Back

Childhood Sweetheart

 

 

            You walked into the hallway normally as everyone's stares were glued onto you. You walked to your locker as usual and took all of the things that you needed before going off to class. It had been almost after a whole week sitting at home and drowning yourself in your own cries or hibernating. Therefore, you thought it was time for you to actually be back in school.

             Some of the students were a little schoked seeing you walking through the transparent doors as they thought that you had actually changed school ever since your absence for the whole week. Of course the were wrong. You weren't that weak enough to be changing your school just because such problems started to arose in your life.

             Right after the incident of you being drunk, you never dared to make eye contact with Yongguk. You felt embarrassed to actually make eye contact with him. Ever since the incident too, Yongguk would always try to win your heart back using every different kind of strategy.

             He started talking you, making sure you were alright. He would always be there by your side, ensuring your safety. He would be walking behind you to class and also to the library. You knew he was there but you never bothered to talk to him.

             You felt annoyed at first as he would always be following you everywhere you go. He was like a stalker, watching you going everywhere you move. But not today, he wasn't here in school and neither was he following you wherever you go. You honestly missed the feeling of being spied on by Yongguk. He meant well and knowing that he wasn't here, it made you feel rather small and weak.

              "A-Annyeong..." A small voice came to your side.

              "What do you want, Himchan?" You rolled your eyes, packing your bag.

              Himchan's face light up, "You talked to me! Hana, I know you're mad but I wanted to apologise..." 

              You raised a brow, "I don't know Himchan."

              His face fell a little after listening to what you said, "Please, I'm begging you... I know what I did was wrong on making the bet. I wasn't in the right mind to do it. Just please..." He pleaded, hoping it will change your mind.

              You felt yourself smiling as you saw his eyes twinkled and his mouth slightly pouting while he handed his fists out together. You nodded slowly, biting your lips as he jumped joyfully while giving you a small hug.

              "Err Himchan, have you seen Yongguk?" You questioned. 

              As soon as you asked, the witty face let out a small yet devilish smirk. His eyebrows rose up and chuckled a little, showing those white and pearly teeth. "He's in the hospital. He didn't want to come to school today." He said bluntly.

              "Why is he at hospital? Why?" You questioned again, earning another smirk on Himchan's face.

              "You're really eager to know huh?" He teased you, pushin your shoulders a little.

              "C'mon, just tell me!" You held onto the side of his shirt, practically begging. "Urgh let's just go to the hospital now!" You took Himchan by the wrist as you dragged him outside the school, and inside the bus.

               You were worried about Yongguk when Himchan said that he was in the hospital, not going to school. Why was he in the hospital? Why was he admitted to the hospital anyways? Sure as hell you were worried. All of your anger towards him melted and all you wanted to do was to hurry to the hospital. You can't afford to waste your time.

               A small smirk formed to the end of Himchan's mouth as he saw how worried you were. A sense of relief went through his body as he knew that you still had a little something inside of you towards Yongguk. As soon as the both of you had reached the hospital, you rushed down the bus and made it to the front counter.

               "Yah, what do you think you're doing?" A husky voice then came from the back as you turned your head, only to see Yongguk. Your eyes widened as you look from him up to down. He seemed fine and he could even walk properly. You diverted your attention back to Himchan who was probably smiling from ear to ear.

               "Hana was just missing you. She literally dragged me here just to see you!" Himchan retorted as your eyes dugged into his soul. Without having any mercy, you punched Himchan with your fists as you used your knuckles to do so.

               "Yah Kim Himchan, you told me Yongguk was at the hospital! I had to go!" You were still punching him as Yongguk just watched over the both of you with a smile on his face.

                Himchan just show a little shrug, "I told you he was at the hospital but he wasn't admitted. He only had his checkup. I didn't say anything more than that." Oh how your anger was boiling.

                You were both angry and embarrassed by the fact that you were actually worried about Yongguk and was acting like a total idiot. With that, you let out a pathetic huff and stomped your feet to the exit door, leaving the two boys behind to catch up. Yongguk let out a punch to Himchan, "See what you did?!" 

                "What the hell did I do?" Himchan whined, catching up with the both of you.

                You walked to the bus stop, a palm on your chin as a support when someone scooted to the seat near you, looking at you while you were spazzing out. You scooted your way to the other side, leaving a huge gap in between but the person scooted towards your side again. You huffed, totally annoyed.

                "You look cute when you're annoyed." Yongguk complimented.

                "Go away." You retorted. Instead, Yongguk shrugged and stayed at the same place as he was still staring at your side profile. You hide your blush and rpelaced it with a poker face instead, wanting to show that you were still angry at him.

                For the whole journey back to your house, you kept quiet and still. Yongguk had insisted on sitting beside you during the whole journey as Himchan got kicked to the other side of the seat with an annoyed face. He tried to talk to you and even lighten your mood up but you weren't impress. Or at least you were but you tried not to heed attention to him. You want him to put in more effort on making it up to you.

                 "Here, it's for you. I picked it up just now." Yongguk handed you a freshly picked flower from near the park and handed it to you on your door step. "And this too. It's our favourite right?" He also handed you your favourite chocolate bar.

                 You felt your cheeks burning. You held back the smile and instead nodded, mumbling a small thanks. You fiddled with the chocolate bar when you realised there ws a post-it posted on it. You took the post-it off, examining the handwriting when you smiled. It was definitely Yongguk's handwriting.

                 

How about a date tomorrow? I'll pick you up. You're mine for the whole day, nobody is going to be with us. Don't even try to be late! Just one more chance for me, I promise that I'll make it up to you.

  P.S. I'm not taking no as answer.

 

                  As you closed the door behind you, you heard Himchan whispering something to Yongguk. "Are you sure she's going to come? I don't think she will."

                  From behind the door, you hollered, "Thanks but I'm not going!!"

                  A small smile was tugged to the end of Yongguk's mouth as he flashed his gummy smile and a low chuckle could be heard from the outside. "She'll come for sure. Kim Hana never dissapoints me." Yongguk leaned in to the other side of the door as you too leaned in, trying to listen to the conversation when he spoke in his husky voice.

                  "I'm going now. Take care and I'll see you tomorrow. I'm not taking no as an answer." You died inside. "Annyeong." Yongguk said before mimicking a kissing sound behind the doors, making Himchan burst into laughters.

                  You took the chocolate bar in your hands and wrapped it off, taking a bite off it as you moaned a little in satisfaction. Oh this was your favourite. Yongguk had remember for all these years.

                   "She'll come for sure." Yongguk acknowledged one last time before leaving your front porch.

 

Bleagh, it's not fluffy T.T