Romantic Walk

Childhood Sweetheart

 

 

             You were confused. Yongguk had just saved you from Junmi but his words stung you a little. Maybe not a little but it really hurt you. 'She doesn't deserve your attention.'

             Was it true on what he just said?

             A part of you felt relief that Junmi was now out of sight, all thanks to Yongguk but a part of you felt really hurt by his words. You tried to brush it off, maybe he was just saying it so that Junmi will not be bothering you anymore. You were just too sensitive with the words that came out of his mouth.

             You honestly don't understand Yongguk. He was so nice just now and suddenly those words came out of his mouth. Either way, you were quite thankful that Yongguk took Junmi away. You were sick and tired of that girl already and soon, you will blow up anytime if she were to accuse you of being with Yongguk.

             You and Yongguk had simply nothing between each other. You don't understand why Queenkas have to be all y and full of ego everytime. Can't they just be nice and friendly? You walked home, trying your best to not remember what Yongguk had just said.

             You took a look at the plastic bag that contained the box of cake and cup of drink. You smiled, at least you had something good to enjoy and think of. You honestly thought that you had fun today and that's all thanks to Bang Yongguk.

             "I'm home!" You exclaimed, entering your house.

             Clings and clangs were heard as your dad made his way to the front door, welcoming you. He brushed his hands on his pink apron and had a wide grin on his face. "Oh you're home! How did it go?"

             "It was fine. Here." You handed the envelope full of money to your dad. 

             He took a peep inside and saw the stack of money, eyes widened. He shook his head, No. This is yours so you keep it." He pushed it into your hands but you shook your head.

             "No, you need it more than I do. Trust me, just take it alright." You pushed it against him again. You honestly did not need that much money and he need those for your expenses and also the household itself. Being able to only do two jobs a day is hard work for one person and the expenses wasn't that enough for household.

             You couldn't help that much but you would rather give those money to your dad who needs it more. Your dad looked at the envelope and back at you. You could see that tears were starting to fill the brim of his eyes as you let out a small laugh. "Thank you. How can I ever repay you." Your dad choked onto his own tears.

             You laughed again, "Don't cry. It's nothing, we're going to work this out." You hugged him as he patted your head.

            It was unusual for you to see your dad crying and it hurted you too but it just seem so funny that he was truly touched. You can't help it but to laugh and also feel happy at the same time. 

***

             "Thanks dad for the dinner!" You called out as you made your way to your room. 

             After a blisteringly hot day the sun had finally set, the relief from the hot moistureless air was palpable as the cooling sea breeze swept over them. In the dead of night even the city lights ebbed to a mere inkling. Everything was just still and peaceful, just the way you like it.

             You looked out at the window as you stared into the night sky, a cocktail of deep indigo's. It was just beautiful. You opened the window and climbed out of it, making your way up to the rusty ladder and to the rooftop.

             You brushed your knees and sat down on the rooftop. A cool breeze swept over you as you enjoyed it. The night was just incredibly wonderful and you can't take your eyes off the beautiful sky, full of twinkling stars. If only you were able to share this moment with someone.

             "Hana!" Someone whispered your name. Not a soft whisper but a loud one.

              You craned your neck, nobody was here on the roof except for you alone. Nobody was suppose to even be here. That was weird, as you scratched your head. You guessed that you were probably dreaming. 

             You leaned back onto the rooftop again when the whisper was heard one more time. It sounded very urgent. Soon, you heard small pebbles and rocks being thrown to your window pane. It was coming from below. You leaned down on the rooftop, trying to get a glance of who it was.

              A guy who had a black beanie and an olive trench coat was throwing small pebbles to your window pane. He had broad shoulders. You didn't know who it was till you saw his face that was shone by the street lamp.

              It was Yongguk.

             What was he doing here? Yongguk threw another pebble and shouted your name in a whipering manner. "Kim Hana! Open up now!" 

             You could see that he was full of cautiousness as he threw each rocks and pebbles on it's target. He would also catch a glimpse of the surroundings around him, hoping that he won't make a lot of noise that people would think it's a nuisance. He also didn't want to get caught by your dad.

             Yongguk then unexpectedly looked up, catching a sight of you at the rooftop and his eyes widened with joy. "Yah, come down now!" He signalled you with his hands.

              "Why?! It's late now, you should go home!" You replied back but Yongguk didn't even budge a single bit.

             "Will you just stop talking and get your down here?!" Yongguk was slightly annoyed as you can tell. You knew you had to follow what he says before he really gets pissed. And if he does, it would be like World War 3.

              You rolled your eyes and nodded. You made your way down to the rooftop easily as Yongguk would nag at you to come down gently. "Be careful, you're going to hurt yourself!" 

               As you nearly reached the ground, your legs almost slipped as a tree bunch was intertwined with your leg. The distance level between the ground and your room wasn't that high as you were pretty much used to it. You nearly slipped yourself but in just mere seconds, Yongguk held you by the waist.

               The both of you were in a very awkward yet uncomfortable position. Yongguk was holding you by the waist as your arms were clung to the back of his neck, making it as a support to not fall to the ground. Your eyes met his warm ones and you had those feelings again. Your stomach made flip flops.

              "Yah, kwaenchana?" Yongguk's voice tickled your ears as you nodded hesitantly.

               Yongguk too had this weird feeling inside of him as his grip tightened on your waist. He cleared his throat as he put you down onto the ground safely, scratching his head upon the awkwardness.

               "What are you doing here? It's late at night!" You asked him, trying to break the awkward silence.

              "I got bored and I needed to clear my mind. Thought you would be a good company." Yongguk said. 

               Your stomach tingled again. He wanted you to be his company for the night. Was this a good thing or a bad thing? You didn't know what to say but you have the urge to actually agree. But, you can be deceived easily. What if he had a bad deed inside of him?

               Yongguk saw your tensed expression and laughed, "Don't worry, I'm not going to do anything bad. I just need someone to talk to." 

                You hesitated. Then, you nodded. Well, you can't really miss the chance and therefore, you were quite bored by now. You were happy and thrilled that he wanted you to come along. 

               "But... My dad?" You questioned.

                Your dad is totally going to flip out if he realised that you weren't in your room and you had sneaked out. You knew this was a bad thing to do but you really wanted to go and couldn't miss the chance to. It had been awhile since you met Yongguk and you wanted to have this chance.

                "Don't worry, he'll understand. Besides, he likes me." Yongguk popped his collar and smirked.

                As soon as Yongguk said those words, the front door opened. There, the old man was in front of you and had a very devilish smirk plastered on his face. 

                "That's right, don't worry. I'm fine with it. Yongguk, you just have to take care of her and don't come home late. Now, enjoy your romantic walk together." Your dad glanced at you and flashed a beam.

                 You gave him a piercing glare and shooed him away. "It's not a romantic walk! Now, go!" Your dad let out a small laugh as he waved and closed the front door.

                 You turned to the little smug beside you and groaned as his face was also plastered with a small smirk. "I told you he likes me. Now, don't worry and let's just go for our 'romantic' walk. Shall we?" Yongguk held out his hands to you.

                 You looked at it, not sure whether to hold it or not. Before you knew it, Yongguk grabbed your wrist first and made a dash to the park. 

                 Yongguk turned and flashed his gummy smile, "Let's make this night magical, shall we?"

 

Is this chapter even good? ><