Sorry

Childhood Sweetheart

 

 

             "Call me if you need anything." Himchan called out before leaving. You nodded and left inside your house. You threw your bag onto the couch and fell onto the comfiness of it. You were so drained and tired. Both mentally and physically. Different kinds of thoughts were racing into your mind after what you had just listened to awhile ago.

             Everything was making you going haywire. You deny to yourself that you were not even bothered by it but you guess you were wrong. It hit you hard on the chest and you really felt upset just by listening to the news of it. It made you feel  uncomfortable. The word engagement was just so absurd and overrated you thought.

             You looked at the clock, it was nearly dinner time and your dad was still not home. You sighed, you probably would be home alone now which makes everything much more lonely. You were too lazy and you just didn't have the appetite to eat. As soon as you were about to doze off on the couch, a text came in.

 

             Meet me at the rooftop. We need to talk. -Yongguk

 

             You furrowed yor eyebrows in a straight line, what was he doing here? Reluctantly, you stood up and made your way to your room to get to the rooftop. You didn't want to meet Yongguk but there's this urge inside of you, forcing you to meet him.

             "What are you doing here?" You stood by the edge of the roof, holding onto the bar railing.

             Yongguk looked down from his palm, which seemed like he was immersed in his own thought and showed a small smile. "Sit down. I need to talk to you." He patted to the vacant space beside him as you took a seat, huddling your knees together to your chest.

             "You must be shocked about the engagement thing." Yongguk played with his fingers.

             You nodded. Soon, the silence drifted in as the cool breeze swept across your face.

             "Are you mad?"

             You shook your head. You didn't feel mad but you were definitely upset.

             Yongguk let out a small laugh, "You are. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier."

             "I guess you have your own reasons to do so." You said.

             Yongguk nodded and cocked his head upwards to the sky, "I just didn't want to deal with it. Meeting you was a really great experience and I almost forgot to tell you about the engagement itself." Yongguk laughed slyly and scratched his head. What does that suppose to mean?

             "It's beautiful right?" You nodded.

             Yongguk diverted his attention to you, "Why aren't you talking?" You shrugged. You almost had nothing to say. You were loss at words and your mind wasn't really working properly.

             "Why did you want to meet me here?"

             "Honestly, I don't know." Yongguk chuckled.

             You raised a brow and looked at him, "What kind of answer is that?"

             He shrugged. "I guess I just wanted to see you." Yongguk turned to face you as his eyes glimmered through the starry darkness.

             You felt yourself burning as your cheeks were marked with red tinted marks. It was a good thing that Yongguk couldn't see you blushing through the darkness. You broke the eye contact and looked down while biting your bottom lip, trying to stop yourself from blushing. No, you can't be feeling this way. He has a soon-to-be fiancee.

             "Why are you blushing now?" Yongguk joked and pushed you off lightly.

             Due to the unstableness of the roof, your body swift slightly to the right as you were almost at the edge of falling down to the ground. You gasped and let out a small scream, terrified by the fact that you were almost a few inches from falling down to the concrete floor. But something was grabbing you.

             A hand was pulling you by the waist and holding down your knees. You held the sides of the roof as hard as you can, knowing that you would fall down as soon as you let go of it.

             "Kwaenchana?" His eyes twinkled in the darkness as it turned into adorable deer ones. His eyes were sad ones as he tried to look at your whole face. You placed a palm over your chest as your heart beat faster.

             "You almost killed me! How am I suppose to be okay?" You scolded Yongguk and punched his arm. Real hard. You repositioned yourself on the hard roof surface and huddled yourself together again.

             Yongguk whined in pain. "I know and I'm sorry."

             As soon as you know it, you found yourself being huddled in Yongguk's embrace. He grabbed your arms and gave them a comforting but yet tight squeeze. Your eyes widened, shocked by the sudden contact. Your whole body softened at the action as electricity flowed through your whole body, giving you a slight tingle. Your heart was beating like a cheetah, as it almost feel like it was beating out of your chest.

             "I thought you would fall. I'm sorry, Hana. I'm sorry for everything." Yongguk pleaded, still holding onto you.

             You were in a weird position, almost not able to get a hold of yourself and snapping away from the trance. "Hey it's fine, I was just joking. It's fine, I'm fine." You patted his back as he sniffed a little.

             Yongguk was able to get a hold of himself, "I'm sorry, I really am."

             You showed a small smile and held his shoulder, giving it a small squeeze. "I'm fine. I mean, I am angry when you pushed but you saved me. My hero." You placed a palm on your chest and gave a small smile as Yongguk chuckled a little.

             "I know you're angry about the engagement and I'm sorry." Yongguk apologised again.

             You shrugged and smiled, "It's alright really."

             Yongguk smiled and died a little inside looking at how easy you were able to fake about it. He  knew that you were lying about it. A part of him died a little on the inside knowing that you were eventually going to break down even more when you know about the bet. But he just can't do anything about it since it will only put you in danger.

             That was what Yongguk was not aware about his feelings. He didn't really know that putting himself in this bet and situation could get things worse but a part of it was also because he was trying to safe you from being his victim like before. If it wasn't for you and his chemistry, he would have done the same thing to you like he did to the other girls.

