False

New chance to love

A month passed by and after Donghae experienced the first anniversary without Jessica, he was feeling even more down than usual. Nothing could cheer him up and he spent days at home in silence that he hated. He would hear with Jessica's family who returned to L.A. and decided to wait for the news about their daughter and sister there. Donghae's friends couldn't do anything anymore.

November brought only rainy and cloudy days, Donghae's least favorite season. One Saturday, he got a call that froze blood in his veins.

"Mr Lee, please come to the station." the inspector who leaded the investigation of Jessica's case. Donghae's legs were shaking and he was shocked because he didn't expect this phone call. By the sound of the man's voice, the situation wasn't good, but Donghae didn't want to ask anything, instead he rushed to the police station with Hyuk. He called Jessica's family to tell them that he's going to the station and that he'll let them know everything soon. He was holding back tears since he ended the conversation and hundred different thoughts were passing through his mind. None of them said a word in the car and that brought even more nervous atmosphere. Both of them were anxious to find out what the inspector had to say. 

Soon they arrived and quickly entered the station and went to the inspector's office. He was expecting them at his desk, with a bunch of filles.
"Hello Mr Choi." the boys greeted and the man gestured them to sit down. 
"Hello, do you want some coffee, tea?" Mr Choi asked. Both of them shook their heads and wanted to get to the point immediately.
"Listen, the police found a body in the forest. The body isn't in a good condition but we think that it might be Miss Jung. We called you to see the body for yourself." Mr Choi said with a huge pain in his voice. He has been an inspector for a lon time and this is the first case that didn't brought him a single clue during the investigation and after 7 months of searching, this was the first one. He was observing two friends who were completly shocked.

Donghae's worst nightmare might come true and the words we was frighting to hear were said. His world crashed and he was staring at the older man feeling how his eyes are filling with tears. He blinked at they started to stream. Mr Choi was looking at Donghae with a sad look, feeling sorry and he too was really sad to inform him such a bad news.
Hyukjae was also crying because he couldn't believe that the history is repeating again and that the killer might be Aiden again, if that's really Jessica. 

"I'll give you time so calm. I'll be waiting you outside." the man said and Hyukjae nodded. Donghae covered his face with his shaky hands and started to let out sobs. He was afraid. Afraid that it really is Jessica and that in a few minutes, the girl that saved him will lay in front of him, lifeless. Silence was in the room and only sobs were heard. The atmosphere was just like 6 years ago, in the hospital when the doctor announced that Jinae died. 
 
Both of them were broken and couldn't stop crying. It seemed like everything is over now, that he has to go through another funeral, another years of pain and loneliness. Anger appeared and Donghae started to shake his knee uncontrolably, grinning his teeth and passing though his brown hair with his fingers.

"We shouldn't even return home." Donghae said between heavy breaths, with a shaky voice.
"Donghae..." Hyukjae stuttered, looking at his devistated friend.
"What if it's her? How will I continue to live with the same pain I felt when Jinae died? Why is this happening to me again Hyuk?" Donghae asked, breaking Hyukjae's heart because he didn't know the answers, and he would give anything to know them. 
"Donghae, we need to see if it's her. Can you do that?" the blond asked, wiping his tears away.
Donghae nodded and got up, followed by Donghae. Mr Choi was waiting for them and started walking to the place where the body was. The hallway was long and badly lighted, and Donghae was looking at each little light that was on the ceiling. The door signed "Mortuary" causing sick feeling in Dongahe's stomach. Mr Choi stopped in front of the door and glanced at Donghae and Hyukjae.
"Ready?" he asked. Both of them nodded. Donghae was still silently crying as they were entering the room. It was a cold and dark room. The first body that he saw covered was the girl that might be Jessica. Mr Choi stopped in front of the place where the body was lying, covered with a white sheet. Beside it the coroner was standing, greeting them. Mr Choi singalised him to remove the sheet so they can see  the body. 

The girl was indeed in a really bad condition, with bruises and dried blood. 
Donghae and Hyukjae was looking at the face of the girl who wasn't showing much despite the orange hair that the girl had, it wasn't Jessica. Donghae glanced at Mr Choi and shook his head. 

"It's not her." and he left the room, crying his eyes out again. Hyukjae's hands were shaking and he was also crying. 
"Okay, calm Mr Lee and we will have a small talk later." Mr Choi said and Hyuk left the room, following Donghae who was now on the floow, leaned agains the cold white wall. He was crying, trying not to let a sound. He was breathing heavily and shaking. The torture continued and in a way he felt relieve knowing it wasn't her, but sad because he has to wait more, again without any clue or trace of Jessica and his brother. He didn't know if these tears were from relief of from sadness. Hyukjae crouched in front of his friend, and held his hand.

"I'll call Jessica's family." he announced and Donghae nodded shortly. Hyukjae tok his hand and pulled him so he can stand up and they went to Mr Choi's office.