Side Chapter: Baekyeol

Love and War on the Court
Please log in to read the full chapter

Baekhyun was walking along the streets, enjoying himself, when he spotted a Dumbo stuffed animal on display in a shop. He leaned closer to the window to take a closer look. Baekhyun snorted when he was suddenly reminded of a certain giant with large ears. He was in a reverie when he suddenly saw Chanyeol’s reflection in the window. Baekhyun shook his head furiously. It couldn’t be. Could it? Baekhyun blinked his eyes rapidly, but Chanyeol’s reflection was still there, complete with the large ears and large grin.

“Hey, shorty,” a deep voice let out.

Baekhyun whirled around and stabbed his finger onto Chanyeol’s chest, “Why are you stalking me, you giant freak!”

“What are you looking at?” Chanyeol wondered.

“Nothing,” Baekhyun said as he stomped inside the store.

Chanyeol followed Baekhyun inside, “I saw you looking at the Dumbo.”

“Because,” Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “It looks like you. Stupid with big ears.” Baekhyun skipped over to it. “I guess I have to buy it now because it looks so hilarious.” Baekhyun picked up the large stuffed Dumbo. “It can be my punching bag,” Baekhyun added.

Chanyeol raised his eyebrow as he reached over for the Timothy next to Dumbo, “Hey, shorty.”

“What?!” Baekhyun exclaimed annoyedly. “Stop calling me short!”

“I’m not calling you short. I’m calling you shorty.”

“Whatver, same thing,” Baekhyun scoffed.

“So, shorty, if I’m Dumbo, you’re Timothy,” Chanyeol grinned as he shook the stuffed Timothy in Baekhyun’s face.

Baekhyun let out a deeply offended scoff, “Is this another dig at me being short?”

“Not really,” Chanyeol said. “It’s just that you are short.”

Baekhyun stomped over the cashier, “Hurry and ring this up! I’m in a rush!”

“Yeah, hurry,” Chanyeol said as he put the stuffed Timothy on the counter.

The cashier rang up the two purchases together and told them the total amount followed by a, “You two are cute together!”

“We’re not together!” Chanyeol and Baekhyun exclaimed.

“O-oh!” the cashier chuckled nervously.

“And why did you ring our purchases together?” Baekhyun whined. “I said I’m in a rush!”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes as he took out his wallet and paid for both stuffed animals, “There, I paid. Are you happy now?”

Baekhyun grabbed his Dumbo, hugged and stomped out the store.

“Hurry make up with him!” the cashier encouraged with a wide smile as Chanyeol followed Baekhyun out the door.

“Thanks!” Chanyeol exclaimed as he exited the store.

******************************

“Stop. Following. Me.” Baekhyun gritted his teeth.

“I’m not,” Chanyeol retorted.

Baekhyun walked on himself when he noticed that Chanyeol was no longer following him. “Good riddance,” Baekhyun muttered to himself. He turned back to see Chanyeol casually sitting in the middle of a park bench.

Baekhyun stomped over and tried to shove Chanyeol to the side, “Move, you giant oaf! This is a public bench!”

“That’s why I’m sitting on it!” Chanyeol exclaimed.

“Why are you sitting in the middle?” Baekhyun exclaimed. “You need to sit on one end, so others can sit, too!”

“So? It’s not like there’s anyone out here that wants to sit right now,” Chanyeol replied.

“Excuse me, but my legs are suddenly feeling tired. Move aside so I can rest on this public bench,” Baekhyun sniffed.

“You’re small enough to fit on either side of me,” Chanyeol snickered as he held up his stuffed Timothy.

“Well, you’re just too giant,” Baekhyun glared as he held up his stuffed Dumbo warningly.

Much to Baekhyun’s frustration, Chanyeol did not budge an inch, so Baekhyun sat down in a huff.

The two stared off into the distance for a moment of silence, when Chanyeol got up again. Coincidentally, Baekhyun stood up at the same time.

“Stop following me!” Baekhyun exclaimed.

“I’m not!” Chanyeol grumbled as he trudged off into the snow. “Dramatic much?”

“Hey! Hey!” Baekhyun yelled as he stomped after Chanyeol. “Come back here! Are you talking bad about me?”

The two finally ended up in a coffee shop together.

“Look who’s following who now,” Chanyeol snickered.

Baekhyun crossed his arms, “I’m here for something warm to drink. I don’t know about you.”

“Hot coffee,” Chanyeol answered simply.

“Humph,” they said as they turned away from each other.

“And today’s lucky recipients of the couple latte are…. Chanyeol and Baekhyun! Congratulations!”

“What?” Chanyeol and Baekhyun gasped as they turned to each other. “You signed up for it?”

“No!” they exclaimed at the same time.

“Please come up and link arms while drinking the latte!” the barista chirped while the whole place chattered and pointed at Chanyeol and Baekhyun

Please log in to read the full chapter