Gukkie Cooking

Childhood Sweetheart

 

 

***

 

             You took your small little legs to the soft sand and wiggled against it. You giggled at the tingling feeling as you tried to find everywhere for Yongguk. From the corner of your eyes, you saw the small and petite little boy taking a seat on the swing. You dashed your way towards him as your ponytail was swinging back and forth, excited to see Yongguk.

             "Yongguk!" Your chirpy and squeaky voice called out.

             Yongguk narrowed his eyes on your direction as he beamed and waved back. You noticed something was wrong with him. He wasn't that cheerful as he would have been like always. His smile was forced. Just by reading his facial expression, you knew something was wrong but you didn't want to speak up.

             "What are you doing here?" You asked.

             "Don't I always come here? Look what I got." Yongguk took out a soft toy from his small bag. Your furrowed and narrowed eyes then suddenly widened in excitement as you saw the cute Tigger soft toy. It was really squishy and cute as you squeezed it's nose.

             "When did you get it?" You squeaked.

             Yongguk chuckled, "I got it just awhile ago. Isn't it cute?" You nodded excitedly as you took it away from Yongguk, still playing with it. Then, Yongguk sat down on the swing as he held his head down, totally immersed in his own deep thoughts.

             You took another glance at Yongguk and took a seat beside the swing next to him. Silence took over as you saw Yongguk kept mumbling something to himself. Then, you took Tigger to face you.

             "Tigger, what do you think our Gukkie is thinking about? He seemed like a crazy guy, talking to himself right?" A small chuckled came from Yongguk as he took the Tigger away from your grip, making you pout.

             "What did you call me just now?" Yongguk questioned. You widened your eyes and mouth to protest but a small smirk formed to the end of the 6 year old's mouth.

             "Umma just told us that we may be living with Grandma for the meantime. I don't know actually but I don't want to." You nodded, totally understanding what he meant.

             "It's alright, it's only for the meantime. It's not going to hurt you."

             "But I'm not going to see you for a few weeks then." Yongguk whined.

             You chuckled at his silliness, "Pabo. You'll still be coming home after a few weeks with your Grandma."

             You took the Tigger away from Yongguk again and spoke to it. "Our Tigger have to take care of Gukkie okay? Make sure he eats well and plays well too when he's at his Grandma's."

             Yongguk smiled and pinched your cheeks. "Gukkie? I love it." Yongguk chuckled before snatching the Tigger away from you again as you took the chance to make a dash on catching the soft toy back from Yongguk.

 

***



             You took the bar of chocokate from the table as opened the wrapper. As you were about to take a bite of it, Yongguk snatched it away from you.

             You opened your mouth to protest, "Yah that's mine! Give me back!" Yongguk's mouth was tugged into a small smile as he furrowed his eyes as well and handed out his forefinger to wiggle it in front of you, dissaproving to give it back.

             "What makes you think you're getting this when you're sick?" Yongguk shook his head and placed the chocolate beside him.

             You whined and rolled your eyes, what was wrong of consuming something sweet when you're sick? You've been sick and tired of eating watery and disgusting flavoured porridge. You needed something sweet to change your taste bud. You reached out your hands again to get the bar but Yongguk extended it out, not even trying to get you close to it.

             You landed your fist on your lap and made a grimaced face. You scrunched your nose up and narrowed your eyes, a habit that you always had when you're annoyed. Yongguk chuckled a little as he saw your cute actions and he leaned in to pinch your cheeks. He had a soft spot for that as he took a bite from the chocolate and let out a soft, satisfying moan. You rolled your eyes again, this was getting rather annoying.

             "Are you angry?" Yongguk questioned.

             You didn't answer and yet, you tried to distract yourself by watching the television. "Aish I can't stand girls looking all grumpy. Here, open wide." Yongguk pushed the chocolate to your lips. You narrowed your eyes, are you going to eat this? You had been craving for it but to think of it, he had already taken a bite from the chocolate.

             "It's fine if you don't want. Don't go whining at me that I didn't gave you." Yongguk then nagged.

             Before he could take away the chocolate, you grabbed his hand and took a bite from the chocolate. Oh the creamy texture filled inside your mouth as you smiled instantly, making Yongguk smile too.

             "Pabo." Yongguk muttered as he let out a soft giggle looking at the way you were being all silly.

             It was nearly dinnertime as your stomach started growling. Your headache was getting much better all thanks to Yongguk who insist on giving you medicine.

             "What do you want for dinner?" Yongguk suddenly came out from the kitchen with a pink apron.

             You bursted out laughing. "Hahahaha what's that? Are you going to cook?" You held the pits of your stomach. But then, you held your head again from the headache that was coming back.

             "Yes and no, you're not going to help me." Yongguk prevented you quickly.

             You scunched your nose, "No, I'm not going to let you burn my kitchen down!"

             Yongguk widened his eyes and gasped. "Are you trying to say that my cooking is bad?"

             You shook your head. Yongguk regained his breathing and smiled, thinking you were joking. "No, your cooking is terrible. Now move." You bumped your hips onto his as he stumbled his way and hit the cupboard.

             "Can you even do better than me, woman?" Yongguk retorted as you glared at him and nodded.

             "Aish move. I really want to cook for you so you can rest." Your heart softened.

             He really had wanted to cook for you and with that condition of yours, he didn't want you to be moving around as much. Yongguk took you by the shoulder and set you to lie down on the couch. You honestly felt your cheeks burning as your heart started fluttering as before.

             Your relationship with Yongguk had become much more natural and it was if the two of you were a couple. You looked at the clock as you sighed again, your dad might not even be coming back home. It had already been 30 minutes passed after you were just laying down on the couch doing nothing.