             But there's just something about you that made him change his mind. He didn't know that the bet would only make him define his love for you and how he could change himself.

             "I'm cold." Yongguk slid his cold fingers into yours and interlaced them together. You furrowed your eyebrows in a straight line and looked at him.

             "Yah, what are you doing?" You tried to slip them away from his fingers.

             Yongguk turned to say, "I said I'm cold. Why, you don't like holding my hand? Should I hug you then?" Yongguk leaned in to give his warm hug.

             You placed your arm onto his chest and pushed him lightly. "I think we're good." Yongguk chuckled a little as you were blushing constantly.


             "I'm hungry." You whined. Yongguk laughed and tilted his head a little to the side, looking at you. You searched for his twinkling eyes in the darkness and at the same time, the both of you smiled.

             "Ramyun?" The both of you chorused each other and giggled. Soon, you found yourself eating ramyun with Yongguk in the dining room.

             "This is so good!" Yongguk exclaimed.

             You hissed and rolled your eyes, "Don't overreact." Yongguk looked up from his bowl and showed his gummy smile, giving a small laugh a little.

             "You caught me. But seriously, it's good. Uwah, you can grow up and cook for your husband in the future." Yongguk held out a thumbs up and beamed, continued to digging into his ramyun.

             You smiled and sighed a little. Husband? Well of course you would want it to be with Yongguk but false hope. "Where's your dad anways?" Yongguk questioned.

             "Probably up all night going crazy with work." You sighed.

             Sometimes you feel a littke insecure on whenever your dad is not home since you'll be lonely then. You somehow hated the feeling of being alone at home. It made you really insecure about it.

             Yongguk looked at you and said, "Does that mean I can stay here for awhile?"

             You laughed, "You know you're welcome here anytime."

             Yongguk beamed again with his gummy smile as he stared more at your face. Being able to spend his time with you was a real wonder to him especially now since he has to be careful of being caught by Junmi. Just having a small conversation with you would satisfy him. After dinner, the both of you headed to the couch and decided to watch some movies.

             "What do you wanna watch?" You asked, taking a seat on the couch. The both of you were probably sitting a little further away from each other.

             "Anything that you choose." Your heart raced again. What is wrong with Yongguk today? He seemed very odd and sweet coated words would always come out from his mouth, making you blush.

             "I don't know. You choose." You shoved the remote control back to him.

             Yongguk snickered, "No you choose."

             "No! You choose." You shoved the remote back to him.

             "I said you choose." You insisted.

             Unexpectedly, Yongguk grabbed your wrist and hid his smirke. "Stop being so annoying. You choose." His grip was a little tight but still was gentle.

             You rolled your eyes and snickered. "Tsk, you're more annoying than me."

             Yongguk smiled a little looking at how annoyed you were already. He honestly liked it when he has the chance to boss you and make you annoyed because he simply think that was really cute. The way you would scrunch up your nose and twitched your eye in annoyance made him smile. The way you nagged at him for being so bossy would make his heart softened a little.

             In the end, the both of you were watching Running Man on the couch together. It may sound really idiotic but the both of you shared the same interest in it. You held the pits of your stomach when Gwangsoo got hit by JongKook on purpose. Yongguk laughed too but he then diverted his attention to you.

             Seeing you smile and laugh was music to his ears. When you were happy, he's happy too. It was getting late and your dad wasn't back home. You sighed, knowing that he would probably be sleeping in his office while going crazy with his paperworks. Which means you'll be having another night alone at home. It was nearly 1am and Yongguk hadn't leave yet.

             You took a quick glance on Yongguk as you saw him still glued onto the television. Your eyes unexpectedly became super duper droopy as you tried to control yourself from sleeping on the couch. Your head kept swifting to the arm rest on the couch and soon, you found yourself snoring a little on it's arm rest.

             Yongguk heard the soft and light snoring as he swift his head to your position, only to see your leg huddled together and head resting on the arm rest. He smiled and looked the clock, he should be going now. It's not that nice to be sleeping in your house without your dad.

             You were already deep in your dreamland when Yongguk entered your room to get a bblanket for you. As he entered your room, a small smile was spread across his face seeing the small baby photos of you and him that you kept. Almost every single photo that you had with the twins was pasted on the wall. 

             Yongguk took hold of your picture on the nightstand as he held it and sighed. He played with his hands as he smiled again. A soft sigh escaped from his mouth. If only he was able to confess his true feelings now. Yongguk then took your fluffy blanket down to the living room.

              It was cold as you shivered a little and wiggled in your position. Yongguk softly and gently placed your legs on a comfortable position. He held your head and placed a pillow below it so you won't be using the hard arm rest as a pillow. He grabbed your skinny waist and placed it onto the comfy couch in a right position. He placed the fluffy blanket over to your chin and tucked you in bed.

             "Took you long enough to fall asleep. I'm sorry for everything that you had to know about." Yongguk paused, scrutinizing your face as he tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. "Goodnight and sleep well you chubby little girl." 

             You shifted in your sleep as youfelt warm lips kissed your cheek and forehead. Yongguk took one last glance at you before leaving your house and off to his home.

 

urgh I have to get the groove on making better fluffy chapters