Broken Heart

Failing Chemistry

* Key POV *

I didn’t know what my father as thinking when he agreed to my marriage. It wasn’t like he knew me and knew how my life was panning out in front of me. And it certainly wasn’t like he knew any of my friends and anyone I’d ever spoken to, or been out with.

So he could hardly expect me to marry his boss’ daughter, especially when I was with Amber. He didn’t know me at all.

And the second thing that was worrying my heart was figuring out a way to tell Amber. I know she didn’t need to know, but I felt like telling her. I thought she ought to know what my father had planned for me.

I just hoped that she would listen long enough for me to tell her the whole story. I feared that, if she heard the part about me having an arranged marriage and not the other, then she wouldn’t understand and she would leave me.

And I couldn’t stand her leaving. I could barley take her being away from me.

* Tiffany POV *

Kibum had said that he didn’t want to marry me, and he’d been pretty rude about it too. I didn’t care thought. Sooner or later…they all come around. I’ll get my way with Kibum.

I walked up to that tomboy, Amber’s house and knocked on the door. This should be fun…

A boy with messy dark brown hair opened the door and gave me a suggestive look.

“In your dreams, honey! I’m looking for Amber,” I said cockily with a smirk on my face. He shook his head knowingly and then stepped back to let me through.

I stood in the hall way comfortably while the boy ran up the stairs. It was a small hall way to what I was used to, but it was a nice shade of blue. I waited for a little bit before there were footsteps on the stairs again.

Amber came to a stop in front of me.

“Oh…Tiffany?” she asked confused, or maybe it was that she didn’t know my name. Well, she soon would: the Tiffany that brought her world to a close, her relationship with Kibum to its end. It would be me who would tear the world she knew and loved apart.

“Amber, I’ve come by to tell you something important, can we sit down?” I asked smiling. I didn’t know how Kibum could be attracted to such a boyish person. Maybe he was gay. I mean look at her…she would look like a girl if it weren’t for her legs and her lack of an Adam’s apple. Oh and a that is! (Excuse my French!!!!!! There is no other word for it :D)

“Sure,” she said leading the way through a door on the left. She was wearing a pair of light yellow shorts and a baggy t-shirt that read ‘I put the FUN in FUNERAL,’ in black; how tasteless.

“What’s on your mind, Tiffany?” she asked sitting on one of the cream leather couches sitting in the room. I sat on the other.

“It’s something about Kibum, and I do hope that you won’t be mad at me when I tell you,” I told her. Her expression turned suspicious.

“Why would I be mad?” she asked seriously.

“Kibum and I are to be married, and he wanted me to come over here and tell you,” her expression turned sour. “Don’t come near him, he doesn’t want you anymore. I mean…who would?” I was being harsh, but I was going to make Kibum mine. She could go and die in a hole for all I cared, as long as Kibum changed his attention to me.

“What……?” she asked quietly looking to the floor with a furrowed brow.

“It’s true, I hope you understand, Amber,” I said getting up to leave. Right before I left the room, I glanced behind me to see a single tear dribble down her cheek. I smiled knowing that more would follow.

My plan would work perfectly. I was pretty proud of myself at how cunning I am. I let myself out the house and walked away knowing that she would be calling him right about now.

* Jonghyun POV *

I’d run up the stairs to get Amber. Her ‘HOT’ friend had come over looking all y. (As you do when you’re hot)

She was sat by her window again, watching the wind blow through the leaves no doubt.

“Amber-ah, your hot fri…I mean…your friend is downstairs,” I slipped up. Aigoo! What is she gonna think of me?

“Hmm..?” she looked up at me. “Oh, hi Jongie…when did you get here?” she was really away with the fairies today. She’d been like it ever since she came home from me allowing her to go on that chaperoned date with Kibum.

“I said that your friend was down stairs,” I repeated smiling. She really loved that boy. Maybe he wasn’t as bad as I thought he was. If he loved her too, then everything was fine and dandy.

“I’ll make your something yummy, ne?” I said smiling and pulled her off her seat. I pushed her down the stairs and took the other way down to get to the kitchen.

~~**~~

I took the tray of freshly cut fruit into the lounge with a smile. Putting it on the table, I looked up to see that Amber’s friend was gone. Amber was sat on her own with her head down. It took me a while to figure out that there were streams of water running down her face.

“A-amber?” I asked cautiously. “What’s wrong? Why are you crying?” I didn’t know what to do. She’d never really cried like this in front of me before. She was a strong little girl, so I’d never really seen this side of her.

“Key…h-he’s getting…m-married….!” She sobbed. God! That bastard! How could he do this? I was so wrong when I said he was alright. I take it back.

“Aaaooohhh…Amber….” I said grimacing. She really looked powerless and weak. That boy will pay. My heart broke at the sight of her weeping.

“It’s alright, baby, I’ll take care of that slug,” I said as softly as I could, but really, I was screaming on the inside.

* Key POV *

I didn’t know what to do. I sat down on my bed heavily, picked up my phone and started to type a message to Amber, but then deleted it all. How was I going to put what was circling around in my head into words? It sounded impossible.

I decided to call her…but then I stopped the call.

By now Tiffany would have left. I sighed, ran my fingers through my hair and fell back onto the bed. I hate my life! (Except for Amber ^_^)

There was a knock, and Appa pocked his head around the door.

“What do you want?” I spat sourly. I was in no mood to talk to him.

“I came to reason with you,” he said bring his whole body over the threshold.

“I don’t want to hear it. Get out!” I shouted, sitting up and clenching my fists.

“If you would just take the offer…I could~” he began but I cut him off.

“What makes you think I’d do anything for you? You’ve made the last few years of my life a misery. Amber’s the only good part about my life and you’re going to take that away from me just because you want your job back? I’m not going to comply that easily! And another thing, I’m not going to that University, I’m going to a university of my choice, thank you very much!” I said and somewhere in the middle I must’ve stood up out of fury.

“Now, get out!” I pointed to the door.

“I understand, Kibum. I didn’t really expect you to agree. I just thought that if I force you in to it, then you might listen, because it being an official thing. But I guess I was wrong. You’re very strong willed…just like your mother you know. I feel bad about messing up your face a lot,” that was surprising. He remembered. How could he remember? He was such good friends with the drink I didn’t think that he’d remember anything about anything after those drinking sessions. No wonder he got fired.

“I just wanted to say…that I’m sorry…for everything,” and then he was gone. WAS HE BIPOLAR??? I’m so confused! One minute he’s forcing me to get married, and the next he’s apologising fr everything? What was with him?

~~ <3 ~~

well...it's very late here so i will be going to sleep now :D see you 2moz fr another update hopefully!!! i'll try my best!!!hope this wets your taste buds for whats up next xD it'll be juicy...(i hope it is anyway) i don't really know what's going to happen 2moz! too tired to think properlly!!!!!!! NIGHTY NIGHT!!!! my beautiful subscribers/friends.... (we're all friends now right??) BYEEEE <3