On the way ~ Part One

Failing Chemistry

(This one might be a little long :D)

* Amber POV *

I was sat next to Key on the coach near the back. Luna and Vic were sat next to us in the other isle and Sulli and Krystal were sat behind us.

“So, Key Oppa, why didn’t your parents come to see you off?” I asked.

“That man, who calls himself my father, wouldn’t care if I jumped off a bridge,” he was really angry and he clenched his fists so tight that I was scared that his knuckle bones would pop through his skin.

“Key Oppa, what’s wrong? I’m sure your Appa would care very much if you did something like that,” it was impossible to think that his father didn’t care.

I put my hand over his to calm him. And I think it worked. I watched his eyes soften and soon his hands unclenched under mine.

For a guy, he really did have soft hands. And I hadn’t even realised that he’d taken my hand in his because I was thinking about how soft they were. Sometimes I wondered why I was on the tutor programme. I couldn’t concentrate for very long when I was with Key Oppa.

“What about your Umma?” I asked trying to change the subject quickly.

“My Umma died when I was eleven,”

OMO! What am I supposed to say to that? ‘Sorry’, isn’t really that original.

“It isn’t a very long story, not an exciting one either,” was he really going to tell me how his Umma died? Was I even ready for this?

“Umma and I had gone out shopping. I think it was because I really wanted ice cream and we didn’t have any. But it was late and we were in the car.” He looked really sad but he also looked really happy at the same time.

“We were just driving down our road and there was someone in the road. I don’t know where he came from. He just walked out in front of the car. Umma swerved and we hit a tree. I remember looking over and she had blood dripping down her head…”

* Flashback *

* Key POV *

“Umma! Can I have ice cream when we get back?” I asked giggling. She smiled.

“Of course, Kibum; that’s why I bought,” she said looking over at me with her big loving eyes. I was really excited. Ice cream! I loved the stuff. But I didn’t know what it was. It was really cold and tasty. It was magic to me.

“Umma can have some too,” I said grinning. My car seat gave me enough height to see out the windscreen. It was dark but I could still see that there was something staggering into the road. We would hit it if I didn’t say something.

“Umma! What’s that in the road?” I asked worried that we were getting very close to it.

I closed my eyes, tightly. It all happened very quickly. It was a last minute thing…swerving into the tree. I wasn’t expecting her to swerve. Why didn’t she just break? I didn’t understand anything.

When I opened them again, all the lights were off, there was smoke all around me and when I looked over at Umma, her head was hung limply and there was blood dripping down her head. There was blood everywhere.

I could feel tears in my eyes.

“Umma! Umma!” I called. She didn’t wake up. “Umma!” I unbuckled my seat belt and crawled out the car. The man was lying in the middle of the road.

He had a brown bottle in his hand and the fowl stench coming from him burned my nostrles. It was the first time I’d smelt it.

“Excuse me! My Umma she’s hurt, PLEASE HELP!” I shouted running over to the man. His eyes were the same as mine. And his hair horribly familiar.

“Appa?” it was him alright.

* End Flashback *

* Amber POV *

“The man sitting in the middle of the road was my Appa. I’d never seen him drunk before then. It was…scary. He hit me for the first time that night.”

That struck an alarm in my head. Why would he have said ‘For the first time’ if his Appa hadn’t done it more than once? And on Wednesdays I’d been cleaning his face up, pretending that he liked smashing he face into lampposts. I hadn’t asked about what really happened and I think I just found out.

I didn’t know what to say. I was literally speechless. It was like my vocabulary had been blown out my ears.

“One of the neighbours called the ambulance. They said that she’d died on impact. I couldn’t have done anything. But I know it’s my fault. I shouldn’t have been such a baby…asking for ice cream at eight at night. What was I thinking?”

He was saying all these things and I couldn’t understand why he was blaming himself. He was four for the love of god.

“Key! It’s not your fault. If anything it’s your Appa’s fault. I don’t know why you blame yourself. Nothing could be done.” I tried to reassure him. He’s been blaming himself all these years, someone needed to tell him it wasn’t his fault.

