Jealousy

Love and War on the Court
Please log in to read the full chapter

After a short practice session, the team members gathered in a circle on the court.

“Free time now?” Luhan asked hopefully.

“Let’s do something together,” Chanyeol suggested.

“How about a round of friendly basketball?” Kris asked.

Everyone groaned.

“We love basketball, but not that much, Kris,” Tao rolled his eyes. Tao tightened the hoodie on his neck and stood up. “I’m going to get some juice from the vending machine over there. Anyone coming?”

No one made a move to get up because they were too tired, so Tao ran off himself. He was jabbing the button for orange juice, but nothing was coming. “What’s going on?” Tao whined to the machine.

Suddenly, a figure leaned against the machine, causing Tao to look up. “Did you get the orange juice?” the guy smiled.

“Yeah! How’d you know?” Tao’s eyes widened.

The guy gently pushed Tao aside and hit the machine in various angles before the orange juice rolled out at the bottom. “The machine’s broken,” he grabbed the orange juice and handed it to Tao.

“Wow!” Tao’s eyes twinkled and his mouth pulled up in a grin. “That’s so cool! Thanks for helping me out! Is there anything I can do in return?”

The guy smiled playfully, “Yeah.”

“What is it?” Tao asked.

“Give me a kiss.”

Tao’s eyes widened, “I don’t think I…”

“I’m just kidding,” the guy chuckled. “But still, you’re cute.”

“I’m wha – uf! Kris! What are you doing?” Tao struggled out of Kris’ hold. “Stop dragging me! I can walk on my own. Stop ittt!!!”

******************************

“Hey, Kris,” Kai smirked.

“What?” Kris asked.

Chen lifted his head Tao’s direction.

Kris eyes widened. Tao was standing at the vending machine, shyly talking to some bastard who was coolly leaning against the machines! Kris huffed as he got up and stomped over to Tao. Stupid. Don’t you know it when people are trying to flirt with you? Kris successfully dragged Tao back to their group.

“What was that for?” Tao pouted and crossed his arms. “I was talking to someone before you rudely pulled me away. I didn’t even get his name! He helped me get my drink, too!”

Kris muttered incoherent words.

“You made me spill some of my orange juice, too,” Tao added as an afterthought.

Kris pulled Tao to his side and looked around the court to see if the guy was around anymore, but he was gone. Kris still didn’t release his protective hold around Tao’s shoulders.

******************************

“We have our home team!” the announcer exclaimed. “And XO High!”

As the two teams met in the middle to shake hands, a familiar looking person smiled. “Hey.”

Tao’s eyes widened, “Orange juice?”

“Yeah,” he smiled until he noticed markings on Tao’s neck and a looming figure behind Tao. That was when he let out a chuckle, “So that’s why.”

“Why what?” Tao looked confused.

The guy pointed at his own neck and smirked at Kris. “Marking doesn’t mean anything.”

“What the hell?” Kris glared. “He’s mine, so back off.”

“Yeah, yeah,” he smiled as went to his group huddle.

“Kriisssss!” Tao screamed. “Why didn’t you remind me?”

“Uhhh, I didn’t know?”

Tao huffed and snatched his hoodie, pulling it over his head. “I can’t believe you!”

In fact, Kris found the guy’s face earlier familiar, and he finally recognized the guy as part of the team they were going against that day. He wanted to show that Tao belonged to him, hence, not reminding Tao to cover up.

Much

Please log in to read the full chapter