He's Not My Boyfriend!

Love and War on the Court
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Okay, we’re here,” Tao said. “Thanks for walking me.”

“No problem.”

Tao was about to leave for his front door when Kris grabbed onto his wrists and pulled him back.

“Wha – ? Why do you keep doing tha – ”

Kris pressed his lips onto Tao’s. Tao’s eyes widened as Kris pulled away.

Kris smirked at the panda’s speechless face, “That’s for calling me earlier.” Tao’s mind began to process again and he remembered that he called Kris an when they were playing video games and discussing basketball practice.

“You as – ”

“Uh uh uh,” Kris grinned as he waved his forefinger at Tao. “Do you want another one?”

Tao blushed as the front door suddenly opened. “Zitaaaooo! Oh, is that your boyfriend right there honey? Am I interrupting something special?”

“You opened the door on purpose, honey!” Mr. Huang rolled his eyes from inside the house.

Mrs. Huang whipped her head around and glared at her husband, “Hush, old man!”

“That makes you an old woman,” Mr. Huang muttered.

“I heard that!”

Mrs. Huang turned back to Kris and Tao. “Honey, why don’t you ask your boyfriend to come over for Christmas or New Years, hmm? Introduce him to us!”

Mr. Huang showed up beside Mrs. Huang, “Yes, we’d like to know more about him.”

Kris chuckled as Tao spluttered out, “H-he’s not my b-boyfriend!”

“Kris dear, are you free any of those days?” Mrs. Huang ignored Tao.

“Umm, I guess I’m free most of the break. My parents aren’t here,” Kris replied.

“Oh goodie!” Mrs. Huang clapped. “Then why don’t you come over to celebrate both Christmas and New Years with us?”

“Mooooooommm!” Tao whined. “Stop iiitttttt!”

“Hush, I’m talking to your boyfriend! Where are you manners, child!” Mrs. Huang chastised Tao.

“He’s not my boyfriend!” Tao said for the nth time.

“So? Can you come over?” Mrs. Huang looked expectantly at Kris.

Kris looked over at Tao as if asking permission.

“Look at him, Zitao. Asking you permission to come over after having permission from the parents already!” Mr. Huang said. “That’s a good lad you got there.”

Tao groaned and relented, “Fine.”

Kris smiled and ruffled Tao’s hair, “Okay, I’ll be there, then.”

“Ooohhh! They’re so cute, aren’t they honey?” Mrs. Huang squealed.

Tao slapped Kris’ hand away, turned his heel, and stomped into the house to his bedroom.

Mr. and Mrs. Huang ignored Tao and turned to Kris. “Don’t mind him. He’s just embarrassed.” Mrs. Huang giggled. “But then again, you would know because you’re his boyfriend.”

Mr. Huang rolled his eyes, knowing his wife was blowing things out of proportion, “Honey, don’t go overboard.”

Kris just laughed, “It’s okay. And yeah, I’m pretty familiar with how he acts.”

“I have a question for you young man,” Mr. Huang suddenly got serious.

“Uh, yes?” Kris scratched his head.

“Are you Zitao’s boyfriend?”

Mrs. Huang leaned in with a wide smile while nodding her head.

“Umm, actually no…” Kris began.

Mr. and Mrs. Huang’s faces fell a little until Kris smiled widely.

“No. Not yet.”

Mr. Huang’s face broke into a smile as he chuckled and patted Kris on the back, “Thatta boy! You go get ‘im!”

Mrs. Huang squealed, “Oh my! How exciting!”

Kris smiled as he waved goodbye to Tao’s parents.

******************************

“I told you our son was gay!” Mrs. Huang chirped.

“What does that matter?” Mr. Huang said as he settled into the living room couch.

“Well, for one, I could have tried finding him someone earlier! All that time I was trying to find him a girlfriend!”

“He can find someone on his own accord, honey. Stop meddling with young children’s affairs.”

Mrs. Huang pouted, “But he’s at that age already and never even experienced a single thing about love! When will he ever ge

Please log in to read the full chapter