“Yes it is Amber-ah,” I blushed a little at him calling me that. Were we really that close already? I was glad.

“Key! I don’t care what you say. You are not guilty. You’re not,” I squeezed his hand and then I leaned over and wrapped my arms around him. I wanted to comfort him. I wanted to tell him that everything was fine. But it wasn’t. I still had to ask him about those Wednesdays I spent sorting out his face.

“When you said, your father hit you for the first time…does he still…do it?” I asked not looking at him. He put his arm around my shoulders and smiled.

“What about your family Amber-ah?” Great…he changing the subject.

“What about my family?” I said realising that I was really close to his lips. And there goes my face again. blushing at really inappropriate times.

“Do you have any brothers or sisters?” he crossed his legs looking past me out the window.

“Yeah, I have a brother,” I said. “He’s way too protective over me; he told me to stay away from you, but I couldn’t,” my face must’ve looked like a tomato because he laughed and then pushed my chin higher towards his face. He made me want to DIE!! It was just so annoying that he always did things to tease me, but he never actually kissed me.

Not that he would, it’s only pretend. The side of his mouth curved up into a lopsided smile. It was so cute. I could feel eyes on the back of my head. It must’ve been Vic and Luna.

I couldn’t look away from his eyes. They were just amazingly deep. Like an optical illusion. But I didn’t really know how to explain it. It was too complicated.

“And I can’t stay away from you,” he said. I knew it was an act for Luna and Vic who were listening to our conversation and watching him nearly kiss me.

“Guys, save it for when you’re alone,” scolded Vic ruining our fun.

“Amber-ah is so lucky to have such a lovely boyfriend,” I heard Luna to Vic. I smiled and I sat back in my chair watching things pass the window.  

I smiled to myself and Key Oppa must have seen it.

“What are you smiling about Amber-ah?” he took my hand again and I felt really warm. I felt safe.

“You,” I said giggling a little.

* Key POV *

“Me?” I asked looking at her smile. It was really beautiful.

“Yeah, because you’re with me…well, sort of,” she said. It was just a game to her. Damn!

“What about being with me for real?” I asked. Her head whipped around. Her face was in shock and I couldn’t tell if she was happy about it or not.

“Right, everyone! This is our first pit stop,” said the teacher. “Please use the toilet and buy anything you need,”

“Are we still in Seoul?” asked Krystal.

“Yes we are, Krystal.”

It hadn’t been that long and they were already stopping? What crappy drivers.

“Amber-ah, I’m going to go to the toilet, you don’t have to wait for me,” I said getting up and disappearing in the crowd forming outside the coach.

* Amber OPV *

“Key Oppa~” I started to say but he’d already left the coach. Why did he have to do that?

“Amber, you coming?” asked Sulli grabbing my hand and pulling me off the coach.

We’d stopped at a fuel station place. I’m guessing they only stopped to fill up on fuel. Sulli pulled me into the shop. There were snacks everywhere. And it was a pretty big shop for a service station.

Vic, Luna and Krystal were already there waiting for us.

“Hey guys, what took you so long?” asked Krystal.

“Amber was spacing out,” she explained dropping my hand. “I called her three times before she actually heard me.”

It must have been want Key Oppa had said just before he went to the toilet. I laughed, knowing that they had no idea why I had spaced out.

“What’s wrong with her?” asked Luna looking a little afraid.

“Don’t ask me, ask Key, he should know, he was the last one with her,” said Vic.

“Things like what happened earlier better not happen in the room,” said Luna pointing a finger at me.

I nodded. “I’ll try,” I said.

~~ <3 ~~

You may notice that it says part 1 as the title :) well, it's becasue the chpter is going to be so long that i needed to split into like three parts, so you may get two chatpers today :D im all alone today! no one at home but me! oh well, i can concentrate more!
Hope you enjoyed this chapter, nother one coming soon hopefull!!! bye byee!!! for now at least!! <3
( A big thank you to Mary517 for the banner :) can't help but stare at it!!)