The trial

New chance to love

This was it. Just a few more minutes and the trial that her and her family have been waiting for. Jessica was turning around whenever she heard a sound in the court room, fearing it might be Aiden coming , but it wasn't, not yet. She has been preparing for coming here for weeks and no matter how many times she encouraged herself, she was still scared. It wasn't easy for her, but she remembered a lot of important things during the time she was in Aiden's house and that was very helping for her testimony. She was sitting beside Donghae, holding his hand tight, surrounded by her parents, sister and close friends who were her biggest support.

"Baby, you can do this, everything will be okay. We are here, Donghae is here and he won't hurt you." her mother benned to her ear to whisper those consolating words. Jessica nodded and took a deep breathe. She looked at her family and smiled and then turned to Donghae who's eyes were glued to her, giving her all the love and secure she needed. The clock ticked 9:59 and Aiden showed up with two police officers behind him. He had his arms in handcuffs and his head was down. Everyone was looking at him, including Jessica and her family. She was terrified to see him again even though he didn't see her yet. His a bit long orange hair was in a messy tail and he was wearing a black suit with a black shirt and tie. He finally lifted his head and his eyes immediately met hers and Donghae's. Jessica silently gasped and got closer to Donghae who caressed her back in order to calm her. Aiden's dark eyes brought her memories of lies and pain she went through thinking that Donghae hurt her. She felt stupid in that moment knowing that she was fooled and that none of the things Aiden said were true. 

"Jess, it's okay." Donghae whispered to her, kissing her cheek.

The clock ticked 10 am and the judge entered the courtroom. Everyone got up to greet the judge.

"Good morning everyone, you may sit down. We have a case number 294, Aiden Lee charged for murder, kidnapp and using illegal drugs." the judge said as she red the informations on the paper. "Is the defendant feeling guilty?" 

"Not guilty, your honor." Aiden's lawyer announced. Donghae felt angry hearing that that he was capable of killing him with his bare hands if he could. 

For the first half hour the judge red the accusation, with details of every crime Aiden did. As he was listening to it with a cold expression, Donghae couldn't take it and left the courtroom along with Jessica who rushed to see if he's okay. 
He sat down at the bench in front of the room and covered his face with his hands.

"Donghae, hey..." Jessica approached, on the edge to cry. "Donghae you have to be strong." 


"I'm sorry, it's just... Those details just bring back memories and the guilt I felt, actually I'm still feeling. If I drove her myself, none of this would have happen." he said, still looking down.

"It's not your fault, okay? It's his and justice will arrive for her, I'm assuring you that." she calmed him. She sat next to him, resting her head on his shoulder as their hands were holding tight again. They remained like that for a couple of minutes until Eunhyuk came, asking Donghae if he's ready to enter because the judge finished with the reading.

Donghae took a deep breathe, looked at Jessica who encouraged him with a smile and they both entered the courtroom. Aiden glanced at them with a cold look, making Donghae more and more angry.

"We will start with the first witness, the court calls Lee Donghae." the judge said. Donghae got up and walked to the place where he needs to sit. After pledging he was now facing his brother after weeks of not seeing him. He felt angry, furious and sad seeing someone who is his own blood, sitting like this, with such coldness on his face, so senselessly. 

"Mr Lee, it's obvious you are Aiden's brother so tell me what was your relationship before the accident?" Aiden's lawyer asked.

"I wouldn't call it an accident. Our relationship was never like other siblings had. Aiden is the older twin and he never treated me like a brother, rather like an enemy, since we were very little." Donghae answered, avoiding Aiden's look. 

"Can you tell me excatly why do you think he treated you like an enemy?" 

"He never showed any brotherly love, nothing and as we were getting older, that turned into hate and I didn't knew why. He was never a person who showed any affection and when I met Jinae he suddenly started to be around us, always spent time with her when I wasn't around, showing herself in another light." 

"Where were you when Aiden drove Jinae in his car?" the lawyer asked.

"I was at work." Donghae sadly answered. 

"And who called you to inform you about the accident?" 

"The police and I rushed immediately there because I was told that the two othem suffered injuries and when I got there they..." his voice started to shake as he was recalling that day. That feeling when the doctor told him and Eunhyuk that Jinae died. That pressure he had in his chest, like he couldn't breathe came back. That horrible pain returned. He put his fingers on his eyes to stop the tears. Jessica was already crying when she saw Donghae like that, barely saying a word. She wanted to hug him, nothing more. She knew there anre't words to console him but she just wanted him in her arms. 

