Chaperone

Failing Chemistry

* Amber POV *

My eyes were still puffy from all the crying I’d done yesterday when the sun rose. Jonghyun Oppa was still trying to make me eat his surprisingly delicious cooking, but I refused.

“Please, just one mouthful,” he begged me holding the chopsticks in front of my face. It was ramen. I gave in. my tummy was rumbling.

I opened my mouth and he fed me the ramen. It tasted good, in fact it was delicious. I opened my mouth again for him to feed me more.

“Am I ungrounded now?” I asked taking a sip of water.

“Just because I told you why I hate him so much, doesn’t mean that you can go and see him,” he said to me putting the chopsticks down.

“You are so…why can’t i?” I whined, begging a tantrum.

“He may have changed but my view of him hasn’t, and until I see his change, I’m not letting you anywhere near him,”

I sighed loudly. He was being a little selfish. Key Oppa was my boyfriend; I was allowed to see him whenever I wanted.

My phone’s ringtone wet off (If I die young, Gil Le http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuF7scjc0qc) suddenly, sending Jonghyun Oppa and I out of our seats.

Jonghyun Oppa got to it before I could. He answered it too.

“What right do you have to call my sister?” he asked coldly.  

* Key POV *

“It’s my phone, I’ll call who I want, thank you,” I said coolly, even though I was shocked that he’d confiscated her phone.

“Listen, I don’t care how you’ve acted towards my sister these few days, stay away from her,” And then I heard Amber in the back ground: “Oppa!”

“I don’t think you can tell me when I can or can’t see my own girlfriend,” I said getting angry. He was pushing it a little far.

“You’re forgetting that she’s my sister, and I’m in charge of her while our parents are away,” it sounded like he was going to get his way. Nothing that an accident with a piano and some stairs wouldn’t fix…I couldn’t really. He was Amber’s brother. As much as I wanted to…

“Can’t I see her? At least for an hour?” I pleaded, I didn’t care what he thought of me for doing it either, I just wanted to see my Koala baby.

It sounded like he was grinding he teeth together. The only picture I had of Amber was the drawing that was posted to my wall.

“Fine…meet us at the café down the road from the cinema in twenty minutes,”

“Us?” I asked just before he ended the call. God, how arrogant was he going to act?

* Amber POV *

“What the hell do you mean ‘us’?” I asked standing up on the bed.

“I told you, you’re not leaving this house without me,” he said picking up the tray of food from the bed.

“You’re coming with us…on a date?” this was unbelievable! How could he do this to his own sister? It would be hell!

“Of course, I can’t let you alone with him,” he walked out the room.

“But…it’ll be awkward…” I said and followed him out. “Why can’t I just see him by myself?”

“What have I been telling you for the past two minutes? You need to listen more!” he walked down the stair and into the kitchen.

“Oppa! This isn’t fair!” I stomped my foot on the ground. He was so annoying. If Umma and Appa were here, they’d let me go. Cursed win-a-trip-to-Europe competition.

“Quit your complaining and get ready, I’m sure you don’t want to turn up looking like that,” he said pointing to my pyjamas. He was right. I’d better changed into something pretty. But I didn’t really have anything pretty.

I stuck my tongue out at him and then ran up the stairs.

* Key POV *

Fixing my jacket in front of the mirror, I thought about why Jonghyun Sunbae was going to be with us. It really didn’t make any sense. What was he going to do? Stand between us? Omo! I hope I didn’t jinx it.

I sat down in the café, at the very back. Was I supposed to talk to him too? I didn’t even know what this kind of thing was called, let alone how to act. It was quite busy in the café. There were people popping in to buy coffee to go and others who came in to eat lunch.

I hadn’t realised how hungry I was until some lady with her little boy came in to buy a sandwich. I was just getting up when Amber and that brother of hers came through the door.

* Amber POV *

I saw Key Oppa at the back. It looked like he’d spotted me too. He made a gesture for us to go over. I sat down next to him and Jonghyun Oppa sat down opposite Key Oppa.

“How’ve you been?” Key Oppa asked turning to me and smiling. And I was just about to answer him when Jonghyun Oppa butted in.

“I’m fine thank you, Kibum,” he said smiling devilishly. I could almost see the horns spike up on his head.

“I was talking to Amber…but okay, tell me how you’re doing,” he said. It sounded like he was actually interested in my brother.

“Well, I’ve been good. Had to look after this one” he said pointing to me. “You don’t look any different from when we were younger, how’s your father?” he asked seriously. I didn’t know that Jonghyun Oppa would care about his Appa.

“My Appa is…” he sighed. “The same as ever,”

“You’re face looks fine…for now,” Jonghyun Oppa put his eyes to the table.

“You mean…your Appa was doing that to you?” my jaw was probably on the ground as I stared at him in disbelief.

“How do you know about that Amber-ah?” asked Jonghyun Oppa.

“Because, I was looking after his face whenever he ‘ran into lampposts’,” Key Oppa laughed.

“That’s what I called it,” Key Oppa explained seeing Jonghyun Oppa’s confused expression.

We talked for a while, and I hadn’t realised it, but Key Oppa had taken my hand under the table. Key Oppa and Jonghyun Oppa had a really good chat about what they’d missed in their lives; it seemed like they got on really well.

“So, Jonghyun Sunbae, are you going to agree me being with Amber?” Key Oppa asked out of the blue. Jonghyun Oppa seemed taken aback by this sudden outburst.

“Well…if you do what you did in middle school, I’ll put it on your grave stone,” he said severely.

* Key POV *

His face was scary. I forgot he could always get his way with just one look.

“Ne, I promise…and I can’t believe you can still remember what happened with that girl,” I said casually, trying to break his stare.

“Of course I remember, that was my first crush,” he said as his cheeks turning a little pink.

“Oh, Jonghyun Oppa, that’s so cute,” cooed Amber laughing a little.

We talked for a little longer until I remembered that I had to be home. Appa was going to tell me something.

“Well, I have to go home, my Appa is waiting for me,” I said getting up and letting go of Amber’s hand.

“Oppa! Wait,” said Amber standing up and following me to the door. She wrapped her arms around me as I turned to face her.

“I missed you,” she said and pressed her little lips to mine. I opened my eyes to look at Jonghyun Sunbae’s face. It was priceless.

* Amber POV *

When I got back to the table, Jonghyun Oppa’s face was in shock.

“You can’t keep me locked away forever, sooner or later…I was going to lose my innocence,” I said laughing at his silly expression.

I can’t believe I just kissed Key Oppa…in front of my brother! This was one hell of a day!!

~~ <3 ~~

well it was a while since i last updated :D but i finally did it! i think i broke my promise about updating everyday, but i'm sure you don't mind, right? hope you likey likey!!!! that wasn't really a suggestive wink for any reason xD LOVE YOU!!!!! <3 very much! because you are supporting me :) i am very greatful!!