Absent

Childhood Sweetheart

 

 

            Right after the incident that happened before, you were absent from school for a few days. Make it a week. Not only you were absent but you became much more distant than everyone. Even your friends. You just couldn't bring yourself to actually go to school and get discriminated at again. 

             Also, your relationship with Yongguk distant too. Everything just seemed so awkward after that. It wasn't him but it was you. Breaking down in front of him was the most weakest and embarrassing thing that you had ever done. You never wanted him to see you breaking down. 

            Sure enough, your dad was called in too because of the previous incident. Apparently, Junmi made a report on you slapping her. You couldn't possibly do anything about it because in reality, money comes first and her parents can almost sue anyone who lay a finger on her. You were basically a normal person, can't evn match your standards with her.

             Being absent from school was both depressing and relaxing. It was one of those excuses that gave you the time to sit there and drown yourself in your own troubles, cries. But it was also one of those moments where you'll be unexpectedly alone, no one to talk to except for your dad.

              Like any other parent, your dad was fuming with anger when he got to know about the fact that you had slap the sense out of one of the greatest tycoon's daughter. You sat there, basically numb in your own feelings as he hurled his punishments to you.

              You could also appreciate the fact that some of your friends actually bothered to drop off some of your school notes right after school, to help you learn all the things that you had missed out. But you still felt something amiss. Surely enough, you knew that Yongguk wouldn't have the courage to step at the front porch of your house to come and visit you.

               Everyday you would fight against your own feelings and thoughts, debating that he would eventually come and ask if you were doing fine. Apart of you didn't want to see him over what he did but deep inside, you wished he would. 

               Not only that you were worried about that. You were worried about your dad too. He had been working non-stop, basically working for the whole week. Whenever he comes home, he would be exhausted. when he's exhausted, it was rather easy for him to fall sick. His coughs would be deadly serious and his forehead would be burning.

               For days and days you would find yourself staring out into the plainless window, watching the shadows pass by and the sun sets. You wasn't able to feel like your own self. For a moment there, you were lost in your own world and not caring what is actually happening in reality.

               Now, you find yourself walking into the large gate as you saw nurses and patients walking around. The smell of medicine was vivid in your nostrils, making your way to the fifth floor. As you turned to reach the room, your hand shivered. 

               A small smile was plastered on your face as you saw the lifeless old man resting onto the bed. Tubes and needles were injected in his veins, almost every single part of it to let the clogged blood pass through. You sat down on the cushioned chair, interlacing your fingers with his.

               "How are you feeling today?" Your voice cracked a little.

               "Never better," He showed a small, but yet vivid toothy grin.

               Your dad closed his eyes, breathing in heavily as you followed suit. You never imagines yourself to be coming in again to this hospital, watching your love ones resting on the hospital bed. You looked to his desk as you saw the food, now cold, still untouched. Your heart broke immediately as you saw too how skinny he had been.

                Depressions and stress took over his body. He had to be taken alot of pills to let his body get into a uniform state. His life now depended on the pills. He worked so hard, trying to find money for the household and for you but he didn't know that he had been working too much.

                You rested your head onto the side of the bed, still holding onto his wrinkled and slender fingers. Tracing small shapes on them, you found him soundly asleep. You took the untouched food and threw it into the bin, sighing as well. 

                 "It's time for his medication." The nurse barged in, holding a tray of bottled pills.

                Your mouth turned into a straight line, pursing them together. "I'll feed it to him, thank you."

                You took the tray from her grip and set it down on the desk beside him. You stared at the lifeless body as his eye twitched a little, opening his fluttering eyelids slowly. As you shoved the medication into his hands, he pushed it away. Refusing to take it, he grumbled incoherent words under his breath.

                 "Dad, you have to take this," You pleaded.

                 He shook his head in rebel. You tried again but this time, he threw the pills across the room as he glared at them before turning turning his body to the other side. You sighed, grabbing them into your fists and threw them into the bin.

                 "Please, don't make this so hard. It's for your own good," You appealed again, hoping that he would change his mind.

                 "I can live without those pills! They only made my life worst!" He clamored in rebel.

                 Your heart stung. Your legs to you to out of the ward. As soon as you were out from his sight, your fists were clenched to the sides as hot tears streamed down your red cheeks. You stood by the front door, sliding down against it as you choked a sob. Your numb limbs were now seated on the floor, huddling yourself together as you were only able to hold back a cry.

                

idkey i actually cried writing this chapter o.o

sorry for the short chapter but I'll try to do a longer one tmw! <33

that's what she said.