid enough to create that bet in the first place just because he was drunk.

             "You know the rules." Himchan spoke again.

             As much as Himchan hated to see Yongguk in this depressing and confusing state, he couldn't encourage his friend to back out because the underground club meant a lot for Yongguk.

             It's either you or his career.

             "Do I have to?" Yongguk asked again, hoping that this time Himchan would change his mind.

             "You promised. No backing out." Himchan growled. Yongguk ruffled his hair again. He let out a frustrated sigh and nodded in understanding.

             He had to.

             Yongguk's mind was now frazzled and in a huge mess. If only he could squeeze his way out of this misery.  He just realised that he was stupid enough to create that bet. It could have been normal enough for Yongguk to be doing this every single time but when the person changes to you, this sudden urge changed his whole life.

             Usually it was really easy for him to end of the bet just the way it was suppose to be. Not including falling in love with them because playboys never have those kind of one hearted love for other girls. Eventually, Yongguk thought he could also get away with this bet easily like he used to but he doesn't know that meeting you again changed his whole life upside down like a totally reborn little baby. He has two choices now which he can't let go neither of them.

             It's either you or his career.

             If he called off the bet, he will gain you but lose his career. He would be thrown out of the underground club if everyone gets to know the usually big gun playboy got called of over a small bet. If he chooses his career over you, he will lose the most important thing in his life that he thought he would never meet again.


             But which one has the most values?

             Never did he thought such dramatic situation would eventually come up in his life. Only such things would come in dramas, that was his mentality. He sighed and groaned, he was being stupid and a jerk all these time. Because of one bet, the things that value to him the most would be gone forever in his life.

             "You have to." Himchan urged again.

             His heart says no but his head says yes. That urge. That certain urge that made a huge impact in his life made him stop and wonder, will he regret his decision then?

             By all means, he had to do it.

 

please don't hate me on this story plot TT

i have a feeling that some of you would start hating the story alrd because i'm making a scene on Yongguk dumping Hana huhuhuhuhu please don't T^T