Budding Flowers

Failing Chemistry

* Key POV *

It was another chemistry lesson on Thursday and I was sat fairly close to the back on my own.

“Good morning, Key Oppa,” said Amber cutely. I smiled. She waved at four girls who were sat nearer the front and then sat down next to me.

“Oppa?” I asked. No one had ever called me that before. I was singing inside!

“Oh, do you mind me calling you that?” she asked.

“A-aniyo, it’s fine,” I smiled genuinely.

We weren’t paying attention, even though Amber had said: “Aren’t I supposed to be helping you to not block out the teachers?” but instead we played noughts and crosses.

“I won,” she said softly giggling.

“Kim Kibum? What are you two doing?” asked the professor.

“Nothing, sir,” said Amber sweetly winning him over with her cute smile.

He dismissed it as a one off but then latter on he called on me again.

“Right, Mr. Kim. How many protons does Hydrogen have?”

I looked at Amber and she shoved a piece of paper along the desk towards me.

“Ur…” I tried to make it look like I was thinking. “one?”

“Oh,” he was surprised. “Ne it is. That tutoring you’re doing Amber is already working. Great job.” Everyone was looking at us and it was rather embarrassing. So we looked at each other and tried to stop our laughter.

“I’ve got Maths now,” I said

“I have P.E,” she said. I really want to see her in a P.E kit. AISH! WHAT AM I SAYING !?!?

“I’ll see you at lunch then?” I asked.

“Of course, library?” I nodded and started to walk away.

“Bye Key Oppa!” she shouted, waving from her group of friends I’d seen her with earlier.

* Amber POV *

“Bye Key Oppa!” I shouted waving at him from afar as I walked backwards.

I bumped into someone and turned around. It was only Sulli.

“Ah, Mainha,” I turned back to see if I could spot Key Oppa in the growing crowd, but he’d already disappeared within the blink of an eye.

“So was that him?” asked Vic curiously.

“Ooh, the mysterious boy,” exclaimed Krystal.

“I told you, he’s not mysterious, he’s just…lonely,” I didn’t know why I’d said it. I didn’t even know that he was lonely, he hadn’t actually told me.

For all I know, he has more fun when he’s by himself than he does with me.

I sighed and it didn’t go unnoticed.

“What’s the matter Amber? You falling in love with him?” joked Luna, making everyone laugh.

“No I am not, don’t be annoying!” scolded. We headed off to the changing rooms. I hated P.E. I was good at it, but I didn’t like it.

I pulled on my black shorts and white polo shirt, and then pulled trainers on my feet.

We had tennis for the first half. I was no good at tennis. Somehow I always managed to wither hit myself in the face with the racket or miss the ball completely and be hit with it.

* Key POV *

I would probably need tutoring in Maths as well, although was good at it; I just didn’t want to listen to anything anyone had to say, except Amber of course. My new friend! I was so happy. People would think I was in love, but no. Just happy that someone cared.

* Amber POV *

I wondered what Key Oppa was doing in Maths; if he was paying attention. I hoped he was. Something hit me in the head, and hard. I couldn’t think straight for a few moments.

“YAH! Amber! Pay attention!” scolded Vic before she realised that I was really in pain.

“Are you alright?” called Luna running towards me.

“God Krystal! Be more careful where you hit those tennis balls! Looks like you’ve knocked her out! Aish, look at her head; it’s bruised now,” Sulli could be pretty protective sometimes. That’s about the only time she gets serious is when someone gets hurt.

“I’m fine…I think,” I said trying to decipher which one was the one I should tell. Krystal, Sulli and Vic all started to look the same.

“Don’t worry, Sulli,” I said turning to Vic.

“Sorry Vic, I should have been watching,” I said turning to Krystal.

“And thanks for hitting me with a ball, Krystal,” I said turning to Sulli.

“Aish! Look what you did, she can’t tell you apart,” said Luna, hitting Krystal, who I thought was Sulli, over the head.

“Someone, take her to the nurse,” said Krystal.

“Why don’t you do it; since it’s your fault,” blamed Vic.

“I have to go too!” said Sulli in a panic.

So I was slung over both their shoulders and taken to the nurse’s Office. I don’t remember anything after that and then I woke up in a white room with a tall figure standing over me.

* Key POV *

I could see Amber playing tennis from the Maths window. I sighed. I got to see her in her uniform. It was cute because she wasn’t very good at it. :3

I was watching her dodge the ball when she suddenly stopped and had a thoughtful look on her face. Oh no! The ball’s hurtling straight for her! I tensed up and gritted my teeth. It hit her in the head and she fell like a leaf to the ground. She was down and she didn’t get back up. Oh God! Something was wrong!

“Sir?” I asked trying to sound pained.

“Yes Mr. Kim?” he turned around.

“My tummy hurts, may I go to the nurse?” he pressed his pen to his chin, then nodded and went back to teaching the rest of the class while I packed up.

I practically flew out the classroom. I needed to know if Amber was alright. She’s the only person who’s actually given a damn about me in this school. She mattered to me more than anything now.

