"Stay away from my sister!"

Failing Chemistry

* Amber POV *

The next day wasn’t very interesting; everyone was packing, so there wasn’t much else that we were allowed to do because everyone was in their rooms.

I’d already finished packing so there wasn’t much for me to do except watch everyone else. Mrs. Koon came to the door and told us to put our bags in the entrance when we were done.

“I’m going down stairs; I’ll see you down there?” I asked hoisting my suitcase off the bed.

“Sure,” it was weird how they all said it at the same time. I left them and walked to the end of the hall where the stairs were. My case was pretty heavy, and I thought I could make it down the stairs with it. How wrong I was…

I went down first and pulled my case behind me, but the weight of it fell faster and it caught on my heels. I went flying. Luckily it was near the bottom, so didn’t break anything…but I did get some rather nice bruises.

I sat on the floor, with the case beside me, rubbing my bruises.

“Aish! Why am I so clumsy?” I said to myself, thinking that no one could hear me.

“Because you insist on being strong and manly when you’re a girl,” said a voice from behind me. I turned around.

“Yoseob?” he was carrying his case down the stairs. He looked a lot stronger than I did.

“Yah, let me help you,” he said placing his case beside me and picking up mine. He disappeared around the corner and I heard his footsteps plonk on each step. And then they came back.

“You should ask for help next time, Amber,” he said putting a hand out and I took it reluctantly. He pulled me up onto my feet and picked up his case. “Even though you’re strong, you’re still a girl,”

“That’s ist,”

“Yah! I was being nice,”

“If being ist is what you call being nice, don’t be nice to me again,” I said walking past him.

“Wait!” he said grabbing my wrist and pulled my back to face him. “I’m sorry…about kissing you…and getting you hurt,” he said looking to the floor.

“Gwenchanayo,” I said

Then he took a closer look at my wrist. His fingers fit right around it.

“Yah! Why are you so thin? Are you anorexic?” he asked with wide eyes.

“Aniyo! Of course I’m not, babo! How can you say that to a girl so straight forward? There’s no subtly with you,” I said retrieving my arm sharply from his grip and folding my arms across my chest.

“Miane! It’s just that you’re wrists are so thin…are you eating properly?” he asked walking towards the stairs.

“Ne, of course I’m eating properly, just leave it!” I said turning back to go up to my room.

I didn’t look back at him even though he was talking at me and I didn’t hear anything he said either.

I got back to my room and sat back down on the bed. Key Oppa had already finished and was just leaving to take his bag down.

“Amber-ah, can you help me?” he asked pouting at me.

“You’re a strong guy, why should I help?” I asked folding my arms.

“Actually…I just want to be with you…you don’t have to help,” he said chuckling. “And isn’t there still something that you want to say to me?” he asked as I got up from the bed and followed him out the door.

“Araso, I’ll go,” he picked up his case and carried it down the stairs. Yoseob was still standing at the bottom of the stairs. I’m guessing he was waiting for his friends.

“Yoseob,” said Key Oppa nodding his head at the boy.

“Kibum,” Yoseob did the same.

I followed Key Oppa down the last set of stairs before the entrance to the hotel. A lot of people were already there, standing by their cases and talking to their friends.

Vic, Luna and Sulli came down soon after.

“Krystal is still packing?” I questioned. “How much stuff did she bring?”

“Wah, did you see the size of her case? It looked like she brought her whole room,” said Luna laughing.

“Listen up! Mrs. Koon and I are just going to check over the rooms to make sure no one’s left anything behind while all of you get on the coach,” said the teacher.

Everyone filed out, dragging their cases behind them. They made quite a lot of noise on the tarmac.

I sat next to Key Oppa again on the coach. I’d been spending a lot of time with him lately. I wonder if Jonghyun Oppa will be jealous.

* KEY POV *

“Someone left this in room seven!” called Mrs. Koon holding up the picture frame I’d bought Amber.

“Ah! That’s mine!” called Amber, putting her hand up, desperately reaching for it.