"I'm sorry for your lost Mr Lee, can you continue?" the judge asked and Donghae slowly nodded.

"What was Aiden's relationship with Miss Ah?" the laywer continued after Donghae calmed.

"They were good friends. In some period I was very busy at work and since Jinae and I lived together she was often alone so by her stories, Aiden would stop by and make her company. She would always tell me how kind and funny he is and that would always bring doubt since I know him too well. I never trusted him around her and we would often fight about it." Donghae said, now making eye-contact with his brother who's look was showing sadness and anger. 

"Did you ever threatened Mr Lee to stop seeing your girlfriend?" 

"Never." Donghae answered bitterly.

"I have no more questions your honor." the lawyer said and Donghae returned to his place. 

"Baby, you did a good job." Jessica said. Donghae noticed how her eyes are puffy and red from crying and that worried him.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yes, it's just... when you were telling the lawyer when you arrived at the hospital. I felt so sad at that moment and when I saw your crying, knowing that all your memories returned. I'm just... I know how much you miss her." she said, struggling with tears. Donghae sighed and pulled her in a hug. Her head was on the crook of his neck and he was slowly passing through her curly orange hair. 

"I love you so much." he whispered to her. 

"I love you too." she answered back, still hugging him. 

"The court now calls Aiden Lee." the judge said. Jessica and Donghae broke the hug and looked at Aiden who went to his seat to testify. 

"So Mr Lee, describe us the day when you killed Ah Jinae." the lawyer started. Aiden's cold look was still here, directed toward the couple. It wasn't showing any simpathy, only coldness and sadness. 

"She called me to pick her up so she can visit Donghae at work. Her car wasn't working and since she didn't like to drive with strangers during a rainy day, she called me since she trusted me, we were friends." his husky voice described slowly, sending Donghae shivers in his spine. That coldness while talking was killing him slowly inside. 

"I picked her up and we drove and then I..." and he stopped. His head and look went down and he didn't say a word. No one knew what's wrong with him and everyone were confused. 

"Mister Lee, are you okay?" the lawyer soon asked. Silent sobs were heard, and soon Aiden lifted his head to show his crying face. Donghae has never seen him crying, not even when Jinae died, never. Jessica was also surprised to see him like this and didn't knew what to say. She sat there, paralyzed with her chin dropped.

"I loved her so much. So, so much. And he took her away from me. She suppose to be mine!" Aiden shouted, looking at his brother while the tears stremed down his cheek.

"If you truly loved her, you wouldn't have killed her!!" Donghae shouted back furiously. The judge calmed the brothers down and gave Aiden a minute to calm so he can continue.

"I was sick and tired of watching the two of them so happy. I couldn't take it anymore." he continued, now more calmly with tears in his eyes. 

The lawyer was looking at Aiden with regret and dissapointement and sighed. "I have to further questions your honor." 

"The trail will continue next week." the judge shortly said and dissmissed everyone. It was too much emotions for a day and it was a good idea to schedual the trial for next week, so everyone can calm. Aiden stayed on the seat, still crying until the police officers didn't approach to put him handcuffs and took him away. Jessica and Donghae were devistated and on the edge to cry too. 

They quietly left the room along with Jessica's parents and Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon who were all shocked and sad. 

"Mom, I'll stay with Donghae a little more, okay?" 

Her mother nodded and left the two of them alone along with the others. Jessica and Donghae went outside to get some fresh air and to talk. At first they both didn't have the strenght to say anything because if they did, they would start to cry. They sat down on the big steps in front of the court house and stared at the floor, first 10 minutes.

"If it wasn't for you, I would probably get up and kill him with my bare hands Jessica, I swear." Donghae broke the silence. He nervously passed through his brown curly hair and sighed in frustration. 

"You aren't the one who needs to punish him or teach him a lesson. He will end in prison for a long time, that's for sure and that is his punishement and the fact that Jinae's death will haunt him forever." Jessica said.

She was right. Everything he did will haunt him every day, torture him every night and that will be his punishement even after he gets out of prison. It was a stressful day from everyone and Donghae just wanted to froget about it all for a bit. Without any words, he pulled Jessica closer and just hugged her. That warm hug was all both of them needed after this torture. 

"We'll go through this together Sica." he said and she simply nodded. She trusted him and he trusted her and together they were unstoppable. Justice will be served for Jinae and for Jessica.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Happy Easter everyone! I hope you have a lovely day with your family. A new chapter is here and I hope you like it~ As I said the chapter will end very very soon and that really makes me sad because I really like this story. Please comment, subscribe and UPVOTE!!! Please uptvote! Thank you guys <3