Dinner

Childhood Sweetheart

 

 

             "Kid-" Your dad walked into the living room, only to spot two young lovebirds sleeping against each others heads.

             Any regular dad would probably be fuming with anger by then but your dad wasn't. Instead, a small smile was tugged at the end of his mouth. He shook his head, the both of you must be really tired. He walked back to the kitchen, cleaning the dishes as he sighed. If only your mother was still alive, she would probably be able to depict this cute scene that she always wanted for her daughter. Your mother was quite a dreamer when it comes to Yongguk.

             She would have lots of plans ahead for you and Yongguk to be done together. She didn't really mind if the two of you were to date when becoming older since furthermore, she thought it was reasonable enough to. The twins were counted as your parents' god sons. They really admired the twins and loved them like their own child. But that didn't stop them from allowing you to date Yongguk.

             You wiggled your body as you took in the wonderful scent of cologne, filling your nostrils. You didn't know that your pillow was this scented and you had to admit that it was rather nice to smell. Your hands tightened on the Yongguk's arms, thinking that it was your bolster. Yongguk fidgeted when your grip tightened on his arms as he snuggled deeply, taking in the scent of you hair shampoo. How can his fluffy pillow be smelling this good? He too, had to admit that he loved the feeling of it.

             The two of your were drifted away a long time in your dreamland when suddenly, a loud crashing sound jolt the two of you. Yongguk's ears perched up like a cat's ear while you fidgeted in your sleep. The both of you soon opened your eyes and blinked slowly, still in the same position as before.

             You travelled your eyes to Yongguk's milky skin, still half asleep. Yongguk yawned a little and positioned his head  better on top of yours. He too, looked down and saw himself leaning his head onto yours. The both of you jolted away when you realised what just happened, leaving a wide space in between.

             Your heart was racing rapidly. You didn't know why but you had butterflies in your stomach. Yongguk too, had the same feeling. He tried to recompose himself, not knowing why he had these emotions going on.

             It was just you and it had been normal for him to do this to any girl but this was just insane as every single move you took, his heart would be thumping loudly. Every silence became much more awkward as you slid away from the couch.

             "S-Sorry about what happened. I fell asl-"

             "You smell nice." Yongguk interrupted.

             You widened your eyes in surprise as you heard what just came out from his mouth. Did he just said what you thought he just said? Sure he did.

             "Err I'm sorry, I fell asleep and thought you were a pillow." Yongguk scratched his head, upon the awkwardness.

             You scoffed, oh he was just trying to act all flirty like any playboy and wanted to cover up. "Oh you're awake. The plate fell and crashed on the floor. I see the two of you had a good nap.." Your dad smirked.

             You turned your head and gave a piercing glare to the old man. As your dad walked into the kitchen to set up the table, you quickly followed suit him. Your cheeks were definitely burning as hell now. You honestly didn't know that you fell asleep on Yongguk's shoulder but sure as hell, you liked it.

             His beautiful cologne scent still lingers around you. You placed your palm on your chest, still having the loud and fast thumping of your heart. Rather than feeling embarrassed about it, you felt quite impressed and liked it.

             "Enjoyed your nap?" Your dad came in and let out a chuckle.

             You shot him a glare, "Not funny." You retorted.

             "You liked it nonetheless right?" Your dad teased you again. If looks can kill, your dad would definitely be dead by your glare right now. You groaned, ignoring the old man of yours. He can be really annoying at times, especially when he's in the mood to.

             You bravely placed the plates on the table, trying to avoid eye contact with Yongguk. You didn't want him to see you blushing. "Look, your cheeks are red!" Your dad pointed out again. If only you could strangle him.

             "Stop it, I say." You pointed it your dad as he trudged off. You slapped your cheeks real hard, a habit that you always had to stop blushing.

             "What are you doing?" A low and husky voice was heard. You shuddered, what great timing.

             "N-Nothing. Sit down, dinner is ready in a minute." You stuttered, still not making eye contact.

             Yongguk smirked, he knew what you were doing. It was your habit you inherited from your mom since you were little. Whenever someone compliments you, your face will definitely turn red. The only way to make it stop was to slap yourself. It had been a habit ever since and Yongguk smiled a little, reminiscing the moment.

 

***



             "Aigoo, look! I told you it's nice." Your mom pointed out, admiring your beautiful dress.

             You twirled around for her, "You really think so?" Your mom nodded enthusiastically. You were not a big fan of dresses since little, thinking it'll look ugly on you. However this time, you had to admit that you did love wearing this dress. It was your dad's annual company dinner and the whole family was invited. Since it was a dinner, the dress code had to be a formal wear.

