He Will Still Be

Childhood Sweetheart

 

 

            You stared into the white ceiling above you and drowned yourself in cries for the nth time of the day. You lost yourself for the rest of the week. You didn't know what actually happened to you, not coming out of the house. Is it because of love sick? You doubt it. Your dad was worried sick when you locked yourself in your room for the whole day.

            You just didn't want to deal with anyone. Not right after your disasterous state. They say young love don't last forever. You doubt it again but turns out it was real. Young love never lasts forever because one might be too naive upon their other partner while the other would just mess everything up. You're the naive one, thinking that it's easy to put your trust on people too much and believe that good things will always happen just because you don't have much experience in love.

            Now you felt a huge stupidity just fell onto yourself. Why did you put your trust too much onto Yongguk, thinking that he wasn't actually any other guy? That's right, because you were too in love with him till you're not even bothered by his real actions. This is what young love does, make you feel vulnerable and forget about the whole world. 

            You're vulnerable.

            All those sugar coated words that you once believed in made you cringe in disgust now. Oh how you hated him, having to lie to you using all those sweet words. Oh how you hated yourself to be able to believe all the things that he said and everything that he did for you. 

            It wasn't easy for Yongguk too. He knew you would be crying yourself to sleep. He knew you would be lying to yourself thinking that everything will go fine as long as you won't be meeting him. He knew that you're just trying to make yourself feel much better just by creating those lies to yourself. He knew what he did to you made you broken and torn apart.

            Oh how he hated himself having to put himself in such a stupid bet. He also had his insecurities and one of them is losing you. He didn't thought that he would be losing you that face. How disgusting was he. Just sitting and lounging around, crying himself to sleep wouldn't do any good. He had to get up his and do something about it. He can't afford himself to lose such a beautiful young woman who once changed his life upside down. He can't afford to lose the love of his life, the other part of him.

            You grabbed your school bag and trudged off to school. If only it was summer right now, the holidays would make you drown yourself into sleep and hibernate for as long as you want to so that you won't have to see that jerk's face. Not even Junmi's face. 

            As soon as you entered the long hallway, everyone directed their attention to you. You hated these kinds of attention because it will only make you feel small and weak of yourself. They started whispering something into each other's ears. Oh how you hated this. You've always wanted to be popular and be the centre of attraction but hey, not this kind.

            "Is she the one, that Yongguk bet on?"

            "Well, no wonder Junmi hates her. She thinks she can hang out with Yongguk just because they're chilhood friends."

            "How can she be so stupid? Doesn't she know Yongguk is already like that? I thought she was smart enough."

            Stupid. Stupid people gossiping about you just want to make you puke. You pulled on your hoodie over your head and made your way to the locker. So far, so good. You hadn't see or even hear about Yongguk.

            "Oh look, she came back to school." A snorty voice came about.

            You didn't have time for this. You plugged in your earphones as you set it to the highest volume. It felt so good to be able to let your ears being blocked out so that you won't be listening to any talking. As soon as the crowd dispersed, you went through to your usual classroom. You saw both Himchan and Yongguk in their seats, looking rather grim.

             As soon as you entered the classroom, both of them directed their gaze at you. You pulled your hoodie in more, not wanting to even look at them as you tried to focus on the beat of the song. You plopped yourself onto your seat and plugged off your earphones off as soon as the teacher enters. 

             Yongguk would always steal glances at you but you never looked at him. Even if he does show a small smile, you would be ignoring or either roll our eyes at him. It hurted you to roll your eyes at him but it hurted you even more that Yongguk didn't even try to apologise. You didn't know if you were able to accept his apology if he were to do so. It's not easy for someone to forget about something that literally broke their heart, making it torn apart. 

             During lunch, you took yourself to the rooftop. You weren't hungry and neither did you have any appetite to eat. You thought you were safe from all the gossips and stuffs but you didn't know that you were wrong. 

             As you were walking down the stairs, a cold water was splashed upon your clothes. There were giggles, coming from above your head. Giggles sounded from a group of girls. 

             "Oh god, sorry! We didn't see you there." 

             Well then, you. You stomped your feet and made your way to the bathroom. You didn't want to fight. There's no point fighting against those kind of people because all they want is attention. You weren't going to fight. You were taught by two great adults that you should never fight against such people because they just want some attention. 

 

              "Promise me that no matter what happens, you'll have to be strong. For me."

 

              You sighed. You had to be strong, for your mom. You didn't want to look so weak. You knew this was just the beginning and a lot more will come your way. You had to be strong. 

              When you were done cleaning your clothes, you walked back out only to see yourself being blocked. You rolled your eyes, some poeple just don't give up do they? You knew Junmi would never stop all her bad doings. She just loves to do it.

              "I see you got wet." She smirked a little.

              "Obviously, you have eyes." You retorted, making the blonde gasping a little upon your remarks.

              She huffed a little before continuing, "Just remember. This is the beginning. Endure it as much as you can because it's going to get pretty ugly as soon as we continue it."

              You weren't going to stand there and gulp like any other timid girl. If she wants to play this bullying game, then so be it. You're going to handle it as much as you can. "Bring it on. I want to see how long you're going to make me your target." 

              Junmi smirked again, totally anticipating your enthusiasm. "I like her." She leaned in to your ears as she whispered into them, "Be prepared." 

              As soon as she walked off, you rolled your eyes and grunted. Sometimes, you just wished that you could just transfer or go somewhere far from here. Before you could even walk off, someone held you by the arm before twisting you to the direction. You found yourself standing before Yongguk as he looked a little worried.

              "What are you thinking of doing? How can you be brave against her? She's going to ruin you, you know that?" Yongguk held you by the arm as you yanked yours away.

              "You don't have to act like you care." You walked off.

              But before you could even walk away, Yongguk stopped you. "I'm not going to let you put yourself in danger."

              You've had enough. Your anger was really boiling, " You know what Yongguk, you just stay back and enjoy the show. That's what you love to do right? You don't have to act like you're my black knight or something."

              He ruffled his head and grabbed you by the shoulders, "You don't know the real story behind the bet! No matter what, I'm going to save you from everything that's going to come in your way."

               "Let me go, Yongguk!" You tried to wiggle away from his grip. ".. You should have saved me earlier on and not now. Just leaveme alone and don't ever try to talk to me. I've had enough."

               You took your legs and walked out of the large doors, leaving Yongguk in despair and anger. He knew you would act like that. Because of this, everything is going to be worst. He was extremely frustrated, why the hell would you go against Junmi? But no matter what, he knew that he would still be behind your back. He would be your knight in shining armour. He wouldn't want you to be sufferring in these things alone. If you were going to suffer, he will suffer along with you. 

                He would do anything, possible evrything to take back your heart. It wasn't easy but he was determined enough to do so. If he was the one who made you cry, he will be the onewho made you smile. If he was the cause of why every single tear keep dripping down your eyes, he would be determined to keep those tears and make you feel loved again. He's not going to stop just like that.

                He was your everything.

                And he will still be.