Mysterious Guy?

Failing Chemistry

* Amber POV *

Key had told me that he didn’t have any friends. I felt really bad for him so I told that I would be his friend. I didn’t care what he had to say. I couldn’t stand to see anyone as down as he was all the time. It’s funny I’d never really noticed him before. Plus I like seeing him smile. I liked his smile. I also liked the fact that he didn’t call me a boy.

I got home and walked into the living room to see my brother sat lazily on the sofa.

“I’m home,” I said sitting down next to him.

“Did that Kim guy give you any more trouble?” he asked suspiciously looking at the smile on my face.

“No, Jonghyun Oppa, actually he’s my friend now,” I beamed at him but his expression became disgusted.

“Why the hell are you friends with that slug?” he said wrinkling his nose.

“Are you getting jealous?” I giggled at him.

“I don’t want you to have any more guys in your life,” he said sadly.

“He’s a nice guy, okay? Geez Oppa, you’re so cold hearted,” I sulked, wishing that he’d be nice about people he didn’t know.

“Not to you, I’m not,” he leaned over and hugged me tightly.

“That’s just because you’re my brother,” I said laughing and hugged him back.

“And because I love you,” he smiled slowly showing his teeth.

“You better love me,” I said hitting the side his head lightly.

I went upstairs after he’d let go of me and started my homework. After about half an hour there was a knock at the door and a tray emerged from behind it.

“I brought you some snacks lil’ sis,” he put it down in front of me and patted my head.

“Don’t work too hard,”

“Araso,” I said. He left and I smiled to myself. I have such a lovely brother. I wonder if Key Oppa has any siblings. Maybe an older sister or a younger brother.

I wonder where he is…

* Key POV *

The rest of the day I spent looking for or at Amber. I kept thinking that she’d turn around and say that she didn’t want to be my friend after all. I wondered what had possessed her to do it.

* Flashback*

“I’ll be your friend,”

* End Flashback*

She was rather naïve about things. Did she not care what other people thought of her? But with her naïve-ness came her cuteness.

I went home without worrying about Appa. He was either at work or still passed out on the sofa. Who knew how much alcohol he drank to get him in that state? I closed the door softly not wanting to wake him if he was in the house.

I got a glass of water and explored the house but found no traces of him. He wasn’t in. I was alone.

I decided to draw her. I’d have to do it from memory, but I’m sure I could remember.

It was like I was pouring my emotions into the picture. It was the first time in a while that I’d drawn someone happy.

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee478/B3aut1fulM0nst3r/4eev.jpg - this is the picture :3

After I’d finished it, I stuck it on my wall and admired it until I heard the door downstairs shut.

I turned the radio on and turned up the volume. He knocked. I pretended not to hear him.

“Kibum!” he called “Kibum?” and again. I didn’t want to talk to him, or even see his face.

I closed my eyes and hoped that he wouldn’t open the door. Soon enough he went away. So I was sat in my room with the radio blasting, staring at the picture of Amber wondering how they could be from the same race.

One was kind and lovely for no reason and the other was getting so pissed that he was beating his son to a bloody pulp. He didn’t even remember…or did he?

I’d never actually brought it up before, if he remembered what he did to me; if he enjoyed beating me. He couldn’t could he? He couldn’t…enjoy hurting me…could he?

* Amber POV *

“Amber! Hurry up!” called Umma.

“Araso!” I grabbed my bag and ran down the stairs, dumping it by the door when I got to the bottom. Jonghyun Oppa was already at the table chewing on a piece of toast. Umma was washing the dishes in a white apron.

“Over slept?” he asked smiling.

“Ne, because Oppa didn’t wake me up! Babo!” I hit the side of his head lightly before I sat down and poured myself a bowl of cereal.

“Good morning, Umma,” I said with a mouth full of Yummy-O’s.

“Morning Amber,” she said walking over and kissed my forehead.

The door bell went and I shoved one last spoon full of cereal in my mouth before running to the door to open it.

Krystal, Luna, Sulli and Vic were standing outside waiting for me when I opened the door.

“Hi guys,” I said swallowing my cereal.

“Late again, Amber?” laughed Vic looking down at my feet and bending down to pull up one of my socks.

“Mainha, blame Jonghyun Oppa, he didn’t wake me up,” I complained. “Bye Umma, Bye Oppa,” I called closing the door.

“Where were you yesterday lunchtime? We were worried,” asked Sulli sounding concerned in her usual cute voice.

“Off with some mysterious boy?” asked Krystal suspiciously .

“Yah, he’s not mysterious,” I said defensively.

“WOOA?” they all said looking at each other and then at me with wide eyes.

“So there is a guy?” asked Luna smiling.

“Ani, it’s not like that,” I explained knowing they wouldn’t believe me. “He’s just a friend,”

I didn’t know why they were ganging up on me. Everyone had guy friends, didn’t they? Well, I did. I knew some of Jonghyun Oppa’s friends and they seemed to like me.

“You guys have guy friends, don’t you?” no one answered. Just me then.

“When do you talk to boys Amber?” I thought you weren’t interested,” Krystal wondered out loud.

“Yeah, what changed?” Luna leaned her arm on my shoulder.

“N-nothing, he’s my friend I swear,” I said to them. They dropped it and we talked and laughed all the way to school.

~~ <3 ~~

sooo chapter 5 :) cool!! i watched harry potter 7 part 2 2day!!! XD ITS SO GOOD!!! wish i was a wizard!! :D anyway!! hope you enjoyed it!! have a good day!! i will probs be starting writing the next chapter now sooo stay tuned :3 wow that was...rather cheesy!! kekeke lol kayy see you next time!!! <3