             You stood up and groggily made your way to the kitchen where Yongguk was still cooking. You furrowed your eyebrows, you didn't know that he knows how to cook. All he knew was to cook ramyun and that's all. The sweet aroma came to your nostrils as you breathed it in. As you got closer, the aroma of the chicken broth can be smell.

             "Uwah, this looks delicious!" Your eyes twinkled with delight as you took a spoon to stir the broth when Yongguk beat you to it.

             "No, you sit down."


             You whined. "I didn't get to do anything. You want me to cut some vegetables?" You took a seat on the dining table and started cutting onto the vegetables thinly.

             Unfortunately, Yongguk took you by the wrist and set the kitchen knife down. "I told you to rest. Why aren't you listening to me? Aish, you're so stubborn." Yongguk raised his voice.

             You dropped your gaze and sighed. You knew he was already annoyed and agitated. You sat properly on the kitchen chair and smiled. "Alright, I'm not going to do anything but just let me look at you cook? It's so boring watching the television alone." You smiled sweetly again.

             Yongguk's heart fluttered for the nth time again today. He flashed his gummy smiled and went back to work, "Now be a good girl."

             You rested your head onto the table as you watched Yongguk cook. It may sound idiotic but his back was really beautiful. His broad shoulders really gave you that impression of his well built body as his slim body matches his waist. The way he cooks was delicate and not panicky. You were honestly quite nervous when he volunteered to cook because you never knew he would be able to.

             But as time goes by, you admire him more knowing that he knows how to cook. Most guys don't usually bother to learn how to cook. This made your heart flutter again. You didn't know if you were even able to confess your feelings towards him since he made you go crazy everytime over his own acts. If only he knew you liked him, things would have gotten much easier and you wouldn't be feeling so awkward talking to him.

             "Hey Himchan. Yes, I'm at her house. Now what do you want?" Yongguk growled over the phone, totally annoyed with Himchan. You looked as he rolled his eyes in annoyance and handed you the phone. "Himchan's asking about you." You nodded and took the phone to yor ear to listen.

             You could have sworn that Yongguk would always steal glances at you to try to guess what you were talking about. "Yes Himchan, I'm fine. Oh, can you believe it that Yongguk is cooking?" You mumbled, trying not to let Yongguk heard the conversation.

             "You must be kidding me. Yongguk never cooks I tell you. If he does, you're lucky then."

             Your eyebrows turned into straight ones, "I was scared at first that he would burn the kitchen down. You know, boys." You continued.

             Yongguk heard you as he raised a brow and turned to look at you. "I heard you." He growled as you giggled heartily.

             Himchan then answered, "I gotta go. Hey, take care of yourself okay and don't forget to eat those medicin-"

             "Alright Himchan, I get it!" You laughed as Yongguk suddenly snatched the phone away from your grip.

             "And Yongguk, don't you dare do anything stupid with my Hana!" Yongguk laughed as a small smirk formed on the edge of his mouth.

             "Hang up, Channie. I'll see you soon." With that, Yongguk ended off the phone call as he continued cooking.

             "Hey, could you taste this?" Yongguk held out a spoon as he leaned in to feed you.

             You hesitated at first but he kept insisting you to taste it which leaves you no choice but to let him feed you the food. You closed your eyes as the flavours started to blend in inside your mouth. When you opened your fluttering eyelids, you saw Yongguk's face just inches away from yours. You back away as his mouth formed a small smirk.

              "How is it? Is it okay?" You nodded.

              "You know, I feel like we're a married couple." Yongguk suddenly spoke, making you choke on your food. You coughed loudly as he rushed to your aid.

              "Wae, is it not nice?" Yongguk joked about the food, making you cough again.

              You nodded and grimaced, "There's too much pepper!" You tried to change the topic as Yongguk hid his small smirk from his mouth. 

              Soon, the both of you had already eaten dinner as Yongguk cleaned the dishes. Still, he insisted on letting you rest and making him do all the work. "Hana, eat your medicine!" Yongguk called out again.

              You grimaced and shook your head unwillingly, "No! I am not going to eat it!" 

              Yongguk sighed, it was hard to let you eat a medicine. Well, who likes eating medicine anyways? Yongguk took out the pills and a cup of water to the living room. He also took the other bottle of medicine. "Fine, if you're not going to eat it the I'll make you eat it."

              You scooted your way over Yongguk, knowing that he's trying to make you eat the medicine. "C'mon, open up." He pleaded again. You shook your head.

              Without anyone asking him to do, Yongguk started showing his aegyos to you. "Eat the medicines well please~" He held out his fist near his cheeks to make a cute squeak from his low voice, making you giggle. 

              "Fine fine, I'll eat it." Yongguk took the pills and inserted it inside your mouth as he fed you the bottle of medicined syrup without the both of you knowing how comfortable you have got. Yongguk then sat beside you and covered you with his leather jacket. He sighed slowly, totally enjoying the night. It was already late as the two of you were still at your house.

              "Guk, do you mind staying over tonight? I.. Well, I hate being alone at home." You stuttered.

              "Are you sure? Well, yeah I'll do it." Yongguk suddenly changed his mind.

              Soon, the two of you were sound asleep on the couch. The light snores from the both of you made it seem much more peaceful. You never thought that Yongguk would have agreed on staying at home with you. Of course your dad wouldn't mind at all but you had softened after he agreed.

              "Hana, w-will you go out with me?" Yongguk suddenly muttered something in his sleep.

              You stired in your sleep as your head landed on his soft and broad shoulders. Unknowingly, you answered him back with a muffled yes and a nod. Even when asleep, Yongguk felt it was a dream as a small smile was tugged on the both of your lips.

 

I have a feeling that I've been slacking alot on doing fanfics.

Sigh, sorry guys.

Sorry if there's any typos too.