Phone Call

Love and War on the Court
Please log in to read the full chapter

Tao opened his eyes the next day and screamed.

“Babe, stop screaming,” Kris said. “You’re going to wake up to my face every day. It’s because you always wake up late. Hurry up, we need to go to practice.”

“Who let him in the house!” Tao yelled. “And my room!”

“Your alarm rang, but you didn’t wake up. I told Kris he could come up and wake you up. As usual,” Mrs. Huang popped her head in and out as she left.

“At least stop staring at my face so closely!” Tao muttered as he got off his bed.

“It’s because you’re so cute.”

“Shut up.”

“Get used to it because you’ll wake up next to me every day in the near future.”

Tao stormed off to the bathroom, “You wish.”

“Haha.”

******************************

“Okay, five more days of practice,” Kris announced. “Everyone, take out a piece of paper and anonymously write what you would like to change about practice.”

Tao rolled his eyes, “Kris, we know everyone’s handwriting. Plus, why be anonymous if we’re already a team?”

“Uhh, okay. Just start talking, then,” Kris scratched his head.

With the suggestions of everyone, they all changed the way they normally practiced around.

“No morning practice,” Tao declared as his friends all agreed.

“But…” Kris actually enjoyed morning practice. He always woke up early and what better way to spend it than exercise by running and playing basketball?

Some of his team members raised their hands to agree with Tao.

“Majority rules?” Suho asked.

Kyungsoo shrugged as he wrote down the ideas and amount of votes or agreements.

“You can play alone if you want to practice so badly,” Tao crossed his arms.

“But, babe,” Kris smirked. “You won’t wake up to my face if I’m not picking you up for morning practice.”

Tao blushed, “Who needs to wake up to your face!”

Everyone snickered.

“Okay, okay. If you want to see me so much, I’ll practice in my yard and pick you up for school.”

“Sh-shut up.”

They finished up with suggestions and began their practice.

******************************

It was Friday evening when Tao received a phone call.

“I’m going out!” Tao said as he skipped out the door.

“What’s up with him?” Mr. Huang wondered.

*******************

Please log in to read the full chapter