             You looked down on the floral prints and beamed, you actually loved it for the first time. You wondered how Yongguk would react when he would see this. "My little princess is all dressed up!" Your dad exclaimed, pulling you into a bear hug.

             You giggled and played with your hair. So this was how it feels like to be feminine and lady-like. You had always dreamt of wearing such dresses and high heels like your mom always wore. You had a big dream to grow up and looked beautiful as ever to wear those but you never had the courage and confidence to. This dress was definitely to your liking. You walked outside, taking a seat on the edge of the stairs while putting on your baby shoes.


             "Eo, where are you going?" A chirpy voice asked.

             You looked up and beamed when you saw Yongguk standing before you. "We're going to have dinner with dad's company." You answered.

             "Hana, annyeong!" Yongnam waved at you, wiggling his little legs to the staircase. You laughed and waved back.

             "So, you're not going to watch some movies with us?" Yongguk asked, feeling rather dissapointed. You nodded. Suddenly, there was a huge pang of guilt engulfed in you.

             "Sorry but it was last minute." You apologised, hoping you could make it up somehow.

             "Kwaenchana, there will always be another time!" Yongnam squealed and consoled his twin.

             Yongguk nodded and showed a small smile. "I thought you didn't like wearing dresses?" Yongnam pointed to your floral printed dress.

             "Yeah but I like this one. Does it suit me?" You asked. Yongnam nodded and showed a thumbs up while Yongguk just looked at you.

             "Pretty. As always." He mumbled. Your face flushed red upon the comment. You slapped your cheeks a little, stopping yourself from blushing.

             Yongguk tilt his head, "Why did you slap yourself?" You let out a silly laugh and shook your head. "Aigoo, you're just making yourself to stop blushing!" Yongguk suddenly got the point and let out a small laugh.

             "Kyeopta." Yongguk mumbled softly while your face flushed red again.

             "Stop it." You gave him a deafening glare, warning him to stop.

             "Oh hey you little twins. Where were you going?" Your mom came out of the door and tackled the little boys with smooches.

             "Out to buy something." Yongnam exclaimed.

             "Alright, let's go now or not we'll be late." Your mom held your hand.

             "You're going already?" Yongnam asked. You nodded and gave a pitied look to the twins.

             "I'll make it up to you!" You called out, entering the car. Yongguk looked solemnly and nodded.

             "Tomorrow afternoon at the playground as per normal!" Yongguk called out. You turned your head from the window and nodded in agreement. "Come back fast or I'll miss you!" Yongguk called out again as the car moved out of the driveway. You beamed at his cheekiness and waved goodbye.

 

***



             "Yongguk, here." Your dad passed some spaghetti onto his plate while the young man nodded. You started digging into your food, as you stuffed spaghetti into your hungry stomach. Yongguk too, started digging in. Somehow soon, you felt uncomfortable as you felt like someone was watching you. You looked up, and your eyes laid on Yongguk's.

             Yongguk broke the contact as soon as he saw you taking a glance at him. Yongguk wondered around the house, thinking why was it only the two of you there. Where was your mom? This was the question that you wanted to avoid. He wanted to open up his mouth and ask but he thought it was better to not meddle with other people's lives.

             "This is nice." Yongguk pointed out while you dad beamed from ear to ear.

             "Let me get that." Your dad stood up as the phone rang, leaving the two of you in a awkward state. You digged in more, fulfilling your hungry state. Yongguk let out a small laugh as he saw you stuffing your mouth with the food.

             "What are you laughing at?" You shot him.

             "You haven't even change a single bit. At this age you must already know how to eat in a feminine way." Yongguk advised you.

             You gasped and raised a brow, "Are you saying I'm not feminine and lady-like?"

             "I didn't say anything but you can put it that way if you want." Yongguk shrugged his shoulders. You rolled your eyes, guys will always be guys. "Hey, you have something there." Yongguk pointed out.

             You brushed you small little fingers everywhere on your lips but nothing came in touch. "Why must every woman do that, pretending like they don't know?" Yongguk leaned in and wiped the bit of spaghetti sauce near your chin.

             You furrowed your eyebrows but softened when he did the small gesture. "I really didn't know!" You protested.

             Yongguk huffed again, "Yeah right." You wanted to protest but then your dad came into the kitchen after the call. You gave Yongguk a piercing stare of yours and continued eating. You could still feel the softness and warmthness of his hands. All Yongguk did was one small gesture but it made your heart race rapidly. In the corner of your eyes, Yongguk was smirking and smiling his little smug face away while looking at you hiding your red tinted marks on the cheeks.