I caught up with the girls who had her slumped over their shoulders. She looked half dead the way she didn’t respond to my voice. Wait…should she? I don’t know!

“Uh…um…is she alright?” I panic-ally searched for the words to ask. I was nervous and scared and my palms were sweaty.

“Yah! You’re that guy, right?” said the younger looking one.

“Ah! Are you Amber’s boyfriend?” said the other one suspiciously.

“Yeah!” what I said surprised me. WHY DID I SAY THAT? OMO!! What did I do?

“WOOOA?” Both of them looked at each other in awe as they spoke.

“I can’t believe she got a boyfriend before me,” said the older looking one, eyeing me up and down.

“And he’s so hot ~ Aish! This girl, she’s so secretive, never tells her best friends anything,” complained the other while slipping a compliment in there though.

“At this rate all the good ones will be taken and there’ll be none left for me,”

I was just standing listening to their conversation with sweaty hands and Amber was just hung there.

“Stop worrying Krystal, you’ve got a life time to get a boyfriend,” said the younger looking girl.

“Sulli, you are so naïve!”

“um…” I was so worried about Amber but I didn’t know what to do.

“How long have you known Amber for anyway?” said the girl whom I believed to be called Krystal.

“That’s not really relevant right now, don’t you think? Shouldn’t we get Amber to the nurse?” I was desperately hoping that they would hurry up and finish talking so they could get Amber safely to the nurse’s office.

“Yah. I can’t believe we forgot about Amber!” I can’t either, you were talking about her as well. They hurried past me.

“Yah! Wait for me,” is said running after them.

“Excuse me? Amber got hit in the head with a tennis ball,” started Krystal.

“Or rather, you hit her with a tennis ball,” said Sulli.

“Shut up Babo! She’s not quite with it. Is it alright if she stays here until she’s feeling better?” finished Krystal, explaining to nurse Yoon.

“Of course, how long has she been like this?” she asked helping the two girls place Amber in one of the white beds.

I followed gingerly behind them.

“Who’s he?” the nurse asked pointing at me and seeing that I wasn’t wearing a P.E kit. What do I say?”

“Oh, he’s Amber’s boyfriend,” said Krystal coolly. How can she be so calm? Amber’s live is on the line! GAH!

“He can stay too, right?” Sulli asked cutely.

“Babo! We’re not staying!” said Krystal glancing at me.

“Too right, you’re not. Too many people cluttering my office! Only once visitor, araso?”

“Araso!” said Krystal grabbing a hold of Sulli’s arm and dragged her out of the room.

“But Krystal~” was the last I heard of those two.

I didn’t know what to do: sit, stand, cry, try and wake her. So I just stood there staring at her adorable sleeping face.

What was I going to do? I’d accidently told them that I was Amber’s boyfriend and they’d probably told the other two by now. Oh God I was stupid as *BLEEP*. What would Amber think of me now? She wouldn’t want to be my friend if she found out. But I’d have to tell her anyway. And tell her myself.

“Are you going to sit down, or stand there like that forever?” joked the nurse. “I know you’re worried, but don’t be; she’ll be fine,”

By this time she’d gotten an ice pack from the fridge and held it on her head.

“You want to take over?” she gestured to the ice pack.

I took it and gently placed it on the fat purple lump of a bruise on her hair line. I was about to sit down when she slowly opened her eyes and groaned loudly.

“Ah!” she said in pain. She reached her hand up to feel the ice pack I was holding to her head.

“Key Oppa?” she said in surprise. I smiled.

“So, you haven’t forgotten me then?” I said relieved. She tried sitting up in the bed and I helped her before replacing the ice pack on her head.

“What do you mean?” her voice was a little higher than it was in chemistry. It was probably taking a flying green ball to the head.

“You did get hit pretty hard,” I explained.

“Oh, yeah,” she then looked at me quizzically.

“How did you know? You were in Maths,”

“Ur…I was watching the tennis from the Maths window,” I admitted. She turned a light shade of pink and nodded.

“I can hold it myself, you know?” she said putting her hand over mine. She blushed more ad I removed my hand laughing. The pink over her face was so adorable.

“You should get back to class, Oppa, you have to concentrate more!” she said seriously.

“I’ll start worrying about that when I can stop worrying about your brain damage, araso?”

“I don’t have brain damage, Oppa. I’m fine,” she assured me.

“It didn’t look like it,” I said looking into her eyes. They were so beautiful.

“I’m fine, I’m fine! I swear,”

“Araso,” we sat and talked until the bell for next period went.

I didn’t want to leave her, but I had to hand in my homework from two weeks ago, otherwise I’d get a detention.

“Aish! I have to go to Amber,” I said annoyed. I put my hand on the back of her neck and left it there for a little bit.

“I think I’ve changed my mind,”

“W-what do you mean?” she asked with a worried look on her face.

“I’ll come here for lunch instead of going to the library,” I said smiling at her. “Take care while I’m gone, araso?” she nodded, smiled, blushed again and then I left.

~~ <3 ~~

two in one day!!! YEAH!!! please support me :D hope you enjoyed it!! i'll be updating soon hopefully!! have a good day!!! byee <3