Operation Hate

Childhood Sweetheart

 

 

(A/N : I'm using  Italic  fonts for the flashbacks.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

             The breezy air rustled the small twigs and branches as the sky was painted with orange pastel mixtures. "Yongguk, what do you want to be when you grow up?" The 5 year old petite and slender girl asked, holding onto the sides of the swing as a support.

             The boy turned his head to the side, sunlight shining onto his flawless chubby face. "I've always wanted to rap." He flashed his gummy smile as your insides tingled looking at the dashing side of him.  

             You hummed, "Why a rapper? Don't you have anything else?" The question struck him. Then, a genuine smile spreaded across him mouth.

             "It's cool. I've wanted to be a lyricist too. If it's possible, I want to be a well known lyricist that conveys a true, genuine message through my music." You took in all of his words one by one.

             Eventhough he was just 6 years old, he has a really big dream. None of the 6 year olds can have a really big dream that they want to pursue. Yongguk was really something. You looked at your best friend, he's aura made you inspired by himself. "And, I've always wanted to be with the person that I love. I want to marry her and be happy just like my parents." He continued.

             You turned and faced his beautiful face. "I hope that person is you." Yongguk ended his statement with a flash of his gummy smile. Your cheeks blushed and you smiled.

             "I hope so too." The two of you exchanged glances as you slid next to him, sitting side by side. "I just want to get married now." You scowled.

             Yongguk let out a low chuckle as he ruffled your hair. "Not now you idiot. We have to grow up and study first. After that, we have to work.."

             You cut in, "Then we can get married!" Yongguk laughed again at your antics.

             You had always dreamt of marrying Yongguk eventhough it seemed to be too much for a 5 year old to be thinking that way. Let's just say that the both of you can't be separated. You must always do everything with the twins. He was your partner in crime. You went through ups and downs with him like the time when the both of you got scolded on rolling on the mud and coming back home really dirty, thinking that it'll be cool to be acting like pigs for once. There was also the time when he protected you against the neighbourhood bullies, giving them a piece of mind not to even lay a single touch on you.

             "What do you want to be when you grow up?" Yongguk's chirpy voice said.

             You turned to the boy and wondered. "I've always enjoyed looking at people taking photographs. It's really nice."

             Yongguk suddenly spoke, "Let's say if one day I've become a rapper, you have to be my photographer! You'll be my girl photographer!"

             You jumped from the swing and landed on the soft sand, "Call!" The both of you chorused. The sky was getting darker as the both of you went home, going on your separate ways. You ran inside your house and slammed yourself onto your mom's embrace. "Mom, Yongguk said he wants to marry me when we grow up!" The tall brunette lady smiled and tapped your nose.

             "You're only 5 and you're thinking about these stuffs." A loud coughing sound were heard as a tall, grown up and hansome man entered the kitchen.

             "Did I heard something about marrying?" Your dad raised a brow.

             "Yongguk will marry me when we grow up!" You chirped again.

             Your parents laugh and exhanged glances, "Well, I don't see why I should be angry then." Your mom shot a glance and hit your dad's chest playfully.

             You never thought it was wrong to be thinking that way since you were little.You rather thought that it was really fascinating. Everything about growing up was a wonder to you. Thinking that you'll be able to be with your chilhood sweetheart was more than a fantasy to you.

 

***
 


             There it goes again, the dream. Yongguk got up from his bed and placed a palm on his forehead. His whole body was sweating when he was under the covers. He took a sip of water from the side of the desk and laid back onto his fluffy pillow. He wasn't be able to sleep right after having that dream. Was it some sort of sign?

             Yongguk ruffled his hair, annoyed. Why didn't he admitted that he was the Bang Yongguk that you've been missing all these time? His feelings for you are now nothing, it's just ashes. Thinking about the dream, he regretted it. He can't force himself to like you and that was a problem.

             Besides, will you be able to accept him again if you know that he's changed? Not change for the better but to a much worser state. He was cold and really snobbish before.

             To him, everybody was ugly. He could never afford to have a really permanent girlfriend. Every single one of them were just temporary as he took one by one for granted, only for his pleasure. He needed to do something about this. He cannot let you know that he was your childhood sweetheart.

             Yongguk had no choice but to make him hate you so that you could forget about him and move on since he doesn't have any feelings for you. He was even confused with his own thoughts. But what he doesn't know is that by making you hating on him, he is trying to protect you.

             Yongguk really doesn't have any choice but to make you hate him. He had been worst lately. He didn't even acknowledged you there and he didn't thank you for your help to pass his tests. Yes, he was mean but he just had to. He thought that by making you hate on him, you will be gone forever in his life and he will not be breaking your heart in case you confess your love to him since little.

             He didn't know that that's worse than breaking your heart. That's just breaking you, yourself and your dreams these whole time. Soon, Yongguk fell into his deep slumber thinking about his plan in his dreams.

             "Yongguk, where were you yesterday?" Junmi, his girlfriend asked. Yongguk diverted his attention to the slender girl and rubbed her cheeks.

