Date Or No Date?

Childhood Sweetheart

 

 

             You sanked yourself in your couch, deep in thoughts. You looked back at the post-it as a small small unknowingly formed to the end of your mouth. Your mind was frazzled, should you go to the date with Yongguk? Maybe you should give him a chance afterall. You were still deep in thoughts when your phone rang. You grumbled as you picked it up, only to find that it was Yongguk from the other side of the line.

             "Annyeong." He greeted.

             You felt yourself smiling as your cheeks started to burn uncontrollably. Just listening to his husky and manly voice made your heart flutter all over again.

             "What do you want?" You snapped, sounding a little harsh. You could sense Yongguk smiling a little at the end of the line, knowing you were just playing hard to get.

             "Why do you sound like a grumpy grandmother?"

             You gasped a little, "Are you saying indirectly that I sound old?" Yongguk let out his low chuckle that always caught you fluttering over it.

             "Yeah, why? You don't like it?" He questioned.

             You huffed, glaring and boring into the wall in front of you. "I hate talking to you. Hang up." You said, clicking off your phone before hanging up.

             Yongguk let out a small yet satisfied chuckle as soon as he hung the phone up. He honestly liked how annoyed you could have been. He was dreading to meet and talk to you. Just listening to your voice and even seeing your face for a moment made him feel satisfied. He knew that he need to make it up to you somehow.

             Meanwhile, you were still annoyed with your own thoughts. You still hadn't decided yet if you would want to go out with him or not. You sighed, making your way to your room as you shuffled through your closet to find some suitable clothes. Why are you sorting your clothes again? Oh right because Yongguk apparently dragged you to go on a date with him.

             You were honestly excited about this date. This would actually be the first time you woild be having a date with Yongguk. Mind you, you were still angry over what he did previously but you had softened much more when you're around him ever since. You had to give him a chance somehow to make it up to you.

             Yongguk was the kind of wise guy who really keeps his words and would definitely try to work towards it. That made you gain his trust back. You knew it was also not easy for him to be ignored all the time by you. Soon, a message came and you instantly knew it was from Yongguk.

             Bingo, you were right.

 

             "I'll see you tomorrow. Make sure you sleep early, you've gotten skinnier ever since. Take care and I'll pick you up tomorrow <3 I'm not taking no as an answer. Goodnight ♡"

 

             You read as your smile grew wider everytime you read his sweet texts. Heck, you were melting. "No Kim Hana, you cam't fall in love with him yet!" You grabbed the sides of your head, swinging them back and forth vigorously with full force.

             How much you tell yourself not to fall in love with Yongguk, it never got into your head. Oh how you hated him for making you fall head over heels on him. Those charms that can instantly grab any single girl including the hearts of noonas, make you flutter. As you looked at the clock, you knew it was time to turn in and get all set for the date tomorrow.

             You had never got excited before on going to a date. Maybe that's because you had never been asked going out. As you stared at the ceiling with blank thoughts, your eyes darted to the wall that was plastered with all of your childhood photos. You stared at it, as a small smile spread across your mouth.

             You missed those moments where you would create stupid promises with Yongguk on having to grow up together and won't leave each other's side even for a single bit. As the memories drifted inside your mind, your eyes started becoming droopy. Soon, you found yourself deep asleep like a small baby being craddled as you were already in your dreamland with Yongguk.

 

***

 

             As soon as your alarm clock went off, your ears perched up and was ready to start off the morning. You groggily stood up from your bed as your hair was entangled in a total mess.

             "Good morning sunshine." A familiar voice sounded. You craned your neck only to find your dad back home from the hospital, sitting on the couch.

             "Dad!!!" You screamed, rushing to him as you engulfed him in a tight hug. The old man chuckled as he patted your back, ensuring you he was fine.

             "When did you come back?!" Your eyes widened, questioning him.

             "Earlier on. They sent me back home with the ambulance car, thinking that I would pass out anytime. Why are you up so early in the morning? You would always wake up at noon." He raised a brow, scrutinizing your messy morning situation.

             "Why, can't I at least wake up earlier than usual?" Your dad held out his forefinger as he wiggled it back and forth. "This is weird for my girl to be acting like this. You're going out, aren't you?!" His small eyes suddenly widened up as a smirk was formed to the end of his mouth.

