“Oppa! It hurts!”

Failing Chemistry

* Key POV *

I pulled that kid off of Amber roughly. He was gonna get it now. I hadn’t realised how protective I was being.

“How dare you!” I screamed feeling the anger grow inside me. “How dare you kiss my Koala baby?!” I clenched my fist and pulled my arm behind me head.

I hit him as hard as I could as the anger exploded. And again, and again. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Amber being patted on the head by Krystal.

She was safe with them. I could stop worrying now. Vic and Luna ran to me with their hands in the air trying to calm me down. It wouldn’t work. No one was going to kiss my koala baby and get away with it. He was going to get what was coming to him.

“Key! Yah, stop now, he’s had enough,” shouted Vic after about twenty punches.

She was right, I should stop, but not because he’d had enough, I just wanted to see my Koala baby.

“Please don’t hurt my Amber like that again,” I said to him sternly, throwing him to the floor. His face was bruised and his eye puffy. I walked away from the situation, or more like ran, to get to Amber quicker.

Vic and Luna stayed behind to help him.

I got to the room to find Amber in our bed, lying on her front, with an ice pack on her head and a heat pack on her back. She had her eyes closed. Sulli was kneeling next to the bed rubbing Amber’s shoulder comfortingly. Krystal was rummaging through the first aid kit with Mrs. Koon.

I sighed. She was in pain. Seulegi!! She wasn’t supposed to get hurt.

“How are you Amber-ah?” I asked taking Sulli’s place.

“I’m f-fine…Oppa,” she said smiling at me with closed eyes. It wasn’t her usual smile though.

“You don’t have to act strong for me, Koala,” I said sighing again.

“Okay…Oppa! It hurts!” she whined and pouted cutely. I hugged her as best I could without disturbing the ice pack or the heat pack. But it proved very difficult because I was hugging her so tightly.

“You’re making it worse,” she said with a strained voice.

“Miane! Please get better soon so that I can hug you again,” I said kissing her cheek. She smiled and giggled.

How did something so fragile and sweet end up with me? The world’s worst son. I hated myself to think of what I did to my Umma. It was like a constant battle in my head. Half of it was telling me that it wasn’t my fault at all and that I should confront my Appa. But the other half was blaming me for even wanting ice cream so late, and I didn’t even need it. I was a chubby kid.

How was Appa spending his week? Probably drinking his life away in the pub, no doubt. He could be trying and failing to chap up cheep women. Women who were way out of his league even though they were cheep…yeah, that’s how low and disgusting he was.

Amber was watching me. She traced her hand over my face and I relaxed it.

“What are you thinking?” she asked worried.

“I was wondering what my Appa is doing,” I said not putting any emotion into it.

“You’re still blaming yourself for what he did, aren’t you?” she asked shaking her head.

I nodded and was about to say something when I was forced to the floor by a sudden weight. Amber had thrown herself at me with her arms open.

I could tell that what she’d done had put her in pain by the way her voice was quiet.

“What do I have to do to make you feel good about that?” she asked groaning at the pain she was putting on her back.

* Amber POV *

I wanted to make him forget about that accident. But I didn’t know how. Kisses weren’t enough.

My back felt like it was broken and my head was worsening with every blink. I sighed still on the floor with Key Oppa.

I’m sure that everyone including Mrs. Koon was watching us. I never seem to have any alone time with him when I’m in a room with all my friends.

“Amber-ah, please get back on the bed before you hurt yourself anymore,” said Mrs. Koon closing the first aid kit.

“Ne,” I said and got off of Key Oppa. He helped my back on to the bed. He was do gentle with me. It was like I was a flower and he was a gardener. (CHEESY)

Vic and Luna came back into the room. Vic wasn’t happy.

“You, mister, you’re just one problem after another; first you steal my Amber’s heart and then you go and beat up a poor kid who just confessed to Amber,” she sat down on her bed.

“And why shouldn’t I? She’s my Amber now,” I said smiling at her and then at Vic. “Plus he did kiss her, and I am the only one who’s allowed to kiss her,” I pointed to myself.

“You may be, but you’re not the one who just got lectured, shouted and glared at by Yoseob’s friends,” said Luna standing next to Krystal. Sulli had jumped on to her bed, but I hadn’t seen her because I had been on top of Key Oppa at the time.

“Yeah, DooJoon gave me an earful about how he’s precious to them and he’s their friend and he shouldn’t be treated awfully. It was really boring,” compained Luna sitting down next to Vic.

* Key POV *

“Miane girls, I’ll go and apologise,” I got up and left the room. Walking down the hall I remembered the way I felt when I saw his lips on my Amber and shuddered. I knocked on the door that I’d guessed to be Yoseob’s.

Kikwang opened the door. He didn’t look happy to see me. I’m guessing Luna and Vic told them it was me.

“What are you doing here?” he snarled. “Come to beat up a love struck teenager again?” he crossed his arms over his chest.

“No, I actually came to apologise to Yoseob,” I said truthfully. Yoseob came to the door slowly. His face was still badly bruised and purple.

“What?” he said irritably.

“Jwesonghamnida,” I bowed and waited for someone to say something. Yoseob sighed.

“Its fine, I’m really sorry about kissing your girlfriend,” he said sincerely. “I didn’t mean to hurt her, I was being silly, please forgive me?” I stood up straight to see him bowing. I was shocked.

“Yah, what are you bowing for? He beat you up Yoseob!” companied DongWoon.

“Ne, but I kissed his girlfriend,” he said standing up straight.

“We’ll forgive each other,” I suggested smiling and held out my hand. He took it and shook it. And then the door was closed.

Oh thank God that was over! Now I could get back to looking after Amber.

~~ <3 ~~

KYA!!! another one and it's longer than the last chapter!!! yehyeh!! well i hope you enjoyed that :) I really don't like crappy chinese restaurants. the food is awful :( i didn't have dinner tonight!!! byyeee <3