Who's That?

Childhood Sweetheart

 

 

             The morning school bell rang as the usual. Students starting crowding into the front door of each classroom like fishes, trying to squeeze through and finding their seats. You held your book to your chest tightly as you were easily pushed everywhere in the crowd. Warm hand was placed onto your shoulder, pulling you back. You turned back to see Yongguk having a small smile.

             "You might get hurt." He said politely.

             Not a moment after that, Junmi arrived as she yanked Yongguk's hand off your shoulder and dragged him into the classroom. You furrowed your eyebrows and shook your head. Somehow you had a weird feeling. Yongguk had been acting too polite lately. Not that he's not polite before but he became quieter and looked like he's trying to avoid you.

             You quickly took a seat as you entered the classroom. You were dreaded for the whole lesson as your energy was totally drained. For a couple of moments in the entire lesson, Yongguk would look back and take small glances on you. Whenever you turn your head to look at him, he quickly turn his head again. Not only that was interesting, Junmi had taken a lot of attention in you.

             She had been eyeing you ever since the previous incident at Lotte World with Yongguk. Her piercing glare would always caught you off guard but you quickly brushed it off. You knew she was pissed and it was better to ignore her.

             "Attention students, today we have a very important announcement. As you all know, your requests for the school annual dance had already been submitted and we decided that it would be held by the end of this month. It would be a formal annual dance but please be reminded that there will be no queen and king as this is not prom homecoming. But we would greatly appreciate if most of you were to go. Volunteers for the set ups will be greatly appreciated and the forms will be placed outside the office. That's all, thank you."

             As soon as the speaker beeped, everyone started whisperig incoherent words with each other upon the announcement earlier on. Girls would be crowded amongst each other and discussing on what they would wear or who their date would be.

             Guys would either be laying back, probably not giving any attention to it or even thinking on who should they ask to the dance. You sighed and closed your book.

             The answer was simple, you're not going.

             For all these years, you had been one of the volunteers for the annual dance and you had never participated in the dance at all. So why should you even go to this year? Might as well you chill at home and snuggle in your bed for some great movies. Besides, who would even ask you to the dance?

             It's not like you're well-known in the whole school like any Queenkas, boys would be running around and asking you to the dance. Yongguk would be going with Junmi, that's obvious. Who knows Yongguk might ask you to the dance?

             You shook your head, that's an exception. Who are you kidding, a great handsome guy like him would definitely make Junmi his date. Besides, they're a couple now. At least you think they are. Their relationship were quite confusing. One moment they look so close and the other, it seemed like it was a one-sided love just like you. You looked up and saw Yongguk staring at you, letting out a small laugh as he saw you shaking your head in dissaproval.


             You stuck out your tongue and diverted your gaze away from him. He probably saw you debating onto your own thoughts and mumbling to yourself.

             "Yongguk sweetheart, let's go to the dance together alright?" A sweet and chirpy voice filled your ears.

             You looked up and saw Junmi grabbing onto Yongguk's arms. There was a slight smirk on the end of as she grabbed onto Yongguk and shaking his arms in an effort to make you hear their conversation. You stuck out a tongue and jokingly poked a finger into your mouth, acting like you were disgusted which you were.

             "Yah Kim Hana, what are you disgusted about?" Junmi suddenly sounded in her firm voice.

             You shot up and straightened your back. You were caught off guard as almost the whole class started diverting their attention to the two of you.

             "Nothing." You mumbled.

             You weren't going to fight back. Even if you do, it's not going to be with force because you know how dissapointed Yongguk would be if you were to fight with his girlfriend.

             "You better not be jealousing." She snickered while continuing on exhanging kisses with Yongguk.

             "Kindly take your couple kisses and mushiness outside class. Thank you." You called out with full sarcasm to Junmi and headed outside class as soon as the bell rang.

             It just irks you looking at people kissing each other in front of other people. You took your books and placed them in the locker. Just ad soon as you were about to take some books out, someone came to your direction.

             "Do you want to go to the annual dance with me?" A really milky skinned guy came up to you.

             You furrowed your eyebrows and gaped. Is he kidding right now?

             "What?" You asked.

             The guy let out a low chuckle. His hair was quite short and he looked rather presentable. His quirky and plump lips make him look rather chubby. His cheekbones were really defined and gave you the impression that he was really skinny aside from those plump lips. His black hair had some little but visible brown highlights as they were spiked upwards. He had a metallic studded earing which gave him a rather edgy look. Other than that, he looked pretty decent and.... witty. His cute and small almond shaped eyes were rather admiring as his long lashes stood out.

             Who was this guy anyway? You had never seen him in this school before.

             "Yah Kim Himchan! Just your first in your new school and you're flirting already." Yongguk rushed out from the classroom as he slung his arm around the guy's shoulders. You looked at the two guys weirdly.

             "My bad, I forgot to introduce myself. Kim Himchan, just transferred this morning. Kim Hana?" He handed out his long and slender hands.