             "I had my stupid tuition with that Hana girl." Junmi then crossed her arms, looking both annoyed and angry.

             "You ditched me at the restaurant and went to meet that girl?" Yongguk's warm eyes met hers and his soothinf voice filled her ears.

             "No, Ms Jung forced me to. I'm sorry, Junmi." Junmi couldn't really stay mad at him while she softened, giving him a small peck on the cheek.


             A small smirk formed on the end of Yongguk's mouth. He wondered, his charms were great enough that he was able to lure any random hot girls to make her fall head over heels on him.

             But then, some things changed when you, Kim Hana came along. He seemed to be more cautious about his attitude and behaviour. No matter how hard he tried, his addiction kept luring him and he knew that he had no choice but to forget about his chilhood sweetheart.

             Everyday was the same routine. The both of you would do some tutoring with each other. But this time, you noticed that something was definitely wrong with Yongguk. He seemed more fierce and just out of shape.

             "Are you alright?" You asked when the both of you took a break from your long due tutoring. Yongguk just nodded, continuing on his assignment.

             "You can take a break if you want." You acknowledged him, just trying to start a conversation. Yongguk just merely shook his head. You huffed and shrugged, this was pointless. You're trying to catch his heart back but he seemed too stubborn to open up to you.

             You looked at the clock as you realised that the two of you had been sitting there and doing assignments for almost 3 hours. Your stomach grumbled, as you held the pits of your stomach and bit your lip. Yongguk heard the light grumbling and smirked.

             "D-Do you want something to eat?" You asked, still holding onto your stomach.

             "No thanks." Yongguk muttered, not even bothering to make eye contact. Then, a light grumbling sound came from his stomach. You smirked, not hungry eh?

             "Ramyun?" You asked. Yongguk's warm eyes met yours, a slight hint of adoreness in it while he nodded slowly.

***

             "Look, I bought some ramyun!" The chubby boy ran across the street, holding onto two plastic bags on each hand. You turned and rolled your eyes, nobody can stop Bang Yongguk with his addiction of ramyun. You were never a fan of ramyun but because of this little fella, you learnt to enjoy it.

             Yongguk can never leave his meal on ramyun even for one day. Eventhough he is a glutton when it comes to ramyun, he always had this really stable weight. You looked rather amused at the boy, stuffing a few more noodles into his mouth full of anxiety. "Mhmdm Eat up mhfm" Yongguk mumbled in between his words.

             You tilt your head as you stared at the bowl full of gravy. You winced, unamused as you had never tasted ramyun and you've always thought it was disgusting. Your taste buds were not impressed. Yongguk looked up, wondering why you were not eating.

             "You don't like it?" He asked. You let out a silly laugh and scratched your head.

             "Ani, I like it. I'm just not hungry." You mumbled.

             Yongguk chuckled as he nudged your elbow, "Eii c'mon, just try it!"

             You hesitated again, not sure whether to try or not. Yongguk saw your hesitation and placed the spoon full of noodles in front of you, attempting to feed it to you. You looked at him and raised a brow. "I told you I'm not hungry."

             Yongguk shooked his head in disapproval, "I know you're scared to try it. C'mon, try it! I know you'll love it!"

             You glanced at the spoon full of gravy and noodles then back to his anxious face. Just this once, it's not even going to kill you. You slowly took a sip of the gravy as your eyes lit up upon the spicyness. Then, you took in all the noodles as you swallowed it slowly, enjoying the aroma and unique taste to it. Your eyes rounded with surprise as the noodles slid in your throat. 

              It was spicy but apart from that, it was definitely delicious. The spicyness gave it a little kick. Yongguk's eyes widened, waiting for your criticism. 

            "So..?"

            "I... like it!" You exclaimed, showing a thumbs up as Yongguk cheered on and gave a high five.

            "I told you that you would like it!" He sipped another noodle inside his mouth. "Ramyun is like me." 

            Your furrowed your eyebrows, what the hell is he talking about now? "Mwoh?"

             "When the spicyness and smell entered your nostrils, you don't like it at first. Like when the first time you met me, you thought I was a gangster since I had a really fierce face." He paused. "But when it enters your mouth, you like it as it's very delicious! When you got to know me and hang out with me, you tend to like me more don't you?" Yongguk exclaimed.

             You laughed and you felt your cheeks burnt. "Aish, where did you get all these cheesiness from?! That's so old fashioned." You teased. 

            Yongguk's eyes widened as he stood up and ran to catch your small body. The both of ran around each other as you fell, still laughing as hard as you could when Yongguk offered his palm.

 

updated only one chapter for today, sorry guys TT

i wanted to create a fluffy & really cute chapter but idk if it's good enough 

lol, i always failed at doing these kinds of fluffy chapters hahaha

tumblr_mvr42niucT1s2gg27o1_400.gif 

Key is like the most funniest and has that diva factor inside of him, how can you not love him?!

 

There's going to be MBC Korean Music Wave here in Singapore and I'm not able to go boohoo TT

image