A good day

Failing Chemistry

* Amber POV *

I got changed back into my uniform after the nurse told me that I could go. Pulling my sock up I ran out of the office a little too fast and I lost my balance. I felt to the floor expecting to land on the hard ground.

But no pain came. No cold flat surface. Only a warm embrace. I looked up to see who it was. Key. Obviously. It was like one of those Korean dramas (kekekeke) but I blushed anyway. Typical. But I couldn’t help it, he was so…so…I didn’t know how to explain it.

“Be careful Amber!” he said seriously checking me over to see if I’d gotten any scratches. I was unharmed and after he’d approved that I hadn’t actually hurt myself.

“I’m fine Oppa, let’s go to the library and start your tutoring, araso?” I said trying to lead him. But he stopped me and held my hand properly. I felt my face get hotter and he led me to the library.

We sat down in the library, hand in hand, and took out our books. There wasn’t many people there; just the librarian, a few people studying in hidden corners and us.

“How’s your head by the way?” he asked gently lifting the hair that I’d precisely put there to cover up the fat purple lump on my forehead. It did still sting rather a lot when someone touched it.

“Ow!” I said putting my hand up to where his was. Great there goes my face again. STOP BLUSHING!!! I was practically shouting in my head.

“Mianha, Amber,” he said biting his lip. But what he did next was very unexpected. He put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. Then he kissed my forehead. My face was going to need some serious cooling down later.

“What are you doing Oppa?” I asked smiling shyly at him. He chuckled.

“Well, since we’re doing this thing, we should set up boundaries and, just to be sure, we should probably always be in relationship mode, just so that it works,” it was weird, it was like he was turning it into a job.

But I liked it. He was taking over. Becoming the man in this fake relationship. If only the fake part wasn’t there. Wait….why do I care? It’s just a game…isn’t it? It probably is to him. It’s why he’s being so cool about it all.

* Key POV *

Somewhere in the back of my mind, something was telling me that I needed to take control over this situation. Like, if I didn’t take over, then she’d go away. I need to keep her here with me. I was afraid of being on my own.

In fact, the only reason I hadn’t killed my Appa yet was the fact that he was still there. Still someone to rely on. He wasn’t going to leave if I didn’t talk to him.

And now I felt like Amber wasn’t going to leave either. Not now that we’d told her friends that we were dating. She’d stay with me…wouldn’t she?

I needed her, more than she knew. She wasn’t going to go away if I showed my sensitive side. Defiantly not going to beat me either. Suddenly a brilliant and most wonderful idea popped into my head.

“Let me take you for a coffee,” I said after we’d finished the hours session. She turned a little pink.

“Oh um…I don’t think I can, Oppa. My Umma will be expecting me home,” she said. It was alright. I didn’t mind. I’d been rejected so many times for things that it didn’t get me down much anymore.

“I see…” I said. “I bet you’d have more fun when you’re with me, though,” I grinned at her and she giggled like a little school girl…well she was one…but you get the gist.

“I’d better be going Oppa,” she said standing up. I grabbed her hand and pulled her in for a bear hug. She wrapped her thin arms around me. She pulled back to see my face.

“A lot’s happened today, huh?” she said packing away her books and holding them to her chest. “What a good day,” she smiled at me and then went on her tiptoes. She kissed me cheek and then ran off out the library, waving to me as she went.

I smiled to myself, picked up my books and left the library. This day defiantly had been a good one.

~~ <3 ~~

i shouldn't stay up this late...or should i say early>> its like 3 in the morning xD lol another chapter for y'all! hope you enjoy it :) see you next time!!! have a good day!! <3