             You looked at them quirkily and just let out a small smile. Why does his name sound so familiar?

             "Kim Himchan?" You asked again, tilting your head a little.

             "So you remembered!" Himchan let out a huge beam as you laughed it off.

             That's right, you knew Himchan. His dad was one of your dad's colleague! You could say that he was probably one of the closest friends you have in you father's company. The two of you were only able to meet each other once in awhile in special occassions especially when there's a family dining reunion in the company itself. That will only be the time to spend time together and joke around.


             Yongguk just stood still in between the two of you, quite jealous seeing how comfortable you became around Himchan. Not soon after, the two of you exchanged warm hugs amongst each other.

             "Yah, I thought you forgot about me. You're grown up now!" Himchan ruffled your hair.

             You giggled, "Well I almost couldn't recognised you being all handsome. You still don't change do you?"

             Himchan scoffed and rolled his eyes dramatically, "What do you mean by that?"

             "Still being a flirt." You laughed it off.

             Ever since little, it was no secret that Himchan likes to flirt alot. Believe it or not, his witty attitude was one of his charms which even older girls would fall for. He was just that attractive to be able to get girls by the end of his finger.

             "It's my charm." Himchan huffed and popped his collar in arrogance.

             Yongguk then cut in, "Are you done reminiscing your old memories?"

             You shrugged. "Hana and I have something important to do now, don't we?" Yongguk took a grasp of your arm.

             You furrowed your eyebrows, "We do?"

            "Ice cream date, let's go." Himchan smirked as his eyes travelled to the both of you. Before Yongguk could even take a step forward, the slender Junmi stopped him.

            "Seems like you have two guys in one hand? Bang Yongguk and Kim Himchan?" You furrowed your eyebrows.

            "What do you want Junmi?" Yongguk questioned.

             Junmi crossed her arms and said, "What? Are you defending her now Yongguk?" You let go of his grip on your arm and looked down, shuffling your feet together.

            "We had plans so let's go." Junmi headed out, calling onto Yongguk.

            "Bang Yongguk, let's go." Junmi growled. Yongguk had no choice but to follow what she said. He just didn't want to fight with her in the middle of the school hallway.


            "Seems like you have a date with me." Himchan slung his arms across your shoulders and had a witty grin. You snickered and laughed.

            "Only if you treat me the ice creams." You smirked.

            "You really haven't change do you? Fine, I'll pay the tab."

             You locked your locker and quickly headed out to the school grounds. The both of you went to the nearest convenience store to get some ice cream. You didn't mind going out with Himchan since it had been a long time meeting him again and he was also a very outgoing guy too. Himchan was like a brother to you.

            "It's been what, 10 years meeting again?" Himchan scooped another round of ice cream into his mouth.

            You nodded.

            "Aren't you happy to see me?" Himchan asked.

            You nodded.

            Himchan nudged your ribs, trying to get your attention. "Yah, did you listen to me?"

            You nodded.

            Without even realising, Himchan took hold of your ice cream and held it on top of his head. You whined and started jumping to the best of your ability, trying to get your ice cream back.

            "Yah Kim Himchan, give me back!" Himchan stuck out his tongue and shook his head. You slapped his arm and jumped again, trying to get back your ice cream. You groaned, Himchan was being a fuss as always.

            "Fine, here you go." Himchan handed you back the ice cream.

            "Aish such a choding." You snickered and punched his arm lightly. (A/N : "choding" means an elementary school kid attitude.)

            "Yah, how could you say that? I'm hurt." Himchan placed a palm on his chest and pouted.

            You ended up laughing, grabbing the pits of your stomach as you held it in. Himchan then attacked you with his never ending tickles. You hated whenever he would tickle you because he knows your weak spot of it. You wiggled away from his grip. Himchan started grabbing the sides of your waist as he snuggled his head into your neck. 

            "Already doing skinships?" An arrogant voice called out.

            Both of you automatically stopped whatever you were doing and turned your head around, only to find Yongguk and Junmi standing together before you. This girl is like a spy somehow.

            "How can you trust her, Gukkie? She's flirting with your own best friend!" Junmi crossed her arms to her chest.

            "Hwang Junmi, you better stop whatever you're doing now. Don't let her get dragged into this." Himchan growled under his breath as he scanned Yongguk's face. 

             Himchan's warning was more of a joke to Junmi. She huffed, "Unbelieveable. How can you get two guys at the same time? I can't even do that. Look, your knight in shining armour is here to protect you right? I guess you don't need Yongguk now." 

             Your eyes narrowed as you felt both a pang of guilt inside of you and also a fiery anger. How could she say that? Himchan and Yongguk were both your best friends!

             "I'm guessing that Himchan is now Yongguk's replacement, right? In that case, don't you ever come close to Yongguk. Yongguk and I have an engagement to be done. Mess it up and you know it's gonna cost big time." Junmi growled, entering her car and sped off with Yongguk in it.

             "Engagement? T-They're getting married?"