Winter Break Getaway

Love and War on the Court
Please log in to read the full chapter

No one showed up for both morning or after school practice again on Thursday and morning practice on Friday.

Cooking class was awkward as Kris and Tao did not speak to each other. After class, Tao fled out the room, but was pulled back by a hand wrapping around his wrist. Tao whipped his head around, “What is it, Kris?”

“Break starts tomorrow.”

“And?”

“We have an annual winter break getaway trip.”

“What? Like a boot camp?”

“No, we have cabins for that in the spring and summer. Winter is more about relaxing and having fun. We only stay for a week and come back for Christmas and New Years.”

“And you’re telling me because…”

“Round up everyone you can and I’ll do the same.”

“Why would I do that?”

“You’re vice captain.”

“………………..”

“The resort has already been booked a long time ago for us.”

“….Resort?”

“Yes.”

“Oh.”

“Meet up on campus tomorrow at six sharp.”

“What is it with you and six sharp in the morning?”

“I like that time. What’s it to you?”

“Are you trying to start something again, ?”

“Not if you’re starting it first, panda.”

“UGHHH!”

“That’s what I thought,” Kris stalked off to his next class, leaving a frustrated panda behind.

******************************

With the promise of a resort, Tao was able to round up his best friends, while Kris rounded up his own best friends.

Kris was there early and was looking for a particular blond haired boy, but was surprised when the panda eyed boy trudged up in jet black hair.

“What’s with that?” Kris asked as he pointed at Tao’s hair.

“Oh, this?” Tao blinked sleepily and scratched his head. “It’s black.”

“I can see that. But why?”

“And you want to know becaauussseeee…”

“Forget it.”

Tao rolled his eyes as he hauled his luggage up the sidewalk, “I don’t want to have the same hair color as you.”

“Looks nice,” Kris reluctantly let out.

“Yeah, better than you would ever look,” Tao giggled.

“Ugh, forget I ever said anything.”

“No take backs!” Tao exclaimed.

Please log in to read the full chapter