wishful thinking...

You Can't Hurry Love...

 

This is awkward. She has dated a lot of guys. She’s used to eating out with different guys. But now, she doesn’t know what is wrong with her. She’s nervous. Was she afraid of hearing another negative comment from Gongchan. She’s hoping that she pleased him. Wae? Wae? Why was she hoping to please this guy? There’s nothing so important about him. She sat straight to ease herself and focus on eating. Gongchan took his first spoonful of the Bibibap she made. She was looking intently on him.

“Wae? What are you looking at?” Gongchan asked. Confused by her actions.

“Nothing. Just go on, eat your Bibimbap.” She said.

“You didn’t put any poison in it, did you?” Gongchan asked as if accusing her of planning to kill him.

“I am not that desperate to kill a helpless man.” She defended.

Silence. He took his first bite. He paused for a bit and continued eating..

Eu-na was pleased by what she saw. She felt contented. For the first time Gongchan didn’t complain. She felt like she did something good today. And when she felt his two eyes were staring at her while she was eating her Bibimbap. She raised her head and met his gaze.

“What’s with your nails?” he asked. He took her hand to have a closer look. “You chipped your nail. Isn’t it that models like you have their own personal assistants?” still holding her hand.

She was shocked. His hands were warm. She can’t focus. She was lost for a moment. Why does he have to do this to her. She doesn’t know if she should pull her hand back or let herself feel his soft, comforting hand on hers. Then finally she found the strength to pull her hand and answer his question.

“No. actually I didn’t know----I didn’t know I chipped my nails. Thanks.” She said. And then continued eating. Her heart was pounding so hard she could hear it. Just eat Eu-na, eat.. don’t look at him.

“Eu-na, why are you doing this?” Gongchan said to break the silence.

“Doing what?” she responded without looking at him.

“This. You followed me to my house. You cleaned my house, you had my clothes laundried, cooked food for me, us. Is this to make me look stupid and to take back all the things that I’ve said about you” Gongchan said.

“Sort of.” She said. “I’m also doing a favour for my friends. I want them to think that I’m dating so they won’t insist on me getting a boyfriend.”

“You want a date?” he asked. “I have a friend, but he’s a playboy type. You can date him. I’m sure he’ll like you.”

“Ok.. I can meet your friend whenever I have time.” How I wish he offered himself to be my date.