The Carnival

Childhood Sweetheart

 

 

             The air was very clear and the long morning shadows distinct. Spreading sunrise, pinkish glow, clouds tinted, colours spread across the sky announcing the new day, oranges and reds painted across the clouds as if by a celestial hand. You jolted awake, stretching a little. Your eyes widened open in excitement as you realised that today was the day of the carnival.

              You have to admit that you're excited aside from being able to be a photographer for the day, you were able to get a glimpse of Yongguk too. With full excitement, you went to freshen up and had a really light breakfast. Apparently, your dad went to work earlier and he forgot to left some breakfast for you. 

              You looked outside, admiring the beautiful morning sun and sighed. Today was probably going to be a long and lazy day. You took your varsity jacket and pulled it over your shoulders, putting on your converse shoe and snapback.

              You took your camera bag and got ready to go to the carnival. It was a good thing that the carnival was held at your own school grounds. As soon as you reached the area, a large number of students had already arrived, busy with their own carnival set ups. You looked around, trying to find a spot to sit when omeone called over you in time

              "Kim Hana!" Ms Jung flailed her arms from behind, trying her best to get your attention.

               You smiled and made your way to your teacher. You were quite nervous on what is going to happen over for the past few hours but your anxiety grew more and you wanted to participate in this carnival. Being a photographer was what you had always wanted and you really wanted to try out for your first job.

               "I see that you came! Well, today is going to be a long day so I hope you can keep up with that. Your job is just to take pictures of the whole event of this carnival, that's all. But, it's a tough job and meet me after the carnival is done to get your salary of the day." Ms Jung ordered. You nodded, getting all the information in your head.

               "Oh, the principal also said that she would consider your pictures taken. If it's good enough then, you'll be hired for the rest of the school events." Ms Jung winked and walked off. 

               Honestly, you couldn't really believe what she had just said. You felt really honoured and excited to do so. You knew that you couldn't blow this chance away. You had to take this one-day job seriously and not play a fool since you had eyes everywhere to monitor on your act.

                Before the carnival officially starts, you walked around wanting to get some fresh air. You also tried to take the opportunity to find Yongguk. Who knows, maybe the two of you would bump into each other? He did say that he will be coming. 

                You were walking around when a group of girls attracted your attention. All of them were huddled against each other, discussing about something. You eyed them, looking at how beautiful curves they had and also so many razzle dazzle on their clothes. Their hair were tied up into a very nice messy bun and had sequined necklaces, jewelleries. You were zealous of them and you had to admit that they looked way more beautiful than you.

                 "Oh hi. Are you Hana?" One of the tall and slender girls came up to you. You recognised her as the Queenka and also Yongguk's girlfriend, Junmi.

                You were nearly stopped dead in your tracks. A queenka was talking to you. Junmi was never the kind who would go around and be friendly to other people so you were nearly caught off guard. "O-Oh Hi. Yes, I am." You greeted politely.

                 "The one that had tuition with Yongguk?" Her voice grew intense and anxious. You tilted your chin upwards and nodded. You were not that short but it's just because she was wearing extremely ridiculous heels. You sighed, knowing where this would lead to. You just nodded unwillingly.

                 Junmi scoffed. You groaned. You don't want to be accused of taking Yongguk away from her because you knew that Junmi would probably say that. Well, this is common. "Have you seen Yongguk anywhere?" Junmi suddenly asked you.

                  You raised a brow at her. Do you even look like you knew where he was? Her real personality will be bursting out anytime soon. "How should I know? You're his girlfriend so you should know better than me." You replied, but it came out a little harsher than you expect it to be.

                  "Do you have anything to do with him?" She asked again but this time, more fiercer and intimidating. 

                  "We're not even close friends." You mumbled. 

                  "Well then, I hope it stays the same as it is." Junmi huffed at you. Honestly, this chick is really getting on your nerves. What was her problem anyway? You rolled your eyes, attempting to walk off.

                  "Oh hey baby!" Junmi suddenly called out. You looked up and saw Yongguk coming towards her direction. You just wanted to puke, listening to those words. Yongguk just had a poker face on while Junmi slid her arm into his waist, snuggling into his chest. The both of you glanced at each other while you walked away.

                   Yongguk didn't even came up and greet you. He was acting like he didn't know you again. You were not really bothered by it that much but you grew more and more uncomfortable as he would always steal glances at you. Soon, you had to start doing on your own photographer job.

                    "Noona, you came!" The giant Zelo came running up to you while waving. You laughed and shook your head, happy to see your little cousin. "Oh, I want you to meet someone. This is Jongup hyung." He introduced his friend whom you believed the name was Jongup. 

                    "You're starting on your job already?" Zelo asked, pouting a little. You nodded. 

                     "Oh wait, let me take a picture of you guys!" You exclaimed as the two boys stood in front of their booths, posing for the camera. You giggled and showed a thumbs up when you caught the image. Soon after, you trudged off to take more images of other people around the carnival.

                     Then, you decided to stop by at the carnival stage where all students can perform to anything that they want. You needed a break and you thought that it would be better to have a wide variety of pictures around the whole carnival. As you went nearer to the stage, a guy on stage totally attracted your attention. 

                      You didn't get a good preview of the face as you were squished by a number of students beside you. Then, his husky voice boomed into the microphone. His deep and really masculine voice hit you, it was Yongguk. He was rapping.

 

Warrior is Back
We Gonna Rock This
B.A.P

 

His masculine voice waved through all of the words smoothly, emphasizing on every single word and his own expressions.



What’s your B?
I will confront and fight for the souls in this street, whoa

 

You took a minute to glance at his focused and fiery eyes, totally glued onto his. Eyes full of determination as he started rapping, following the flow.


What’s Your A?
The starting point of a new revolution
Stop me if you can

 

You took the chance to snap a picture of his performance as his burning eyes darted onto yours and smirked.


What’s your P?
An evil DNA, virus
We have lost all of our warriors
Once again, what’s the name of the game? B.A.P
Everyone stand up

 

               You continued to watch his awfully perfect and flawless performance as your eyes glued onto his face. His burning passion was shown to the entire audience as they clapped and cheered on for his overpowering style of rap. You knew at this point, your felt proud and happy to be able to watch him performing. 

                He continued on eyeing everybody, giving them that full charismatic presence. When it comes to you, his mouth would slowly tugged into a small smirk but making sure it was not that obvious. Screaming and squeals were heard as soon as he start growling. Your heart melted when his husky voice filled your ears.

                In between the performance, you took the chance to take a picture of all of his movements. You could say that he looks rather dashig with that simple jacket and skinnies on. Whenever you would take a picture of him, his mouth twitched into a small smile.

                Yongguk let out a small smile and bowed, after ending his wonderful and spectacular performance. He walked down that tsiars of the stage and darted his eyes over the audience, trying to find where you were. But you were gone.

                 Yongguk felt his heart swept with relief and excitement when he saw you cheering on and taking some pictures of him during his performance. He honestly liked it. 

                "Let's say if one day I've become a rapper, you have to be my photographer! You'll be my girl photographer!"

                 Yongguk smiled. He guessed that it was official. You are his girl photographer now and he kind of liked  the feeling of it. He went to the different booths, trying his best to find you as you were taking a small break at the park.

                  You sat down on the bench, admiring the scene and took out your camera again. You skipped through the pictures as you watched intently at the pictures that you had just took of Yongguk. You smiled contentedly as you were looking at how determined he was during his performance. You sighed as someone called out.

                   "Did you enjoyed the performance?"