             You rolled your eyes as you huffed, "You caught me."

             The old man let out a low yet satisfied laugh "With who? Do I know this guy? Is he nice?" Your dad bombed you with a lot of questions as you sunk yourself in your seat.

             "Yes, you do know him." You dad's ears perched up as his eyebrows rose up in a rather naughty way.

             "... Yongguk?" He questioned as you nodded slowly, biting your lip. Your dad nudged you in the ribs as he wiggled his thick eyebrows, winking a little.

             You grimaced as he gave you that look, "I'm washing up now. Do you need anything for breakfast?"

             He shrugged it off, "I'm good."

             With that, you went into the showers as you the valve. You didn't know when Yongguk will be picking you up but you might as well get ready before he comes. As you finished, you took your white robe and wrapped it around your body. "Annyeong!" A familiar husky voice exclaimed as he waved his hands, closing the door behind him as he greeted your father.

             Your eyes widened as you huddled your bathroom robe together. Without wasting any second, you moved behind the bathroom door and closed it a little.

             "Yah, don't you have any manners?!" You hollered from the bathroom.

             "I didn't know you were even there!" Yongguk retorted back.

             You rolled your eyes as you huffed, "Yeah right! Close your eyes now so I pass to my room."

             You growled. "Appa, make sure he does close his eyes!"

             "I can't promise you that, honey." Your dad cooed on.

             You clenched your fists, boring holes into the walls. Oh how you hated it when both of your dad and Yongguk ganged up against you. "The both of you will be so dead, I tell you!" You hollered again as both of them bursts into chuckles.

             "Alright alright, I'm closing my eyes now!" Yongguk shouted. You made your way to the living room as you passed it quickly, giving a deafening glare to your dad.

             You pouted a little, what the hell are you going to wear? You vowed to yourself you're not going to wear a dress. That's a no-no. You rummaged through your closet one last time as a small smile formed. Since it's cold and windy outside, you threw a leather jacket over your white basic v-neck and black skinnies.

             You tied your hair into a messy bun as you paired it with your converse. Well, this is something that you would appreciate to wear in a comfy way. Yongguk's eyes sparkled and twinkled a little as he saw you walking down the stairs.

             "How can someone be so pretty just wearing such simple clothes?" Yongguk whispered to your dad.

             Your eyes narrowed a little and looked at him, "I heard that Yongguk. It's not going to be easy to win my heart back." You grimaced. But you had to admit you were hiding your blush under those high cheekbones.

             Yongguk hid his smirk as your dad nudged him in the ribs, "She's just joking around. Alright now the two of you should get moving now. I feel so stuffy having too many people here." Your dad pushed the both of you to the front door.

             "We'll get going now. I'll make sure she'll come home safely." Yongguk politely greeted.

             "It's okay, you two just have fun. Just make sure she don't get fussy around you."

             "Don't worry, I'm use to her being all fussy." Yongguk ruffled your hair.

             You growled as you glared at Yongguk, "Don't touch my hair. I'm going now dad, bye." You stomped off, leaving Yongguk alone on the front porch as he smiled to himself looking at you fixing your hair.

             "Where are we going?" You scrunched your nose, narrowing your eyes at him.

             "You have to stop being so grumpy like an old lady." Yongguk chuckled.

             "Well then, you have to stop complaining. I'm hungry, let's eat." You fastened your pace, walking ahead of Yongguk. Before you were able to walk ahead of him, Yongguk grabbed you by the wrists as he slid his fingers inside yours and interlacing it together.

             "What are you doing?" You raised a brow, yanking your hands away from his as you continued walking.

             "Walking. My hands are cold." He slid his fingers against, interlacing it with yours. You yanked it away but his grip tightened as a small smirk formed to the end of his mouth, not wanting you to let go.

             "Fine, my hands are cold too. But don't get the wrong concept." You warned him. Yongguk smiled as the ends of his mouth wrinkled lovingly.

             "Yeah right, you love holding my hand don't you? Let's get this hungry little girl some food before she gets grumpy again." He pinched your cheeks as he took your interlaced hand with his inside his pocket, in order to stay warm.

             You smiled, you might want to get use to the feeling of it.

 

hehehe i'm in the mood for doing such a fluffy and cute chapter today ^_^