Flashback

New chance to love

Jessica was sitting on the examining chair, nervously moving her legs, biting her nail. Minutes were like hours to her and the silence in the room was killing her. Donghae was in front of the office because he was told that he can't be inside during the examine. Jessica didn't want to be all alone and she really needed someone's support and the only one near her was Donghae. A few hours ago she was told he was the man who hurt her and now after all she heard, there was a huge mix in her head. She didn't know what to think, how to feel and she was confused like never before and for the add, this memory loss was driving her crazy. Donghae told her who she is, where was she born and someting about her family but there wasn't anything that could make her remember her life before this nightmare started. She felt betrayed from Aiden who seemed he could give her the stars if she wanted him to. What were these 6 months for him and for her? 

To her it was probably the time where she felt safe because she was all alone and Aiden realy did take good care of her but then she remember how he drugged her, making her forget about who she is, about her life, everything. 
But the question that was bothering her the most was probably what now?

Where is she going to live now? For the past six months, the isolated, little house was her home. How will she continue her life in a big, unknown city and with who? Alone or with her family, around people who love her but she doesn't have a clue who they are? And Donghae? There were too many questions popping in her head.

"Hello Miss Jung, I'm doctor Kim, I'm sorry for waiting this long." a young lady entered the office, breaking Jessica's thoughts. Jessica looked at the women and forced herself to smile.

"Okay, so, I'll do a regular check-up and I'll take out your blood and do some test to see what's with your memory loss and what was the drug you were on, okay?" she explained and Jessica nodded in response.

The doctor checked her breathing, asked her questions about her health and is she feeling dizzy or something like that and after that she took her blood. After everything was done the questions began.

"What's the last thing you remember?" 

Jessica tried her best to remember something before she woke up in Aiden's house. The knife she saw today was refreshing her memory a bit and a image of him holding the knife close to her was the only thing she could remember and it was bothering her a lot.

"I don't remember much, actually there are a lot of blanks in my head but I remember Aiden threating me with a knife and that's all." Jessica said dissapointed as the doctor took notes.

 

"How did the drug affected you the day after?" 

"He would usually give the drug before bed and after wakin up and it would make me dizzy and sleepy and the next day I would remember some things I did the day before. I would get headaches too." Jessica said, recalling everything. 

After a few more questions, they were done. The doctor left Jessica in the office so she can get ready and went to the hall where Donghae was waiting. She noticed him walking up and down the hall, nervous. He stopped as soon as he saw the doctor and approached her.

"So? What happened?" Donghae asked biting his lower lip.

"Miss Jung was constantly drugged for the last six months and it affected her a lot since she can't remember a lot of things from her past so she needs to spent as much time as possible around her family and friends. I know you will help her a lot. Show her pictures, tell her stories about her past, do everything you can so she can remember. She'll have to come tomorrow so we can see the blood test." the young doctor explained. 

"Okay, thank you doctor so much. Her family is on their way so she can finally see them." Donghae said, with a little fake smile. It was heart-breaking for him because everything Jessica had, everything she was is now long gone and she needed to recover from the stories Aiden filled her mind with. It was horrifying for Donghae because he was scared that she won't remember. He tried to cheer himself inside and tried to think positive. It was up to him and Jessica's family and friends to help her remember her old life, life before Aiden came and ruined everything. Jessica came out the office, glancing at the two of them, flashing a smile. She was obviously lost and scared and she didn't have to say anything, it was written on her face.

The doctor left, leaving the two of them alone. It was awkward standing in front of a person who was actually the same like Aiden and even though he looked like a nice and caring person who caused her heart beat faster, she was still scared of him and didn't trust him so much. She was now left all alone, in the unknown town with a man she sees for the first time. She wanted to cry but she hold it all inside.

"I called your parents while you were inside and they will come on the first plain." Donghae broke the silence. "I know you are probably tired and all but the inspector called me and told me that you need to come to the station and tell them everything that happened." 

She didn't want to go. As Donghae said, she was dead tired, stressed, shocked and scared and she didn't hve the strenght to tell some stranger what was happening for the past six months. She sighed and started walking but she stopped as soon as she heard his voice again.

"I told him you had a long check at the doctors and that you fell asleep so he won't bother you for a day or two." 

She turned around and looked at him again. His face that reminded her of a man she put all her trust on, a man who kidnapped her and lied to her but a man who's eyes were warm and kind and he was different from the stories Aiden told her.

"Thank you." she said kindly and made him smile causing her heart beat fast again.
"I'll take you h-, I mean back to my house so you can wait for your family there." he said. He wanted to say home but he couldn't because she doesn't not a thing about the place where they should share everything, instead this happened. 
Jessica nodded and they drove off to his aparment. It was quiet during the driving. Each of them were in their own world, thinking and hoping. She was embarrased a bit and didn't dare to look at him, instead, she was looking thourgh the window, observing the streets of Seoul, thinking and trying to realise what happened today.