Mrs. Koon gave it to one of the students to pass along.

Tiffany, who was sat in front of us, passed it to me.

“You two are really cute together,” she said and turned back to the front.

“Aigoo! It’s a good job I didn’t leave this behind,” she said clutching it to her chest, smiling. I’m glad it was precious to me…because she was precious to me.

The long plane right back, I was sat next to Onew again. I talked to him more than I had on the way to France. He was a really nice guy, so was Minho. Taemin was just adorable. No one could resist him. Especially when he called you Hyung.

I slept through the remaining hours on the coach back to Seoul. Amber did too. Vic took some more pictures of us as well.

I’d be harassing her for those later.

W got back in Seoul at three in the morning, two days after we left the hotel. Mrs. Koon had to wake us up.

“Kibum! Amberf! We’re back in Seoul now, it’s time to go home,” she said smiling. UGH! Home was the last place I wanted to be. Appa’s at home.

I took Amber’s hand and led her off the coach. The school car past was filled with cars and a horde of people near the coach.

“Bye Amber-ah!” called Sulli, waving from the open window of a passing car. Amber waved back.

“I’ll see you soon Amber-ah,” said Krystal getting in a car near the coach.

She still hadn’t told me if she loved me…I was worried.

* Amber POV *

I saw Jonghyun Oppa stomp his way over from the car and my smile faded. He was mad. So mad that he had steam shooting from his ears.

“Yah! What do you think you’re doing?” he shouted pulling me away from Key Oppa violently.

“Ah! Jonghyun Oppa!” I said rubbing my arm where he’d grabbed it.

“Didn’t I tell you to stay away from this slug?”He yelled at me.

“I don’t think you can tell me what to do, Jonghyun Oppa!” I said calmly back, trying not to embarrass myself.

“You’ll listen to me! How dare you go behind my back?”

“He’s my boyfriend, Oppa! I’ll do what I want; you’re not the boss of me,” I was starting to lose my cool.

“I told you to stay away and you didn’t listen! I’m trying to protect you, Amber,”

“I think you should listen to her; I don’t think you can tell her what to do either,” said Key Oppa butting in.

“Who asked you? I don’t want you anywhere near him Amber, he’s bad news,” said Jonghyun Oppa trying to pull me away.

“Let me go! Oppa!” I yelled hitting his arm repeatedly. Key Oppa tried to pull him off too but Jonghyun Oppa turned around and pushed him. Key Oppa fell to the floor with a thud.

“Stay away from my sister!” he glared at Key Oppa. “You’re grounded,” he said tugging me towards the car.

“You can’t ground me! Who are you, my Umma?” I said struggling to escape his death grip on my arm. I’d definitely have bruises there tomorrow.

“Well, I just did; you’re not leaving the house without me,” he opened the car door and threw me on the seat, then slammed the door.

I saw Key Oppa getting smaller and smaller in the rear view mirror. All I could do was regret not telling him how I felt. Who knows when I’ll see him again?

* Key POV *

I watched as Amber’s car turned the corner and disappeared. Jonghyun? Where had I heard that name before? Oh, that’s right. He’d been my sunbae in middle school. I knew him before my Umma died. He was my friend before that happened too. And then…

He just stopped talking to me. I might have been acting a little coldly towards him, but you couldn’t blame me. I’d lost my Umma.

Vic, Luna, Minho and Taemin rushed over to me. It seems I’ve found friends after all this time being alone. It also seemed that, I not only got closer to Amber, but closer to her friends too.

“Key Hyung! Are you alright?” asked Taemin with wide eyes. Luna brushed off my back.

“Ani,” was all I said before making the long walk home with my suit case.

“Be careful Key!” called Vic. I just waved my hand, not turning around. And after all this, I would have to see my Appa. That would put me in a right foul mood.

~~ <3 ~~

Kamsmnida!! please forgive me! it took 2 days to write this xD i hope you enjoy it though!!!