First Game as XO High

Love and War on the Court
Please log in to read the full chapter

Tao got home, quickly did his homework, and went to sleep.

It was an unearthly time in the morning when Tao’s alarm went off.

Tao checked his phone and groaned. 5:30 AM. “!” Tao trudged out of bed and got ready for practice.

******************************

“You’re late,” Kris said as Tao ran to the outside field.

“Psh! It’s six!”

“O’ one,” Kris added.

Tao rolled his eyes as other team members trailed in late and got reprimanded by Kris as well.

******************************

The week went by with the team getting totally spent from the harsh practice.

“Hey, don’t you think you’re being too strict?” Tao said as he mixed the cookie batter.

“No,” Kris glared.

“You need to stop glaring at me,” Tao said as he glared back.

“I’m not glaring,” Kris shrugged as he tossed some more chocolate chips into the batter.

“No! I already put the right amount of chocolate chips!” Tao began picking out the chocolate chips.

Kris popped them into his mouth, “Anyways, we need to work hard to win the game.”

“But there’s a limit to practicing,” Tao pressed on. “What you’re doing is wrong.”

“Why? This is how I’ve been leading my team and it works fine. If you and your friends have a problem with it, then you can quit.”

“What is it with you and telling people to quit?”

“I’m just saying, we don’t need useless people on the team right?”

“Useless? What do you mean by that!”

“I mean what I mean.”

“Why are you like that, huh?”

“Like what, exactly?”

“UGHH! Since the game is tomorrow, you should at least let everyone have a short break.”

“We don’t need a break. If you want, we can have it after we win the game.”

“Well, have you ever asked for their opinions? Not everyone can take all this practice! What if someone gets sick!”

“If they can’t take it, they can leave. I’m the captain and I do exactly everything they do and even more. I’m perfectly fine, aren’t I?” Kris got up to leave.

Tao stared at Kris’ receding back and yelled after him, “And that’s why you’re an !”

Tao thought for a moment before adding, “If you don’t come back, you’ll fail for today’s cooking class!”

Kris just shrugged and waved his hand up as he exited the room.

******************************

The next day came around and XO High was playing against Y High. Tao smirked. It was going to be an easy win. O High thoroughly smashed Y High in every game they played. Based on the stats, X High also beat Y High every time as well.

Tao grabbed the ball and dribbled it down the court. Xiumin waved his arms and Tao passed the ball to Xiumin. Luhan waved to Xiumin, who refused to pass it, resulting in the Y team stealing the ball.

Chanyeol stole the ball back and dribbled it back down the court. Baekhyun was open and kept waving his arms, “You freak! Pass it!”

Chanyeol shook his head as he shot the ball. It hit the hoop and bounced back out. Y High immediately caught the ball and passed it back and forth the court before making a point.

“Ugh!” Tao glared at Chanyeol as they huddled. “Why didn’t you pass the ball to Baekhyun?”

Chanyeol shrugged, “He wouldn’t be able to shoot it in.”

“And why wouldn’t I?” Baekhyun snarled as he tried to kick Chanyeol.

“I’ve seen you during practice. Too short. Jump too low. Wouldn’t have made it at your position.”

“And you made it,” Sehun stared at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol looked away, “Unlucky shot, I guess.”

“What about you Xiumin?” Lay glared.

Xiumin shrugged as w

Please log in to read the full chapter