Love?

Love and War on the Court
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Hey, mom and dad,” Tao said glumly as he sat down on the couch with his tub of ice cream.

“Yes, honey?” Mr. and Mrs. Huang each sat down on either side of their son.

“So if a captain is being harsh to someone during some type of sports practice, and that captain has been harsh for the longest time, because they believe practice is important and winning some tournament is super important that they treat everyone harshly and meanly, and then some members are so tired they just want to lie on the floor and take a mini break, but he makes them get up and continue practicing and then the vice captain on the team stands up to him and says that breaks are necessary, and those two on the team begin to fight and then the members on the ground all get up, but one is really weak and tries to get up and the vice captain gets into an argument with the captain and then they start yelling at each other and then the vice captain calls the captain names and says they hate the captain and the captain is yelling back and suddenly the captain kisses the vice captain and it’s a really really violent and painful kiss and the vice captain bites the captain’s lip and then slaps the captain and at the same time, the really weak and tired member gets up and tries to continue practice and that member faints on the court and then the vice captain runs away angrily leaving the place and then the captain hasn’t been showing to school and the vice captain thought that the captain is just avoiding him, but then that’s actually not the case because the captain is completely gone! Missing!”

Mr. Huang looked confusedly at Mrs. Huang, who shrugged her shoulders in response.

Tao shoveled in some ice cream into his mouth and swallowed it before continuing his story. “And then this vice captain finds out from other members that her just might be something deeper to the story and that the captain has some issues and family problems that no one really knows for sure, but the friends kind of know it, but the captain and vice captain who are kind of close, or at least one of them thought they were close, doesn’t know a single thing, so then all the other members are saying that I’m different from other people but I ran away because I don’t know what to do?”

“Umm, are you talking about you… dearie?”  Mrs. Huang clarified.

“No!” Tao sniffled as he shoveled more ice cream into his mouth. “I said that it’s a captain and vice captain from some sports team!”

“But you said ‘I’ near the end,” Mr. Huang added.

“Just tell me what to do!” Tao exclaimed.

“Tell ‘you’ what to do?” Mrs. Huang clarified again.

“No! Tell the vice captain of that different sports team what to do!” Tao pouted.

“Oh well…” Mrs. Huang began.

“I say go over to that captain’s house and make sure you bring your father along to rip out that captain’s guts and – ”

Mrs. Huang glared at her husband, who immediately quieted down.

“Zitao, you should, I mean, that vice captain should go over to that captain’s house and talk things over. Who knows. Maybe there is a special relationship the two hold. Maybe. Just maybe. They love each other and they need to work things out,” Mrs. Huang advised.

“L-lov

Please log in to read the full chapter